NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like Eddie more when he just posted vintage vadge.

:lol:

Actually, you sort of jolted my memory a bit there.

A few days ago i read an award winning article (Pulitzer i think iirc) about the death of Dorothy Stratten. I saved it ages ago, as a PDF-file, and it lay dormant for yonks, so i finally got around to checking it out. It was a thorough piece that looked into Snider/Stratten relationship, and the Hefner/Playmates dynamic etc.

Miss Statten wasn't given enough bandwidth last time i posted in the vv thread - a ride aboard the Google Train is calling.

Apologies for derailing thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2486030/Abdisalam-Ibrahim-released-Manchester-City-January.html?ico=sport%5Eheadlines

Manchester City youngster Abdisalam Ibrahim will be allowed to leave in the January transfer window, with a clutch of clubs keen on the midfielder.

The Norway under 21 international has been told he can leave the Etihad Stadium by manager Manuel Pellegrini, who doesn't feel Ibrahim has a long-term future at the club.

The central-midfielder, who has been likened to Yaya Toure, has earned rave reviews during his loan stay with Norwegian club Stromgodset, helping his side establish a three point lead at the top of Tippeligaen with just two games to play.

Scouts from Hull, Everton, Newcastle, Fiorentina, Lazio and Stuttgart have watched Ibrahim in recent weeks and will continue to keep tabs on him.

It is understood Ibrahim would prefer a move to a rival Premier League club.

Crystal Palace and Celtic both enquired about the 22-year-old during the summer transfer window, but highly-rated Ibrahim decided to rejoin Stromgodset on loan.

Any big followers of stromgodset on here, like?

No, but he has been pretty good for them when on loan. The thing is though, I would call Tippeligaen as a bottom-half championship/top-half league 1 league. Even though I bet most League 1 clubs could beat most of the clubs with ease.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Norwegian player in a Newcastle-kit, and he is much more effective then Gosling. Might be a bit rough around the edges though, has a Tiote tendency to grab yellow cards and collect them.

CM really isn't a position we need strengthening, especially if Tiote is reverting back to his early style.

That said I wouldn't be upset signing a talented youngster.

Think it depends tbh, i still don't really like the balance of the midfield and would definitely like another creative midfield option which will push Cabaye or allow us to play Cabaye deeper and someone with creativity in front.

I think we have a decent mix in Cabaye, Anita, Tiote, Marveaux, Sissoko then Bigi who looks to have as much if not more experience.

The lad could be class but he isn't that young and doesn't seem to have much if any experience at the top level. If we are to sign a CM to add a bit of creativity I would prefer someone proven rather than someone who needs games but ends up sitting most games on the bench (if that).

I think we have a decent mix in Cabaye, Anita, Tiote, Marveaux, Sissoko then Bigi who looks to have as much if not more experience.

The lad could be class but he isn't that young and doesn't seem to have much if any experience at the top level. If we are to sign a CM to add a bit of creativity I would prefer someone proven rather than someone who needs games but ends up sitting most games on the bench (if that).

So would i, wasn't saying we should buy a kid.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Norwegian player in a Newcastle-kit, and he is much more effective then Gosling. Might be a bit rough around the edges though, has a Tiote tendency to grab yellow cards and collect them.

Not a big fan of Norwegian players....show me a good Norwegian player  - except from BabyFace the Assassin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2486030/Abdisalam-Ibrahim-released-Manchester-City-January.html?ico=sport%5Eheadlines

Manchester City youngster Abdisalam Ibrahim will be allowed to leave in the January transfer window, with a clutch of clubs keen on the midfielder.

The Norway under 21 international has been told he can leave the Etihad Stadium by manager Manuel Pellegrini, who doesn't feel Ibrahim has a long-term future at the club.

The central-midfielder, who has been likened to Yaya Toure, has earned rave reviews during his loan stay with Norwegian club Stromgodset, helping his side establish a three point lead at the top of Tippeligaen with just two games to play.

Scouts from Hull, Everton, Newcastle, Fiorentina, Lazio and Stuttgart have watched Ibrahim in recent weeks and will continue to keep tabs on him.

It is understood Ibrahim would prefer a move to a rival Premier League club.

Crystal Palace and Celtic both enquired about the 22-year-old during the summer transfer window, but highly-rated Ibrahim decided to rejoin Stromgodset on loan.

Any big followers of stromgodset on here, like?

No, but he has been pretty good for them when on loan. The thing is though, I would call Tippeligaen as a bottom-half championship/top-half league 1 league. Even though I bet most League 1 clubs could beat most of the clubs with ease.

Think clubs like Rosenborg, Molde and the current version Strømsgodset could hold their own in the bottom half of the championship tbh. The rest would struggle even in League 1.

Not a big fan of Norwegian players....show me a good Norwegian player  - except from BabyFace the Assassin

I'm gonna swallow this bait hook, line and sinker tbh.

There haven't been many. Active today there's probably only Brede Hangeland  that has made a name for himself outside Scandinavia. Although in the Bundesliga we have Mohammed Abdellaoue, Omar Elabdellaoui, Håvard Nordtveit and even Per Ciljan Skjelbred doing quite well today. Markus Henriksen at AZ and Magnus Wolff Eikrem at Heerenveen are good prospects as well though. A lot of interesting youngsters coming through, which could be seen as they placed 3rd in the under 21 EC in Israel this summer. Ibrahim is definiately one of those talents. Not sure he has what it takes to make it in the PL though. Should probably go through Holland before trying one of the better leagues.

