NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm as cynical as anyone, but I don't see why they'd set themselves up for such a massive fall if they've instructed their 'media partners' to print a load of hogwash. What would they get out of it in this instance?

Wow, Mike Ashley meant every word he said and he and McClaren really are trying hard, might give them a break and buy a ticket and that tops probably not so bad, I'll have 3 of them too for me summer holidays in Benidorm.

Wow, the Mirror must be reliable for NUFC these days given they've got that deal, I'll go on their website and buy their paper.

We've got ~£40m to spend and at least £30m of it is going to go on two strikers despite us not having a single competent Premier League centre half (that's before we start talking about wide areas or central midfield)? Sounds legit.

Not saying we don't need some quality up front, I'm not daft, but if they're suddenly going to start throwing money around and dispense with the previous policy, it's going to have to be a lot given the ramshackle state they've left the squad in.

Don´t see the need for a striker or two. Maybe Austin because he has a cool name and offers something different, but get someone to create for Cisse and Perez and we will get goals. Spend some on defenders instead.

Don´t see the need for a striker or two. Maybe Austin because he has a cool name and offers something different, but get someone to create for Cisse and Perez and we will get goals. Spend some on defenders instead.

We don't have enough forwards, we need atleast two in my opinion and atleast two CB's, and another player who can cover the LB and RB positions. I'd also add another winger in that as well because we don't have anyone good enough to be starting on the opposite wing to Cabella.

Austin, Juanmi, Perez would be a good lineup. Assuming Rivière stays and I keep thinking Cisse is gone. Actually wonder how'd he look under some decent coaching again.

We don't have enough forwards, we need atleast two in my opinion and atleast two CB's, and another player who can cover the LB and RB positions. I'd also add another winger in that as well because we don't have anyone good enough to be starting on the opposite wing to Cabella.

Cabella should be nowhere near the team

Austin and Berahino would be class. That's probably Cissé out the door, but with the former two plus Perez and De Jong, we shouldn't have to see too much of Riviere. Wouldn't mind another Perez type signing as well though and try and ship Riv.

Cabella should be nowhere near the team

I agree, we should persevere with proven shite like Gouffran, Ameobi and Obertan and see where that gets us.

2CB, 1LB, 1CM, 2CF and one wide forward/winger. All of them being first 11 quality. Then it would be a very good and ambitious window imo. If we don't do this it isn't good enough tbh. Preferably i'd like one of the two strikers to be a Remy type of player who can also play as a wide forward when needed, and to give us something different from a player like Austin for example in a striker position.

Need to stop dreaming...

Trying not to get too enthused at these rumours, despite claims of 'done deal', etc.

Wait till they're holding/wearing the shirt, and all that.

Forgive my cynicism, but this is NUFC we're talking about.

Austin and Berahino would be class. That's probably Cissé out the door, but with the former two plus Perez and De Jong, we shouldn't have to see too much of Riviere. Wouldn't mind another Perez type signing as well though and try and ship Riv.

Perez type signing as in the position he plays? Or just someone who's young, cheap and brilliant? :lol:

If we do sign Austin and ship out Cisse I'd like to find a backup #9 to work as Austin's understudy/competition. We need someone else who can lead the line in the event that Austin gets run over by Rikishi again.

2CB, 1LB, 1CM, 2CF and one wide forward/winger. All of them being first 11 quality. Then it would be a very good and ambitious window imo. If we don't do this it isn't good enough tbh. Preferably i'd like one of the two strikers to be a Remy type of player who can also play as a wide forward when needed, and to give us something different from a player like Austin for example in a striker position.

Need to stop dreaming...

That's pretty much the ideal but I'd even take that list minus a LB and one of the CBs being a Lascelles type this summer if it meant we properly invested in the other areas you mention.