NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have seen him enough to know what we would be getting, nothing exciting about signing him at all but tbf you could say that about every link going.

You didn't answer my question - how many Wolfsburg fixtures did you watch last season to gain such an expert judgement on him?

The bloke started 28 games last season (across league, cup and international), scored 20 goals and got 7 assists.

Terrified of the ball he is, absolutely terrified.

Fine.

He's a penalty box striker with good general instincts but needs to be force fed. In other words his ability on the ball isn't very good at all and seeing as we don't really create much it would be De Jong mk2 ( the crap one) except i agree with Unbelievable, De Jong is a better player.

Still didn't answer my question, but okay  :laugh:

Lets hope we don't sign this bloke, because four people on an internet forum claim to have scouted him on a regular basis (with their intense and fantastic scouting record) and deem him unable to be a success for us.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Give it up man. There are at least four people (Felipao, The Prophet, Mole and me) on here who claim they have seen plenty of him (more than you no doubt) who think he has hit a purple patch and is a pretty average player, almost certainly not good enough for the top end of the Premier League, which is where we apparently aim to compete and not worth what we would likely have to pay with his stock being as high as it is ever going to be. I am yet to see anybody say they have seen him play loads and suggest the opposite. Your blind hope argument doesn't really carry much weight I'm afraid.

He scored over 40 goals in 60 appearances with Heerenveen over two seasons.

20 in 28 appearances with Wolfsburg.

Three seasons of absolute luck! What a complete terrible player he must be!

Sigh. I've never said he was a terrible player. Just not good enough for the level we are/should be aiming for, as well as not at all being the type of forward I would like Newcastle United to build their attacking play around. Not sure what is so difficult to comprehend here.

I have seen him enough to know what we would be getting, nothing exciting about signing him at all but tbf you could say that about every link going.

You didn't answer my question - how many Wolfsburg fixtures did you watch last season to gain such an expert judgement on him?

The bloke started 28 games last season (across league, cup and international), scored 20 goals and got 7 assists.

Fine.

He's a penalty box striker with good general instincts but needs to be force fed. In other words his ability on the ball isn't very good at all and seeing as we don't really create much it would be De Jong mk2 ( the crap one) except i agree with Unbelievable, De Jong is a better player.

Lets hope we don't sign this bloke, because four people on an internet forum claim to have scouted him on a regular basis (with their intense and fantastic scouting record) and deem him unable to be a success for us.

And your qualification for opining on this subject is?

Give it up man. There are at least four people (Felipao, The Prophet, Mole and me) on here who claim they have seen plenty of him (more than you no doubt) who think he has hit a purple patch and is a pretty average player, almost certainly not good enough for the top end of the Premier League, which is where we apparently aim to compete and not worth what we would likely have to pay with his stock being as high as it is ever going to be. I am yet to see anybody say they have seen him play loads and suggest the opposite. Your blind hope argument doesn't really carry much weight I'm afraid.

He scored over 40 goals in 60 appearances with Heerenveen over two seasons.

20 in 28 appearances with Wolfsburg.

Three seasons of absolute luck! What a complete terrible player he must be!

Sigh. I've never said he was a terrible player. Just not good enough for the level we are/should be aiming for, as well as not at all being the type of forward I would like Newcastle United to build their attacking play around. Not sure what is so difficult to comprehend here.

It must be utterly terrible to build your attacking play around a striker who scores goals.

We'd be better finding a player who links up the play, runs around, passes and moves and scores 0 goals a season.

Not good enough for the level we are?  :lol: :lol: :lol: He plays for Wolfsburg, a Champions League team who most recently won a trophy.

He'll be joining a team who survived relegation by the skin of their teeth.

We're not going to sign Messi or Ronaldo this year I'm afraid.

Fine.

I've not said he's good nor bad, I've just criticised others who have slated a man who they've barely seen kick a ball.

I've simply stated to give the bloke a chance (should he sign).

Fine.

I've not said he's good nor bad, I've just criticised others who have slated a man who they've barely seen kick a ball.

True, summer is the real test imo.

Fine.

Wolfsburg were on TV absolutely loads last season, BT have pretty comprehensive Bundesliga andEuropa League coverage. Not exactly far fetched to suggest people have seen him play

First and foremost I'm discounting his record in the Eredivisie because you could probably train a spider monkey to score twenty a season in in that League.

What I've seen for Wolfsburg is a clumsy, cumbersome target man that got injured, looked poor, went bezerk for a handful of games, then resorted back to playing like a bull in a China shop. He'd probably score goals for a direct team that bang the ball into the eighteen yard area at every opportunity, but Dost serviced by Gouffran, Ameobi and Obertan sounds hideous.

Fine.

Except we have seen him kick a ball unlike you. You're beyond help.

Fine.

:lol: Your argument is pathetic.

PS - I went and watched Wolfsburg live on one occasion last season and managed to catch between 6-8 of their league and cup games on TV.

But obviously you know everything and you are a world class football scout.

Fine.

PS - I went and watched Wolfsburg live on one occasion last season and managed to catch between 6-8 of their league and cup games on TV.

Good on you. So you're not ignorant, just completely rubbish at properly assessing a player. But please do tell, what did you see in Dost's style of play that made you think he would be good enough for the PL?

Fine.

Good on you. So you're not ignorant, just completely rubbish at properly assessing a player. But please do tell, what did you see in Dost's style of play that made you think he would be good enough for the PL?

I've not said I think he'll be a success, all I have said is you cannot write a player off before he is started.

Given the right players around him, he'll score goals - as he has proven over three seasons, in two different leagues.

His addition would be useful, given they also add in the areas around him.

Desperate for us to sign Dost now, and for him to bang in like 30 goals in his first season  :lol:

Boy would I laud it over Parky and unbelievable in particular!  :aww:

I'd love him to score 30 a season, pretty sure Parky and Unbelievable would too. I think what they're trying to say is based on his career to date there's limited evidence to suggest he's the man for us...

Stop it Unbelievable, it's unbecoming to use actual observations from games you've watched to form a reasonable argument!

You do realise Figures is doing the exact same thing right?  :lol:

I've seen him plenty of BT and that goal scoring run was impressive but I'd wager it was a one off and De Bruyne was insane during that period.

No one is saying he's s*** people are just expressing a concern over his suitability for the league and our transfer policy ffs.

One question, we have a transfer policy?

I've seen him plenty of BT and that goal scoring run was impressive but I'd wager it was a one off and De Bruyne was insane during that period.

No one is saying he's s*** people are just expressing a concern over his suitability for the league and our transfer policy ffs.

a clumsy, cumbersome target man that got injured, looked poor, went bezerk for a handful of games, then resorted back to playing like a bull in a China shop.