NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, can't see him taking an alleged pay cut when he very much seemed driven by money in the summer gone.

Mis-translation on The Mag's part by the looks of things. That's definitely his salary from the direct agent quotes.

http://mercato.eurosport.fr/football/transferts/2012-2013/transferts-negociations-newcastle-gomis_sto4015866/story.shtml

"We're discussing with several Premier League clubs. His annual salary is €2.5m and that's a big advantage for English clubs".

I don't like his character at all, fair comment. The only time I remember seeing him live was at Euro 2008 so yeah, can't comment too much on that.

I definitely remember €60,000 being banded about in the summer though.

Can't say I've seen that much of him but his more recent goal record has certainly been good IMO.  33 goals in 82 ligue 1 games in the last two and a bit seasons.  Hardly expensive either given his contract situation, which makes age less of a concern.

Aye, can't see him taking an alleged pay cut when he very much seemed driven by money in the summer gone.

Mis-translation on The Mag's part by the looks of things. That's definitely his salary from the direct agent quotes.

http://mercato.eurosport.fr/football/transferts/2012-2013/transferts-negociations-newcastle-gomis_sto4015866/story.shtml

"We're discussing with several Premier League clubs. His annual salary is €2.5m and that's a big advantage for English clubs".

Haven't they got that new 75% tax rate coming in over in France too? That would make it a lot easier for us to match his salary...

Sporting Lisbon sources have told Sky Sports that they have no intention of letting star players such as Adrien Silva or Diego Capel leave in January. Reports in Portugal claim Tottenham have checked on Silva, whilst Newcastle and Liverpool are both keen on Capel.

Isn't he just mad fast with not much end product? Haven't seen him play since Seville.

Capel on one wing and Obertan on the other...

Stuck in the middle with Shola?

Sounds like a plan. :lol:

Always liked the look of Capel when he played at seville, extreme speed and good technique, only possible thing missing is that hunger/bite as he never looked that interested in doing the dirty work... Might have changed since though...

Like a Aron Lennon on speed!! :frantic:

I don't like his character at all, fair comment. The only time I remember seeing him live was at Euro 2008 so yeah, can't comment too much on that.

Something I noticed, that's all. You've been bringing it up every time there is a post about him - which doesn't sound incorrect at all from all accounts.

I'd prefer someone totally different, but fully aware of our odd transfer policy/model and if that meant Gomis came in and it displaced Shola and Cisse who aren't really doing anything for us, I'd be OK with it. Not like I'd be jumping for joy, just want to sign some bloody players who can help our attack.

Something I noticed, that's all. You've been bringing it up every time there is a post about him - which doesn't sound incorrect at all from all accounts.

I'd prefer someone totally different, but fully aware of our odd transfer policy/model and if that meant Gomis came in and it displaced Shola and Cisse who aren't really doing anything for us, I'd be OK with it. Not like I'd be jumping for joy, just want to sign some bloody players who can help our attack.

Gomis > Shola any day of any year like.

Just be nice to see being a bit more creative in the transfer market. If he does move, I hope the £4-5m saved is worth having thrown half a season away for. (and sadly we all know the answer to that)

Gomis > Shola any day of any year like.

Just be nice to see being a bit more creative in the transfer market. If he does move, I hope the £4-5m saved is worth having thrown half a season away for. (and sadly we all know the answer to that)

Really?? 2 points off 4th and above Spurs who spent £90 Million, thrown away ?? (I accept the perception when we spent nowt was that we'd thrown it away, but results and the league table would suggest otherwise).

I honestly don't have any expectations that we'll sign any players =/ Buf if we do we must go for quality rather than quantity.

I'd rather sign one really good player than 2-3 for the sake of it.

My priority

1: Striker

2: CB

3: Winger