NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You can't want strength in depth and then worry about the wage bill, Jonas should be kept until the summer, Marv will go in January. I think. He has not settled here and is a clever little player who deserves to be playing, so back to France for him

You fucking whaaa? :lol:

:lol: yeah ok maybe Obertan and Marv are not in that but Jonas is. You want to protect a narrow lead Jonas is a good shout to throw on.

If we intend to keep buying foreigners then we'll have to start offloading some of the useless ones otherwise we won't be able to register them all.

We should look to shed people like Obertan, Marv and Jonas as said. Would like to see us bring a couple british players in just for balance really. I don't like the 10 non-british players in a team stuff.

If we intend to keep buying foreigners then we'll have to start offloading some of the useless ones otherwise we won't be able to register them all.

We should look to shed people like Obertan, Marv and Jonas as said. Would like to see us bring a couple british players in just for balance really. I don't like the 10 non-british players in a team stuff.

Yeah, as Disco said though, who's going to take them off our hands on their wages? They'll end up being loaned out until their contracts are up similar to Xisco, or we'll end up paying some of their wages if they leave anyway.

Yeah, as Disco said though, who's going to take them off our hands on their wages? They'll end up being loaned out until their contracts are up similar to Xisco, or we'll end up paying some of their wages if they leave anyway.

I guess Obertan still has "Man Utd/Fergie so much be alreet" to the untrained eye and Marveux is very much a YouTube player. Jonas...naaaaah.

I guess Obertan still has "Man Utd/Fergie so much be alreet" to the untrained eye and Marveux is very much a YouTube player. Jonas...naaaaah.

I don't think Marv is tbh.

Our whole side struggled last year and many players who were bad mouthed have shown good form this season Marv just hasn't had the chance to do so.

Guest bimpy474

Marveaux is quality and will prove it somewhere else in the right setup.

Aye, injuries and a manager who doesn't fancy him has made his move here not work out, talented player imo.

Guest bimpy474

Eh, he has some quality but he's fragile and is completely anonymous sometimes. I like him, but there are some seriously inflated opinions of him on here.

Played mostly last season when the team was shit, now he could have done better himself tbf. But what if had chances this term, we would have seen a better player than we've seen imo.

Our whole side struggled last year and many players who were bad mouthed have shown good form this season Marv just hasn't had the chance to do so.

I mean he provides the odd highlight which looks good but for the most part lets the game pass him by.

I mean he provides the odd highlight which looks good but for the most part lets the game pass him by.

I see your point mate but personally until I see more of him in a side which is functioning I'll reserve judgement.

Guest bimpy474

If Marveaux is as good as some people think he is, I expect an avalanche of offers for him in January. Other clubs scouts will know of his qualities and will be rushing to put an offer in for him.

Not sure the clubs who will want him (French clubs imo) will be able to match the wages he'll be on, be interesting to see if he himself will compromise on that front. If he doesn't he'll be stuck here not playing.

I often hear that view but think it's a bit harsh considering the lack of minutes he's had on the pitch.  Most players had shockers last year, he must have had more of an effect on games than most per minute he was actually playing.  God knows why he hasn't featured this season mind, it's clearly over for him here.

Eh, he has some quality but he's fragile and is completely anonymous sometimes. I like him, but there are some seriously inflated opinions of him on here.

Has very good chance creation and assist stats given his limited playing time. Not a grafter though so won't find himself in a Pardew team anytime soon.

I know some of the squad players are nowhere near the first team at the moment. But I worry when we eventually get injuries if we would regret letting too many go.

Plus if we continue the way we're going and qualify for the Europa League next year we're just going to need to buy more squad players anyway.

Marveaux is more versatile than either of them. To be fair he's been unlucky that Gouffran, Ben Arfa, and Remy have been performing well. I'd rather keep him if he's happy to wait for his chance and fight for his place. The other two I'd be happy if they never play for us again. Jonas has been a great servant to the club but he has no end product and is losing pace. Obertang needs to take legal action against whoever told him those slanderous lies about him being a footballer.

Marveaux is more versatile than either of them. To be fair he's been unlucky that Gouffran, Ben Arfa, and Remy have been performing well. I'd rather keep him if he's happy to wait for his chance and fight for his place. The other two I'd be happy if they never play for us again. Jonas has been a great servant to the club but he has no end product and is losing pace. Obertang needs to take legal action against whoever told him those slanderous lies about him being a footballer.

Any reason why Gouffran has adjusted better than Marveuax? Simple - better attitude.

I'm not saying Marveuax is some sort of trouble maker, because clearly there's no evidence of that, it's just that Gouffran has more desire to succeed here. Marveuax lacks desires and it's so obvious in the way he plays. Unfortunately for us and for him, he's not that good to be able to make it with that attitude.

In what set up is Marveaux going to work well in? If he went to Swansea, he'd have to work hard as they look to press to get the ball back, same if he went to Southampton etc. You need to be more than just a good technical player in this league, it's a daft criticism of Pardew that he wants players to work.

I like him but he lets things pass him by too much.

I don't think Marveaux is that versatile, he needs protecting by two other midfielders and play centrally to allow him to create. He's poor on the wings or with any defensive responsibility. I don't think we can rely on him but I think it's shocking how little he is appreciated for some assists that may have kept us up last season, playing passing footy while the rest of the team was hoofing it everywhere.