NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Selling all of our youngsters sounds like a positive, forward thinking move. We'll just bring a load more through because we're famous for doing that.

All of Conor Newton, James Tavernier, Jonas Gutierrez, Mehdi Abeid, Shane Ferguson, Romain Amalfitano, Haris Vuckic and Adam Campbell are over 22 years old apart from Adam Campbell who is 19.

I wouldn't consider them to be youngsters.

They're still young enough to progress as footballers, unlike some of the dead weight in and around the first team. Luckily for them they'll be progressing somewhere else and not stagnating further here.

Shane Ferguson couldn't get in a poor Birmingham team.

Haris Vuckic doesn't get in a League 1 team.

James Tavernier has done well in a League 1 team.

Adam Campbell couldn't get a start in a Scottish Premiership team.

Jonas Gutierrez couldn't get a game for Norwich.

Romain Amalfitano was a free transfer that totally failed to pay off.

Mehdi Abeid and maybe James Tavernier are the only players worth another look. The rest will be no loss.

They're still young enough to progress as footballers, unlike some of the dead weight in and around the first team. Luckily for them they'll be progressing somewhere else and not stagnating further here.

Armstrong and the other promising young player MUST be loaned out (assuming another team wants them on loan) next season. I'd loan Sammy Ameobi out too. Our young players have had their progress damaged by being used as cover (but never getting a game) for the first 11.

Guest chopey

Mehdi Abeid and maybe James Tavernier are the only players worth another look. The rest will be no loss.

Alan Pardew cunt.

So Abeid, Tavernier and Newton have all done well, plus Campbell who still could be good. Add Bigi to that and it's 5 players worth a chance who we're selling because the manager somehow needs the wages off the books. Not good.

Always felt Delph has much better passing and intelligence to his play.

Villa fan mate of mine reckons he deserves more recognition, even maybe an England cap to see how he fairs.

Guest chopey

So of our squad that started this season the players that have either left or are going to consist of -

Cabaye

Remy

Shola

Krul

Debuchy

Oberton

Ben Arfa

Marvaux

Newton

Tavernier

Gutierrez

Abeid

Ferguson

Amalfitano

Vuckic

Campbell

Thats a big hole to fill with loans and free transfers

I don't doubt that there'll be a good few people who want to leave but surely even we aren't mental enough to let them all.

I've always wondered if we got good offers for say our 5 best players, would we accept them all or would we only let a couple go.

Lescott on Twitter confiming he's leaving City then. Wouldn't be surprised if we try to sign him, though a number of packets of Quavers is unlikely to be enough in terms of wages IMO.

I don't doubt that there'll be a good few people who want to leave but surely even we aren't mental enough to let them all.

Aye, happens almost every summer where its expected a great number will leave and they never actually do.

More worried about what comes in which most likely will be f*ck all than what's leaving.

Lescott on Twitter confiming he's leaving City then. Wouldn't be surprised if we try to sign him, though a number of packets of Quavers is unlikely to be enough in terms of wages IMO.

If we do you know Pardew is in charge of transfers this season

Yep - you'd imagine he'd be a target but Colo staying may put a stop to it as Lescott is also left sided CB and after decent dollar in terms of wages.

I'd have thought he would've been the number one choice for Colo's replacement if he had of gone back to Argentina.

I'd let colo go home for free if we can bring in Lescott for the same wages. I'd make him captain as well, and tbh I'm not a massive ran of Lescott but that's more to do with the level he's been billed at.

I think if we'd finished 11th, we might have kept Remy (unfinished business) but having managed 10th, what else is there for him to achieve? Can see him retiring tbh, go out on a high.