NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd have Colo and Willo any day over Taylor and Willo, if MYM is getting peddled. The latter of them two partnerships would be disastrous. At least Colo can give the defence a semblance of organisation.

Coloccini is virtually finished like IMO. That back injury he had has f***ed him, always seems to be picking up niggly injuries these days too.

A competent manager would've given MYM a run in all those pointless games at the end of last season at CB to get him assimilated and ready for this season but alas the dickhead in charge was too busy concentrating on giving shitcunts like Gosling and Shola games even though they were being binned off.

I don't think he's finished but I agree with salient point that anyone with half a brain would have been transitioning MYM into the team alongside a grafter like Willo. But the King wouldn't do it, and now we are in dangerous territory

Hasn't shown his best form for 2 years.

He isn't getting any younger either to be fair, don't see him reaching those heights again.

He's not the player he was for sure but I think finished is too strong. He's still a good CB

But good enough?

You know how many goals we've shipped these last two years and how many he's been responsible for.

I think he's good enough for us, yes. I'd prefer MYM to be in the team but at the end of the day we've got pardew and that's the caveat to anything. He's declined, undoubtedly, but I still rate him

Almost forgot my own personal rule which is to not judge players whilst Pardew is in charge.

Thanks for reminding me mate.

MYB is obviously talented, but he just doesn't convince at CB for some reason. I won't be disappointed should he leave to be honest.

That reason may well bee because he hasn't been given a decent crack of the whip.  He's been in and out of the team and in different positions.  The dropped behind some fucking terrible CB's. 

Coloccini is virtually finished like IMO. That back injury he had has f***ed him, always seems to be picking up niggly injuries these days too.

A competent manager would've given MYM a run in all those pointless games at the end of last season at CB to get him assimilated and ready for this season but alas the dickhead in charge was too busy concentrating on giving shitcunts like Gosling and Shola games even though they were being binned off.

I don't think he's finished but I agree with salient point that anyone with half a brain would have been transitioning MYM into the team alongside a grafter like Willo. But the King wouldn't do it, and now we are in dangerous territory

He isn't getting any younger either to be fair, don't see him reaching those heights again.

He's not the player he was for sure but I think finished is too strong. He's still a good CB

But good enough?

You know how many goals we've shipped these last two years and how many he's been responsible for.

I think he's good enough for us, yes. I'd prefer MYM to be in the team but at the end of the day we've got pardew and that's the caveat to anything. He's declined, undoubtedly, but I still rate him

Almost forgot my own personal rule which is to not judge players whilst Pardew is in charge.

:lol:  thing is we don't have anyone to replace him. I want to see MYM it f***s me off that we won't

As I said earlier mate unless we reduce what we are asking for him and he reduced his wages he won't be going back to France.

I think Yanga stays for another season personally

But good enough?

:lol:  thing is we don't have anyone to replace him. I want to see MYM it f***s me off that we won't

As I said earlier mate unless we reduce what we are asking for him and he reduced his wages he won't be going back to France.

I think Yanga stays for another season personally

Yeah I agree tbh. They want to get rid but I don't think they'll be able to. colo will get injured at some point so I guess we will see MYM a bit this season

He will be fourth choice which is a joke in itself.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's reasoning that MYM is weak in the air is such cack when you watch Colo, and especially Williamson who is weaker than pissing into the wind at times. Pardew judges the  flaws players have who he doesn't want yet ignores the same flaws in players who are more often than not worse players.

Beggars belief he gets away with it all the time.

Pardew's reasoning that MYM is weak in the air is such cack when you watch Colo, and especially Williamson who is weaker than pissing into the wind at times. Pardew judges the  flaws players have who he doesn't want yet ignores the same flaws in players who are more often than not worse players.

MYM and Colo are not bad in the air, but they are obviously going to need a commanding centre back alongside them to do that while they deal with the threat on the deck. The problem is, we don't really have a commanding centre back. Willo's probably the best in the air, but not really dominant, and Taylor's neither this nor that.

Guest bimpy474

MYM and Colo are not bad in the air, but they are obviously going to need a commanding centre back alongside them to do that while they deal with the threat on the deck. The problem is, we don't really have a commanding centre back. Willo's probably the best in the air, but not really dominant, and Taylor's neither this nor that.

Aye but Pardew's reasoning is MYM is vunerable in the air, when Colo, Saylor and Willo are no better than him and sometimes worse. It's just piss poor excuses so Pardew can pick his favourites.

Give over, man. :lol:

Moussa Sissoko marks the opposition's main striker instead of them. He can't head for shit.

Give over, man. :lol:

Moussa Sissoko marks the opposition's main striker instead of them. He can't head for shit.

The games I watch Colo amd MYM end up going up for far too many headers, especially from the opposition goalkeeper's punt upfield. They win a surprising amount of them, but if it was me I wouldn't assign them that responsibility.

MYB is obviously talented, but he just doesn't convince at CB for some reason. I won't be disappointed should he leave to be honest.

Same, he's either just not got it or can't cope with this league. I think it's a bit of both. Either way selling him won't be such a loss but we do need him replaced. I'd rather Colo went, mind and we buy someone like Shawcross, it's a shame he's still here, him and Jonas should be let go ASAP.

They talk like 20 million is some sort of massive figure when in reality it means we are spending the Cabaye Transfer money and nothing more.

Let's spend some of the last seasons TV money this seasons TV money and the Debuchy money and call it even eh?

We need 2 strikers, a left and rightback and a CB and another wingforward maybe. that's 5/6 players on top of Cabella. Like f*** it'll happen like, but it should!!

I dont agree on the left back, but we definately need 2 strikers, a right back, a CB and someone like Payet.

There's always a chance that MYM will come good as a centre back, in the same way that Colo recovered from a bad first season in English football. But Colo's learning curve played some part in our relegation, and I don't think we can afford to wait for MYM to come good.

He's never looked particularly confident or imposing, which obviously is vital in a CB. Time to cut our losses.

We need 2 strikers, a left and rightback and a CB and another wingforward maybe. that's 5/6 players on top of Cabella. Like f*** it'll happen like, but it should!!

I dont agree on the left back, but we definately need 2 strikers, a right back, a CB and someone like Payet.

Don't think Santon or Haidara are good enough. Haidara has potential though. Good backup players.

Personally I can't understand how anyone would be anything other than bloody outraged if we sold Yanga-Mbiwa. It would be infuriating in so many ways, not least because he's a good player.

Don't think Santon or Haidara are good enough. Haidara has potential though. Good backup players.

I agree, but its not a priority position.

There's always a chance that MYM will come good as a centre back, in the same way that Colo recovered from a bad first season in English football. But Colo's learning curve played some part in our relegation, and I don't think we can afford to wait for MYM to come good.

He's never looked particularly confident or imposing, which obviously is vital in a CB. Time to cut our losses.

MYM didn't have a bad season.  When he was paired with Willo while Colo was injured he looked fucking good.  His reward for that was getting dropped and played at right back.