NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I used to like Bent, was very limited with his general play and the fact he couldn't pair up with anyone but if you gave him a chance he'd usually take it. Problem is we aren't the most creative team and if his recent form is anything to go by he has lost his only attribute.

We need a forward who can score goals from half chances, a Ba, a (first half a season) Cisse or a Remy. We'll be lucky to get that and with Pardew's style/tendency to not play players in their actual positions next season has disaster written all over it.

Also he has no motivation whatsoever.

We are talking about a man who has no hope playing for England again, no chance of competing for any major honours and has done nothing for an entire season.

I can't see how this would be anything more than a last pay day for him and a total disaster for us.

If villa wanted to give him away for nothing, and bent himself was ready to be paid Shola wages, then I wouldn't be against it. But even with that said you'd hope for much much better and a future, which he hasn't got.

Can't see it meself like,its totally against chubsters age transfer policy but then again so was loan signings.

I don't think the transfer policy has anything against players over 30, it's more about value for money.  If we could get Bent for a low enough price and if he accepted vastly reduced wages then he might be considered value for money.  He's not going to have any resale value but I'm not sure that necessarily matters.

Can't see it meself like,its totally against chubsters age transfer policy but then again so was loan signings.

I don't think the transfer policy has anything against players over 30, it's more about value for money.  If we could get Bent for a low enough price and if he accepted vastly reduced wages then he might be considered value for money.  He's not going to have any resale value but I'm not sure that necessarily matters.

Agreed, we still need players and although it would be nice (for the board) for them to have potential resale profit those types normally cost a fair amount in the first place.

If Bent was very cheap and willing to accept reasonable wages I have no doubt they would consider it.

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't bent just be another Cisse though, incompatible in playing in a partnership with others and does fuck all apart from try and score goals?

Also he has no motivation whatsoever.

We are talking about a man who has no hope playing for England again, no chance of competing for any major honours and has done nothing for an entire season.

I can't see how this would be anything more than a last pay day for him and a total disaster for us.

perfectly suited to us then

If villa wanted to give him away for nothing, and bent himself was ready to be paid Shola wages, then I wouldn't be against it.

Happy to sign sub-par players as long as they're cheap?