NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew's Friendship With Mourinho Can't Be THAT Strong!

Published : 04 Nov 2013 13:29:17RSS FEED12 VIEWS0 COMMENTS

Alan Pardew has claimed that he used his friendship with Jose Mourinho to try and lure Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku to St James' Park over the summer.

http://www.football.co.uk/newcastle_united/pardew_s_friendship_with_mourinho_can_t_be_that_strong_rss4474801.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"I was obviously pestering him for Lukaku as well, but that didn’t come off.

“We were one of four or five clubs who were on the phone, but sometimes it’s dictated to you by other factors"

We wouldn't pay the relatively low loan fee then.

Alan Pardew has claimed that he used his friendship with Jose Mourinho to try and lure Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku to St James' Park over the summer.

http://www.football.co.uk/newcastle_united/pardew_s_friendship_with_mourinho_can_t_be_that_strong_rss4474801.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

“We were one of four or five clubs who were on the phone, but sometimes it’s dictated to you by other factors"

Ouf course, that's the only possible factor afterall..

Ouf course, that's the only possible factor afterall..

Good point, maybe Mourinho thinks Lukaku is an abortion of a player and doesn't want to burden him on his mate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2486030/Abdisalam-Ibrahim-released-Manchester-City-January.html?ico=sport%5Eheadlines

Manchester City youngster Abdisalam Ibrahim will be allowed to leave in the January transfer window, with a clutch of clubs keen on the midfielder.

The Norway under 21 international has been told he can leave the Etihad Stadium by manager Manuel Pellegrini, who doesn't feel Ibrahim has a long-term future at the club.

The central-midfielder, who has been likened to Yaya Toure, has earned rave reviews during his loan stay with Norwegian club Stromgodset, helping his side establish a three point lead at the top of Tippeligaen with just two games to play.

Scouts from Hull, Everton, Newcastle, Fiorentina, Lazio and Stuttgart have watched Ibrahim in recent weeks and will continue to keep tabs on him.

It is understood Ibrahim would prefer a move to a rival Premier League club.

Crystal Palace and Celtic both enquired about the 22-year-old during the summer transfer window, but highly-rated Ibrahim decided to rejoin Stromgodset on loan.

Definitely.

Financials aside though, if i was a Chelski fan, i wouldn't want the club exposing one of the hottest striking prospects in world football to Pardoo's footy ethos (for a season-long loan period).

Hypothetical scenario: if we were actually prepared to stump-up & compete with Everton over loan signing fees etc. In terms of player development (while the lad is on loan),  and the respective approaches of Martinez vs Pardoo. If i was in Mourinho's boots, i'd set aside any personal friendship (with Pardoo) and opt for the former every time, i'd tout the lad abroad rather than let Lukaku anywhere near Pardoo.

Fucking stop writing Pardoo, ffs. It's incredibly stupid.

But by using Pardoo/Pardle people show just how much they hate him. They can't even come to type his name. He has become Voldemort.

I definitely use Pardle because I hate him. Not the other reason.

f***ing stop writing Pardoo, ffs. It's incredibly stupid.

But by using Pardoo/Pardle people show just how much they hate him. They can't even come to type his name. He has become Voldemort.

:lol: And if you do write his name, his followers sense it and come running.

I think it was daft letting Lukaku go out on loan again as I definitely think he had a part to play for Chelsea this season. I don't think Abramovich would prefer him over Torres though.