NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wouldn't mind seeing a Norwegian player in a Newcastle-kit, and he is much more effective then Gosling. Might be a bit rough around the edges though, has a Tiote tendency to grab yellow cards and collect them.

Not a big fan of Norwegian players....show me a good Norwegian player  - except from BabyFace the Assassin

I'm gonna swallow this bait hook, line and sinker tbh.

There haven't been many. Active today there's probably only Brede Hangeland  that has made a name for himself outside Scandinavia. Although in the Bundesliga we have Mohammed Abdellaoue, Omar Elabdellaoui, Håvard Nordtveit and even Per Ciljan Skjelbred doing quite well today. Markus Henriksen at AZ and Magnus Wolff Eikrem at Heerenveen are good prospects as well though. A lot of interesting youngsters coming through, which could be seen as they placed 3rd in the under 21 EC in Israel this summer. Ibrahim is definiately one of those talents. Not sure he has what it takes to make it in the PL though. Should probably go through Holland before trying one of the better leagues.

Knowing Norway the talents that haven't left the Norwegian league will be absolutely ruined by our idiotic sporting policies by the time they should be ready for the national team though, as Mix Diskerud said when he defected to the US.

Also, going back in time you could argue Claus Lundekvam, Henning Berg, Ronny Johnsen, Brede Hangeland, Stig Inge Bjørnebye, Jan Åge Fjørtoft, Andre Bergdølmo, Erik Thorstvedt and even the likes of John Arne Riise, John Carew, Steffen Iversen, Vegard Heggem and Tore Andre Flo were decent in their prime. Given the standard of our football league/recruitment system/idiotic sporting polices/total number of inhabitants I find it quite decent to have made as many ok/good players as we have, tbh.

Well, being a Dane I was just teasing a bit. But your answer did show I was almost right. Hangeland, riise & flo are probably the best in recent time and the ones before them are mainly "primitive" defenders or strong forwards. The active ones you mention I only know by name and tbf they would probably not be profiles in the PL. Norway have struggled for many years. Have drillo been good for Norway? He used to get ok results but his philosophy is outdated imo.

Well, the pendulum swings both ways. Denmark hasn't done so well either (bar winning an EC, obviously). Schmeicel and Laudrup being the big ones, and Agger being a sorta better defender than Hangeland. ;)

Yea, Per Mathias Høgmo. Hopefully we're in for a generation change, Drillos players and tactics are outdated.

Should never have gone with Høgmo tbh. He won't do a generation change. Should've pushed fucking hard for Solskjær or Deila tbh.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Norwegian player in a Newcastle-kit, and he is much more effective then Gosling. Might be a bit rough around the edges though, has a Tiote tendency to grab yellow cards and collect them.

Not a big fan of Norwegian players....show me a good Norwegian player  - except from BabyFace the Assassin

I'm gonna swallow this bait hook, line and sinker tbh.

There haven't been many. Active today there's probably only Brede Hangeland  that has made a name for himself outside Scandinavia. Although in the Bundesliga we have Mohammed Abdellaoue, Omar Elabdellaoui, Håvard Nordtveit and even Per Ciljan Skjelbred doing quite well today. Markus Henriksen at AZ and Magnus Wolff Eikrem at Heerenveen are good prospects as well though. A lot of interesting youngsters coming through, which could be seen as they placed 3rd in the under 21 EC in Israel this summer. Ibrahim is definiately one of those talents. Not sure he has what it takes to make it in the PL though. Should probably go through Holland before trying one of the better leagues.

Knowing Norway the talents that haven't left the Norwegian league will be absolutely ruined by our idiotic sporting policies by the time they should be ready for the national team though, as Mix Diskerud said when he defected to the US.

