NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like the look of Finnbogason, hope we get him.

Can he play the Shola role :lol: ?

Honestly that's all i want from a striker, someone who can hold the ball up and bring others into play.... well that and actually score goals and not collapse after an hour every game.

From the 2min video I've seen: Loves a ball over the top, precise hoof all not outright willo hoof so will struggle in this setup.

Got a great touch on him, can't teach that and is very much transferable league to league IMO.

2/10 wnh.

Goals are nice but as always with Eredivisie strikers i'm more interested in their all round play than i am their goal return such as the sub standard level of the league.

Don't know anything about the lad but hope he can hold the ball up and score goals  :laugh:

Anal:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastles-alfred-finnbogason-transfer-chase-2869692

I am very suspicious about scoring machines like him from the Eredevise.the guy has scored 14 goals in 11 matches  :lol: thats ridicules!

Who was that lad from Eredevise who was baging them then a few years back , then Boro paid 12 million for him...Turned out to be a flop.

Anal:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastles-alfred-finnbogason-transfer-chase-2869692

I am very suspicious about scoring machines like him from the Eredevise.the guy has scored 14 goals in 11 matches  :lol: thats ridicules!

Who was that lad from Eredevise who was baging them then a few years back , then Boro paid 12 million for him...Turned out to be a flop.

Afonso Alves.

Anal:

Afonso Alves.

Thats the fucker.  :lol:

Kezman also scored loads for PSV and was a flop at Chelsea.Luuk De Jong is another name.

This league is Heaven for strikers and their agents

A certain trio called Van Persie, Suarez and Van Nistelrooy also came from Eredivisie.

Yes there is some crap players who shine there but there's also some great players too.... which is why scouting is important finding out what strengths and weaknesses they have instead of just looking at the stat sheet.

Kezman also scored loads for PSV and was a flop at Chelsea.Luuk De Jong is another name.

A certain trio called Van Persie, Suarez and Van Nistelrooy also came from Eredivisie.

Yes there is some crap players who shine there but there's also some great players too.... which is why scouting is important finding out what strengths and weaknesses they have instead of just looking at the stat sheet.

:thup:

not to sure about Alfreð, would prefer on Kolbeinn from ajax if we are gonna take a icelandic striker from the dutch league i think he has more to his game than Alfreð

Would rather have De Boer!

Guest Cletus Van Damme

You can add Ronaldo to that trio too!

He played in the PL? Otherwise you have to add Romario as well ;)

Guest frazernufc

He played in the PL? Otherwise you have to add Romario as well ;)

Might aswell add Ibra aswell.

Looking at the video on the Mirror link, from the goals hes scored he finds himself space behind the defence dont know how well he'd cope with Prem defenders though. If hes good with the ball at his feet, in the air, comes short and isnt all about playing on the defenders shoulder i'd take him over Shola.

not to sure about Alfreð, would prefer on Kolbeinn from ajax if we are gonna take a icelandic striker from the dutch league i think he has more to his game than Alfreð

Would rather have De Boer!

We dug the hole last year.