NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's always a chance that MYM will come good as a centre back, in the same way that Colo recovered from a bad first season in English football. But Colo's learning curve played some part in our relegation, and I don't think we can afford to wait for MYM to come good.

He's never looked particularly confident or imposing, which obviously is vital in a CB. Time to cut our losses.

I'm sure he'd come good. He has already shown promise there before he was dropped when Colo was back, unfair like! The cunt in charge refuses to play him.

Would like to see a big commanding CB come in to partner him, would be class. I rate Colo as well but against "some" teams we need more power back there.

Personally I can't understand how anyone would be anything other than bloody outraged if we sold Yanga-Mbiwa. It would be infuriating in so many ways, not least because he's a good player.

Aye, it's criminal. Feels like he has wasted way too much time coming here :(

We need 2 strikers, a left and rightback and a CB and another wingforward maybe. that's 5/6 players on top of Cabella. Like f*** it'll happen like, but it should!!

I dont agree on the left back, but we definately need 2 strikers, a right back, a CB and someone like Payet.

Don't think Santon or Haidara are good enough. Haidara has potential though. Good backup players.

I agree, but its not a priority position.

This is true :)

It would make me think of the fucking trollops at CB that we've given much more time to down the years (some of whom actually in MYM's place). I'm talking the likes of, yes, Taylor and Williamson, but also going further back than that - from the depressing list of people like Bramble, Ramage, Cacapa, Rozehnal - wank defenders that have conned wages and appearances out of us. Mapou was a rare signing in the sense that he came with pedigree, potential and genuine talent... to be shipped out 18 months in? Give me strength. I'd say he's more worthy of a place at the club than Colo now as well, tbh.

Aye Pompey. Obviously, Cacapa didn't play much for us, ultimately, but when you think of the multitude of shit CBs we've had down the years, it would be so galling to lose one who might actually be class.

I suspect that MYM wants to go, which of course is another consideration.

Well that just sums it up, doesn't it? The club has every capability of being a shit-ton better than it is, but it consciously isn't. The likes of him, Debuchy and Yanga-Mbiwa might not be gagging to leave if we didn't have a terrible manager working under the instruction of withholding the club's potential.

Think it's a bit naive to think Debuchy & Mbiwa came for any other reason than to use us as a stepping stone tbf. It's worked for Cabaye & Debuchy, but let's face it, even if things had went well the last 18 months he'd have been thinking of a move to Arsenal/Man Utd/Monaco or whoever in the same way this summer.

I still think, amidst the post-Fergie league shake up, the club has had the infrastructure and context surrounding it to build something that would make these players want to stay and fight for something. For more than a season or two, anyway.

Another inevitability. What a waste not letting him fulfill his potential here and cutting him off. Hope he does well to prove what a huge mistake we've made.

Guest bimpy474

Three CB's left. two who are far from good enough and Colo who is in decline, utter fucking joke.

He's a poor athlete getting worse by the week up against super athletes. Not to mention his horrible deficiencies as a captain. Time for MYM to be thrown in with a real solid leader

I'm looking forward to Colo showing up idiots like you next season

All the signings in the world are f*cking pointless when we keep selling our best players and keeping the garbage.

MYM and Williamson was by far our best partnership last year, but instead of keeping them together Pardew splits them the first chance he gets.

Just f*ck off, no point caring about signings when the defense will continue to be utterly garbage.

All the signings in the world are f*cking pointless when we keep selling our best players and keeping the garbage.

MYM and Williamson was by far our best partnership last year, but instead of keeping them together Pardew splits them the first chance he gets.

Just f*ck off, no point caring about signings when the defense will continue to be utterly garbage.

Isn't it 127 goals conceded in 2 seasons with mullerings galore. Hope they have a CB lined up but I guess we can only choose those that are either free or are in the last year of their contract.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  · 6 mins 

#nufc working hard on three deals at the moment. Cabella from Montpellier could be tied up today and announced later or tomorrow.

Cabella, Janmaat and Riviere maybe?

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  · 6 mins 

#nufc working hard on three deals at the moment. Cabella from Montpellier could be tied up today and announced later or tomorrow.

Cabella, Janmaat and Riviere maybe?

Cabella and selling Debuchy and MYM more like.