Also, going back in time you could argue Claus Lundekvam, Henning Berg, Ronny Johnsen, Brede Hangeland, Stig Inge Bjørnebye, Jan Åge Fjørtoft, Andre Bergdølmo, Erik Thorstvedt and even the likes of John Arne Riise, John Carew, Steffen Iversen, Vegard Heggem and Tore Andre Flo were decent in their prime. Given the standard of our football league/recruitment system/idiotic sporting polices/total number of inhabitants I find it quite decent to have made as many ok/good players as we have, tbh.

Well, being a Dane I was just teasing a bit. But your answer did show I was almost right. Hangeland, riise & flo are probably the best in recent time and the ones before them are mainly "primitive" defenders or strong forwards. The active ones you mention I only know by name and tbf they would probably not be profiles in the PL. Norway have struggled for many years. Have drillo been good for Norway? He used to get ok results but his philosophy is outdated imo.

Well, the pendulum swings both ways. Denmark hasn't done so well either (bar winning an EC, obviously). Schmeicel and Laudrup being the big ones, and Agger being a sorta better defender than Hangeland. ;)

Well - Denmark have not done well either tbf. But i think we have produced better players in recent years and i also think we are playing more attractive football, which hasn´t been that great tbh. Think the Drillo years have not done much good for Norway in the long run...

I also think we have produced better players over the last 10 years or so. To mention a few: Okore, Agger, Bendtner :snod:, Eriksen, Boilesen, Poulsen (not for Liverpool), Bjelland, Fischer, Gravesen, Tomasson.

Going further back: Allan Simonsen (European player of the year), Elkjaer, Flemming Povlsen, 2xLaudrup, Lerby, arnesen and Mølby.

It was not supposed to be a battle of who have the best players...i just think Norway mainly have produced strong and a little primitive players - when you look at the ones who have had the best careers.

Think Norway have to start a process like for example Germany did (and DK) which takes time. Maybe they have already as you mentioned your U21s doing well.

Guest palnese

The coaching mentality in Norway over the last few decades has been pretty much the same as in England - Dinosaur methods and a lack of education among the youth coaches. Usually it's just one of the kids dad who's the trainer.

Things are looking up a bit now, and I think we've realised that developing technical ability is alpha omega. We've got a lot of pitches with astro turf, making it possible to play all the time, not just just from spring to autumn.

We're a small country and will most likely never produce an International team as good as the one we had back in the 90's though.

I think its been said before but French League is very slow paced and less space in between the midfield and defense.

So attacking players tend to come from France and do quite well over here if they are actually any good but defenders struggle because of the much quicker pace.

Its definitely no Holland as far as goalscoring goes.

Not this fucking guy AGAIN  :lol:

Seemed pretty obvious we'd be back in for him either in January or next summer.

As for his goal record, while its 1 in 3 overall its been better than that for the last couple of seasons.  14 from 36 in 2011/12 and 16 from 37 in 2012/13 (close to 1 in 2).  Not that 1 in 3 was ever a bad goal return, even in Ligue 1.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-chase-wilfried-zaha-transfer-2711400#ixzz2k67S2fNk

Zaha linked again.

I don't know what to make of this player, because for some reason he seems to have gone backwards over the last season and a half. He actually looks less skilful than he did before, somehow.

I don't particularly trust Pardew's judgement of a player and I'd rather steer clear.

Guest Roger Kint

Ben Arfa would be playing if he was doing what he did at Villa on a more regular basis regardless of work rate imo. He's been dropped because he hasn't been dangerous in an attacking sense since that match.

This

Ben Arfa's dropped because he won't work his bollocks off for the team, no chance we'll be bringing in this lad, even worse.

Does Remy like?

Carry one, but two? Doesn't work. Remy has been more dangerous than Ben Arfa so rightfully picked ahead of him. Doubt we'll see Remy Ben Arfa on oppositive wings very much under Pardew. I see no point in taking Zaha when Ben Arfa can't even start for us, rather look elsewhere.

Pardew has dropped players to get them to see his way and it has worked I just do not think it will work with Hatem. I doubt very much he will react in the way Matta has for Jose or Tiote for Pards, more chance of him going off on one and wanting to leave.