NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2CB, 1LB, 1CM, 2CF and one wide forward/winger. All of them being first 11 quality. Then it would be a very good and ambitious window imo. If we don't do this it isn't good enough tbh. Preferably i'd like one of the two strikers to be a Remy type of player who can also play as a wide forward when needed, and to give us something different from a player like Austin for example in a striker position.

Need to stop dreaming...

While I agree we need to see a total defensive overhaul I doubt we'll sign a new pair of CB's. I think we'll still be lumbered with Taylor and Colo come the start of the season. Dummett and Lascelles (sp?) will be factored into those figures so I can only see 1 coming in unfortunately. It will only be 1 striker as well unless we sell someone, because 5 strikers, however crap they may be, will ruin the balance sheets.

Pace. Pace everywhere is what I want to see.

Of course we'll never spend nearly £40m on Austin and Berahino, and tbh, it would be daft as we have so many positions to fill.

Austin and Juanmi for me, then move on to centre backs.

EDIT: I'd like one more who can play on the wing though.

Austin and Berahino would be class. That's probably Cissé out the door, but with the former two plus Perez and De Jong, we shouldn't have to see too much of Riviere. Wouldn't mind another Perez type signing as well though and try and ship Riv.

Perez type signing as in the position he plays? Or just someone who's young, cheap and brilliant? :lol:

If we do sign Austin and ship out Cisse I'd like to find a backup #9 to work as Austin's understudy/competition. We need someone else who can lead the line in the event that Austin gets run over by Rikishi again.

More like what we thought Perez would be :lol: Young, cheap but who might be able to step up either now in a year.

Austin    Berahino

Ince                    De Jong                    Aarons

:cheesy: :sweetjesus: :wave: :pedro: :elvis:  :bigi: :indi:

That's 12 players, but I do think that defence looks more solid than this seasons.

So is Juanmi good, or are people just speculating that he's good?

I think he's a decent player with a good upside. He's been steadily improving these past two years and he's still quite young.

:thup:

Being linked with Quincy Promes from Spartak Moscow. Dutch winger.

Never f***ing heard of him.

NB after doing a bit of wikipedia-ring it seems he's one of McClaren's old Twente players.

Being linked with Quincy Promes from Spartak Moscow. Dutch winger.

Never f***ing heard of him.

NB after doing a bit of wikipedia-ring it seems he's one of McClaren's old Twente players.

He's been mentioned before, I think.

Tom Barclay ‏@TomBarclay_SUN 2h2 hours ago

Newcastle are keen on Bournemouth defender Steve Cook, who played every game of the Cherries' Championship-winning season #nufc #afcb

Tom Barclay ‏@TomBarclay_SUN 2h2 hours ago

Newcastle are keen on Bournemouth defender Steve Cook, who played every game of the Cherries' Championship-winning season #nufc #afcb

Buying players from promotion teams is an impossible task, unless they have a release clause.

It would be a waste of time chasing them.

bendtner linked in the danish papers. probably nothing in it.

think we will be fairly cheap though...and i know most on here do not like him - but for the right price i will take him any minute.

have to save money for central defenders which i think is the most important area for us to upgrade. we need at least 2 quality cubs imo.

bendtner linked in the danish papers. probably nothing in it.

think we will be fairly cheap though...and i know most on here do not like him - but for the right price i will take him any minute.

have to save money for central defenders which i think is the most important area for us to upgrade. we need at least 2 quality cubs imo.

Bendtner :lol: He can fuck right off.