NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For me the following need to go:

Taylor - Always injured and bar the odd good game, not good enough

Williamson - all I really need to say really

Tiote - not done it for a few seasons now and a liability when in the team

Gouffran - seemed ok when he got here but played out of position for so long he seems to have regressed massively, offers nothing

Obertan - for his position (winger) he does not offer nearly enough, final ball often poor and does not score enough

Riviere - if we can get some money back for him, get it!

I would add Colo into the mix but might be worth keeping as think as backup he is worth having, certainly not as captain though

For me that highlights exactly what we need.

- Two new first team centre backs (we have to reduce the number of goals conceded, its ridiculous)

- Two players, either wingers or attacking players with pace that can get the ball in the box, not hit the byline or box and go backwards

- A midfield player who can dictate play from an attacking perspective (we have De Jong, but his injury issues make him a risk to rely on).  Someone who can hit decent set plays!

- A decent holding player to free Sissoko up more (keep Colback/Anita as utility/cover players)

- 15 - 20 goal a season striker who can really put pressure on defenders - our current crop all like to play off the defenders and are not that good at it (Perez aside maybe).  We need to pressure in the box.

For me that is 7 first team players that have to come in, all I would like to see with more pace and strength. Think we need to see an additional 2-3 genuine development players added to that (Striker, CB and Mid).  We then have reasonable cover and a much stronger first team. 

Clearly a sizeable investment required there although I suspect we could probably get c.10-15M for the players that need to go.  We have the £34M, this seasons TV money profit (yet to be reported) and clearly a bigger windfall to come so no reason why we cannot net spend £50-60M IMO. Spent correctly with a decent manager and that should see us competing for 8th (possibly higher).

Not sure why I wrote all that as its never going to happen mind!

:cheesy:

I was 6"2 at 16. Still 6"2. :okay:

Dropping a :okay: like that's some shit. Motherfucker I've been 5'7" since I was 14 years old. :lol:

Had you down as a solid 6'2" in my head.

Ruined. What the hell am I gonna jerk off to now? Fuck sake.

I was 6"2 at 16. Still 6"2. :okay:

Dropping a :okay: like that's some shit. Motherfucker I've been 5'7" since I was 14 years old. :lol:

Had you down as a solid 6'2" in my head.

Ruined. What the hell am I gonna jerk off to now? Fuck sake.

:lol:

Guest reefatoon

Christ, the window licker loves to throw in the random "but" in a sentence.

Matip has been linked with Liverpool and Manchester City in the past but is thought to be keen on a move to the Premier League.

That reads like Liverpool and Manchester City don't play in the premier league.

The bloke is a cunt.

Newcastle unearth teenage Geordie goalscorer and could pip La Liga clubs for his signature

Sixteen-year-old Callum Douglas set for trial at Newcastle United after tearing up goalscoring records at youth level in southern Spain

Newcastle United are set to take a closer look at a 16-year-old striker who has already caught the eye of clubs in La Liga.

The Magpies have monitored 6ft 3in forward Callum Douglas and could yet pip Valencia, Elche and neighbours Sunderland to sign the youngster.

The move is evidence that Newcastle are leaving no stone unturned in the Academy’s search for local talent – even when they have left the area.

Having moved to Spain as a youngster due to his father Ken’s business, the teenager has torn up local records in Alicante’s district leagues and played for Elche’s youth ranks, scoring over 45 times this season in all competitions.

It is now expected that Douglas will head to Tyneside for a trial this summer at Newcastle’s Academy.

The young striker started his youth career with Wallsend Boys Club as a defender, but has the benefit of working on his technique ins sunnier climes.

He then played for L’Alfàs del Pi and La Nucia, where he was converted into a striker, where he scored goals galore.

But the boyhood Newcastle fan will be looking to show what he can do this summer and earn a contract on Tyneside.

Can't find any mention of him at all in the lists of Elche's youth (or reserve team) squads.

Didn't someone else want Viduka?

:lol:

Was just thinking. Most of the players we've signed the last 2-3 years you hardly ever see heavily linked or on the verge of signing for another English club, then us beating them to the player, like we were beaten for say, Remy by QPR & Alli by Spurs.

Guest antz1uk

Depends who you can ship out as well really. We can only have 25 and we've still got the likes of Tiote and Obertan on the books, plus Darlow & Lascelles to add in.

GK: Krul, Darlow, Elliot

RB: Janmaat

LB: Dummett, Haidara,

CB: Lascelles, Williamson, Taylor, Colo

CM: Tiote, Colback, Sissoko, De Jong, Anita

Wings: Cabella, Gouffran, Obertan, Aarons, Sammy?

Forwards: Cisse, Perez, Riviere

That's 23 already and assumes Abeid is leaving. Maybe a couple less if Aarons and Lascelles qualify as being under 21 and here long enough, too lazy to check. Assuming Armstrong is one of these.

Taylor and Williamson need to be sold. Shot