NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Newcastle would be reluctant to get into a bidding war but Van Dijk is precisely the kind of young, emerging talent Pardew wants."

And when Pardew wants young emerging talent, which he loves more than anyone (Darren Bent), bidding wars can be excused.

Get French Football News can exclusively confirm that Marseille have offered attacking midfielder Andre Ayew to Newcastle United in the last week.

Get French Football News cannot confirm the outcome of this offering at the time of writing.

These reports come in conjunction with Marseille President Vincent Labrune’s current visit to London where he is believed to be offering the Ghanaian international to a number of clubs in the capital according to L’Equipe.

The next ten days will certainly be busy for Marseille.

Get French Football News can exclusively confirm that Marseille have offered attacking midfielder Andre Ayew to Newcastle United in the last week.

Get French Football News cannot confirm the outcome of this offering at the time of writing.

These reports come in conjunction with Marseille President Vincent Labrune’s current visit to London where he is believed to be offering the Ghanaian international to a number of clubs in the capital according to L’Equipe.

The next ten days will certainly be busy for Marseille.

Decent player but need a goalscorer imo.

The pervasive myth that Pardew is the one signing and selling players is driving me crazy.

Aye, that along with the myth that Mike Ashley has dipped into his own pocket to fund the transfers as well.

Tiote is probably being sold to cover the 'overspend' on the two kids from Forest tbh.

It's sad when we're rooting for the club to sell a decent player in Tiote just so the manager will have no choice but to play Anita. :lol:

Tiote, like so many others in our squad, would look much better under a manger who isn't an utter fucking aidsmachine.

:lol:

If we sell Tiote it will be to balance the books IMO, I doubt we'll be doing any more spending. We've spent £37m and pulled back £30m through the sales of Debuchy and Cabaye, so selling Tiote would suit the NUFC bean counters nicely.

If we sell Tiote it will be to balance the books IMO, I doubt we'll be doing any more spending. We've spent £37m and pulled back £30m through the sales of Debuchy and Cabaye, so selling Tiote would suit the NUFC bean counters nicely.

So just a 70 million profit this year then :-)

You know how it works. Players wages, ground repairs, staff costs, blah blah blah. Of course we're making a massive profit, whether it's £70m or £60m I have no idea. But that is how we've worked for the past few seasons, if we were about to change it don't you think we'd have spent £20m on a striker rather than sign an Argie on loan who doesn't show enough in training to even make the bench? Or would we really need to sell MYM before buying the CB we have clearly identified as a key purchase previously?

It will be interesting to see how much profit we make in the accounts as so far we have only spent the money brought in with sales and although there may be an increase in wages, surely most of that will have been covered by the wages of Cabaye, Debuchy, Shola and Gosling.  Of all the new arrivals, I would have thought that only De Jong and Cabella will be on relatively big wages.  If we don't bring in anyone else, surely we will be making a massive profit and if that is not the case, then something is not right as the club is run on a shoestring as it is.

It will be interesting to see how much profit we make in the accounts as so far we have only spent the money brought in with sales and although there may be an increase in wages, surely most of that will have been covered by the wages of Cabaye, Debuchy, Shola and Gosling.  Of all the new arrivals, I would have thought that only De Jong and Cabella will be on relatively big wages.  If we don't bring in anyone else, surely we will be making a massive profit and if that is not the case, then something is not right as the club is run on a shoestring as it is.

If nothing changed from right now we'd probably be making a profit of somewhere between £30m-£40m.  Depending on exactly what date the accounts cover (which I can't remember exactly).

If nothing changed from right now we'd probably be making a profit of somewhere between £30m-£40m.  Depending on exactly what date the accounts cover (which I can't remember exactly).

Spending money on players doesn't affect profits, selling players does however and wages+depreciations. 

Players are thought of as assets in football club accounts.  They are bought in as assets and their value is depreciated evenly throughout their contract.

Tiote i.e. was bought for 3,5m pounds and lets assume the agent fees were about 0,5m. So 4m in total.

Don't remember how his original contract was but lets say 4 year.

Tiote would then be 4m in the books when he was bought as an asset and 4m out in money so the books are the same.

Each year he would then get depreciated 1m.  That would make him fully depreciated this year and his value in the books would be 0.

So any amount we would get for him would go in as a profit since his value is 0.

This is of course simplified a bit.  An accountant could explain it better.

Spending money on players doesn't affect profits, selling players does however and wages+depreciations. 

Players are thought of as assets in football club accounts.  They are bought in as assets and their value is depreciated evenly throughout their contract.

Tiote i.e. was bought for 3,5m pounds and lets assume the agent fees were about 0,5m. So 4m in total.

Don't remember how his original contract was but lets say 4 year.

Tiote would then be 4m in the books when he was bought as an asset and 4m out in money so the books are the same.

Each year he would then get depreciated 1m.  That would make him fully depreciated this year and his value in the books would be 0.

So any amount we would get for him would go in as a profit since his value is 0.

This is of course simplified a bit.  An accountant could explain it better.

It doesn't affect accounting profits no, but it will affect our real world profit/loss (as in total incomings vs total outgoings), especially since we pay for players all up front.  I've no idea what the accounting profit will be but I think what people are talking about is the real money we'll have left in the bank rather than a accounting number (of course even then it was a wild guess on my part).

You know how it works. Players wages, ground repairs, staff costs, blah blah blah. Of course we're making a massive profit, whether it's £70m or £60m I have no idea. But that is how we've worked for the past few seasons, if we were about to change it don't you think we'd have spent £20m on a striker rather than sign an Argie on loan who doesn't show enough in training to even make the bench? Or would we really need to sell MYM before buying the CB we have clearly identified as a key purchase previously?

You're right and it's really a total slap in the face but you still have the usual muppets going on about how we need to make sure the club is operated correctly whilst the fat c*** banks all the profits without making one effort about progressing the club.

Cuntryder

Marseille winger Andre Ayew linked with Newcastle United again but Magpies have oversubscribed with wingers

Only one we have who's good enough is Cabella and HBA who probably wont play for us again.