NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last three seasons (Premier League only):

2011-2012 - 30 Games - 9 Goals

2012-2013 - 27 Games - 1 Goal

2013-2014 - 25 Games - 9 Goals

Seems to have had a strange season in 2012-2013 but other than that a good return, also doesn't usually play as an out and out striker does he?

So he's a one in four striker who doesn't create a great deal and this is playing for Manchester United  :lol:

We've already bought this sort of striker and his name is Riviere.

Struggle to see what he'd add that we don't have already in Riviere, Perez, Gouffran, Cisse and Ferreyra.

As Ron says, we need a proven goalscorer. One who wont give the ball away in his first three touches would be preferable.

We really missed the boat on being back in for Demba.

More like 1 in 3 really, with a shit season in between, and I doubt he even played most of those games as a striker.  Is he what we need?, maybe not and certainly not for £15m.  But I wouldn't say he's not a goal scorer.

More like 1 in 3 really, with a s*** season in between, and I doubt he even played most of those games as a striker.  Is he what we need?, maybe not and certainly not for £15m.  But I wouldn't say he's not a goal scorer.

So we are discounting shit seasons now?

Ok so let's call Torres and Cisse 1 in 2 strikers then  :lol:

I can see a deadline day (rejected) loan bid for Remy rejected and that'll be our 'activity'.

Doubt we'd even see that. The Forest double deal was probably the last of our transfer activity.

More like 1 in 3 really, with a s*** season in between, and I doubt he even played most of those games as a striker.  Is he what we need?, maybe not and certainly not for £15m.  But I wouldn't say he's not a goal scorer.

So we are discounting shit seasons now?

Ok so let's call Torres and Cisse 1 in 2 strikers then  :lol:

Torres last few seasons are all very consistent, around 1 in 5 every time.  Wellbeck on the other hand got 1 in 3, followed by 1 in 27 and then 1 in 2.7.  Hardly something that's likely to be a trend.

1 in 4, 1 in 3, whatever, I think he's a goal scorer but not the type Pardew could make use of.

He's not a striker, just look at how he plays. It's unfair to judge him on his goal return when he's not picked for the primary source of goals.

He's a support player as I said. He links up play well, works hard and makes things happen for those around him. His goal record says enough but if it didn't just look at his best performances.

All of them have come either behind the striker or on the wing, he's not the answer to our goal problems but I'd take him instead of Gouffran all day long.

I can see a deadline day (rejected) loan bid for Remy rejected and that'll be our 'activity'.

Doubt we'd even see that. The Forest double deal was probably the last of our transfer activity.

I reckon if Remy is still at QPR we'll make a cheeky crap offer. One where we know it'll probably not get him but of they did accept, great, if not, they wouldn't care.

I think our business is done for this year to be honest.

Ashley now has a squad which won't get relegated and and don't reach Europe this has been the Perfect window for him

pardew is capable of taking this current squad close to relegation imho, especially if he gets injuries to colo & willo

Ashley now has a squad which won't get relegated and and don't reach Europe this has been the Perfect window for him

pardew is capable of taking this current squad close to relegation imho, especially if he gets injuries to colo & willo

Nah, we wont be anywhere near relegation.

Even with a couple of injuries.

Only cos it's Pards lol.

A decent manager would have us safe by February regardless

I reckon if Remy is still at QPR we'll make a cheeky crap offer.

It's very odd that our valuations seem so static and immune to change from things like time, necessity and availability.

He's not a striker, just look at how he plays. It's unfair to judge him on his goal return when he's not picked for the primary source of goals.

He's a support player as I said. He links up play well, works hard and makes things happen for those around him. His goal record says enough but if it didn't just look at his best performances.

All of them have come either behind the striker or on the wing, he's not the answer to our goal problems but I'd take him instead of Gouffran all day long.

You say that, but he'd just make Welbeck look exactly like Gouffran does.

Gouffran was a front man, that scored 1 in 2 in France his last couple of seasons. Now look at the state of him.

Welbeck is a good, hard working guy, who will also end up doing everything that joker says, so he will end up playing support right/left back also.

Alright, say he's not an out and out striker.  His assist record isn't good either.  He got a total of 9 assists in those 3 seasons (4/1/4).

So he doesn't score many, he doesn't create many.  He doesn't sound like what we need.

Alright, say he's not an out and out striker.  His assist record isn't good either.  He got a total of 9 assists in those 3 seasons (4/1/4).

So he doesn't score many, he doesn't create many.  He doesn't sound like what we need.

I agree tbh, dont rate Welbeck.

People pitch a fit at Sissoko 'control'. They'd love Welbeck. Moussa and him can have a running competition to see who loses the ball under their own feet more often.

Tbh tho, we are welbecks level and he is ours. Its not the worst link I've heard.