NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who was the  last senior player we signed on deadline day?

Leon Best?

Was Stephen Ireland a deadline day signing?

Best was Winter window - if we're counting just Summer then I'm working on it. Sibierski might not be far off...

Unless we get an experienced striker in with a good goalscoring record and who will get to play regularly, I don't see the point of signing/loaning anyone as we do actually have enough strikers.  The trouble is they are either too young (Armstrong, Perez) or need to adapt to the Premier League (Riviere, Chucky) and then there is Gouffran who was signed as a striker but has never played for us in that position.

We needed players in last January and now we have a situation where we have several players in key positions all having to get used to this league at the same time and the club should have realised that this would be a problem having signed the 5 French players in one window who all needed time to adjust.  It would have been better to bring in a couple then to get them integrated before the other signings in the Summer.  Riviere might prove to be an excellent player for us but he has been thrown in at the deep end as the lone striker with no support.

No-one in. A couple out. We are here every window, every final day is exactly the same. Doesn't matter how much we know, it's still a day of crushing disappointment.

I think either the fact that we get someone in who is utterly s***, or no-one at all is probably going to have be better long-term result for those of us that want a club to support again.

yeah its a tough one, can also see us getting no one or even getting someone good but still playing terribly. Other than being bottom two or three in December I just can't see the king being usurped by Ashley.

hard to work out what to cheer for , if we are in the position of Pardew getting sacked we will likely already be doomed to relegation already. Don't see any other way of shaking the charlatan though.

Even if it's a loan striker, it's still gonna be another player we'll either give back coz he's s**** or not pay up if he somehow does ok. And thats even if he plays, this other one we got hasn't had a sniff so far.

I'd rather we cough up serious money for someone class or don't bring anyone at all, leaving Pardew fully exposed for the absolute codswallop manager he is.

Defoe :anguish:

Defoe, for the most part, has not disappointed. A gifted striker, he leads TFC in scoring with 11 goals but has been sidelined off and on all season with a nagging injury. He is currently out with a groin injury — team officials said last week he might be unable to play until the end of September — but that isn’t expected to have an impact on any move.
:anguish:

Graham Courtney on TS reckons we'll still get Lacazette even though Lyon are saying he's not for sale... Every time I listen to this bloke he comes out with out of touch drivel so I suspect this is the final nail in the coffin for that deal... :lol:

Graham Courtney on TS reckons we'll still get Lacazette even though Lyon are saying he's not for sale... Every time I listen to this bloke he comes out with out of touch drivel so I suspect this is the final nail in the coffin for that deal... :lol:

The worst football correspondent on the plant.