Knowing Norway the talents that haven't left the Norwegian league will be absolutely ruined by our idiotic sporting policies by the time they should be ready for the national team though, as Mix Diskerud said when he defected to the US.

Also, going back in time you could argue Claus Lundekvam, Henning Berg, Ronny Johnsen, Brede Hangeland, Stig Inge Bjørnebye, Jan Åge Fjørtoft, Andre Bergdølmo, Erik Thorstvedt and even the likes of John Arne Riise, John Carew, Steffen Iversen, Vegard Heggem and Tore Andre Flo were decent in their prime. Given the standard of our football league/recruitment system/idiotic sporting polices/total number of inhabitants I find it quite decent to have made as many ok/good players as we have, tbh.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Definitely.

Financials aside though, if i was a Chelski fan, i wouldn't want the club exposing one of the hottest striking prospects in world football to Pardoo's footy ethos (for a season-long loan period).

Hypothetical scenario: if we were actually prepared to stump-up & compete with Everton over loan signing fees etc. In terms of player development (while the lad is on loan),  and the respective approaches of Martinez vs Pardoo. If i was in Mourinho's boots, i'd set aside any personal friendship (with Pardoo) and opt for the former every time, i'd tout the lad abroad rather than let Lukaku anywhere near Pardoo.

I think that Mourinho also took into consideration that loaning us Lukaku could bolster our infinitesimal chances of finishing 4th. With Remy and Cisse who has proved he can score more than 10 goals a season we would have quite a strikeforce compared to what Everton have at the moment.

Definitely.

Financials aside though, if i was a Chelski fan, i wouldn't want the club exposing one of the hottest striking prospects in world football to Pardoo's footy ethos (for a season-long loan period).

Hypothetical scenario: if we were actually prepared to stump-up & compete with Everton over loan signing fees etc. In terms of player development (while the lad is on loan),  and the respective approaches of Martinez vs Pardoo. If i was in Mourinho's boots, i'd set aside any personal friendship (with Pardoo) and opt for the former every time, i'd tout the lad abroad rather than let Lukaku anywhere near Pardoo.

I think that Mourinho also took into consideration that loaning us Lukaku could bolster our infinitesimal chances of finishing 4th. With Remy and Cisse who has proved he can score more than 10 goals a season we would have quite a strikeforce compared to what Everton have at the moment.

I'm sorry but there is no chance that Mourinho didn't loan us Lukaku because we might be a challenge for a Champions League spot.

Definitely.

I'm sorry but there is no chance that Mourinho didn't loan us Lukaku because we might be a challenge for a Champions League spot.

Hmmm we make up 32pts on last season to make the CL or Everton make up 10 with Lukaku. Sounds plausible.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

We wouldn't finish top 4 if we had Lionel f*cking Messi.

Give ya head a shake.

Pardew would leave messi on the bench

There haven't been many. Active today there's probably only Brede Hangeland  that has made a name for himself outside Scandinavia. Although in the Bundesliga we have Mohammed Abdellaoue, Omar Elabdellaoui, Håvard Nordtveit and even Per Ciljan Skjelbred doing quite well today. Markus Henriksen at AZ and Magnus Wolff Eikrem at Heerenveen are good prospects as well though. A lot of interesting youngsters coming through, which could be seen as they placed 3rd in the under 21 EC in Israel this summer. Ibrahim is definiately one of those talents. Not sure he has what it takes to make it in the PL though. Should probably go through Holland before trying one of the better leagues.

Knowing Norway the talents that haven't left the Norwegian league will be absolutely ruined by our idiotic sporting policies by the time they should be ready for the national team though, as Mix Diskerud said when he defected to the US.

Also, going back in time you could argue Claus Lundekvam, Henning Berg, Ronny Johnsen, Brede Hangeland, Stig Inge Bjørnebye, Jan Åge Fjørtoft, Andre Bergdølmo, Erik Thorstvedt and even the likes of John Arne Riise, John Carew, Steffen Iversen, Vegard Heggem and Tore Andre Flo were decent in their prime. Given the standard of our football league/recruitment system/idiotic sporting polices/total number of inhabitants I find it quite decent to have made as many ok/good players as we have, tbh.

Well, being a Dane I was just teasing a bit. But your answer did show I was almost right. Hangeland, riise & flo are probably the best in recent time and the ones before them are mainly "primitive" defenders or strong forwards. The active ones you mention I only know by name and tbf they would probably not be profiles in the PL. Norway have struggled for many years. Have drillo been good for Norway? He used to get ok results but his philosophy is outdated imo.

Well, being a Dane I was just teasing a bit. But your answer did show I was almost right. Hangeland, riise & flo are probably the best in recent time and the ones before them are mainly "primitive" defenders or strong forwards. The active ones you mention I only know by name and tbf they would probably not be profiles in the PL. Norway have struggled for many years. Have drillo been good for Norway? He used to get ok results but his philosophy is outdated imo.

They have a new manager I think.