NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ElCid

Quite a few clubs have made a few signings now. We are still plodding a long.

It feels like we have several targets, we've gone in with an offer half or two thirds of what they want, they all say "nope"...

We are then all shocked and it's back to the drawing board for transfers.

Clueless and pathetic from us again.

The moment Steve McClaren was appointed was the moment everyone knew that nothing in the slightest will ever change with this fat fuck.

Quite a few clubs have made a few signings now. We are still plodding a long.

It feels like we have several targets, we've gone in with an offer half or two thirds of what they want, they all say "nope"...

We are then all shocked and it's back to the drawing board for transfers.

Clueless and pathetic from us again.

The moment Steve McClaren was appointed was the moment everyone knew that nothing in the slightest will ever change with this fat fuck.

:thup:

Look, I'm not being negative for negativity's sake here unlike what some people might think. Think about it: why would a Dutch poster on a NUFC board with a history of defending Dutch and Eredivisie players when they have been (in my opinion) undervalued come out and express dismay at the arrival of a possible Dutch number 9 at Newcastle? I would love nothing more than to see a Dutch striker become a hero at this club. I wanted us to sign Dirk Kuyt back when we were supposedly after him. I have no ulterior motive here, I couldn't possible have.

I hope we don't sign Bas Dost. That doesn't mean I'm writing him off before he's even kicked a ball for us or will not give him a chance because he's not our player yet, and whilst that is the case I sincerely hope we look elsewhere and aim higher. His record isn't all that bad and I will always defend any Eredvisie striker record against the likes of Ronaldo (the poster) who suggest the league is so weak that any striker could score over 30. That said, he scored 77 goals in 163 competitive games in Holland (one season in Jupiler League, 4 in Eredivisie), or slightly under one in two. Take out his "Pardew 5th place season" anomaly and it drops to in 39 in 124, or slightly under one in three.

Wolfsburg shelled out for him when his stock was high (after the anomaly) and at the higher Bundesliga level you would expect a striker with these numbers in Holland to score maybe one in four in a stronger league, which proved to be the case in his first two seasons at Wolsburg (12 in 41 in Bundesliga), where he was a squad player at best despite the fact that they had paid just shy of 10m euros for him.

His hot streak earlier this year for Wolfsburg was seriously impressive, but nobody saw it coming (a bit like Papiss Cisse's streak in his first few months here) and I think nobody who closely follows the German league can realistically see him replicating it, not least Wolsburg which explains why they want to cash in on him while his stock is (once again) high.

Having said all that, his goalscoring record is not my biggest worry with Bas Dost. It is the fact that he is the type of player that needs the team to be built around him and quite frankly, he is not good enough for that to happen at the top level. Considering our current group of players, there is hardly anybody here at this point in time capable of providing him the service he would require to be even considered half decent. Bas Dost is more or less purely a box player, a luxury we sadly cannot afford as we are in deperate need (in my view) of a forward who can transform the way we play offensively, and by this I don't mean hoofing it at the big lump up top, but somebody with some pace, movement and intelligence about him.

A wider criticism would be what this transfer represents, especially coming in the wake of Mike Ashley speaking of Champions League football and talking about the club finally pushing above its weight. Bas Dost is to the Newcastle number 9 shirt what Steve McClaren is to the Newcastle hot seat: utterly underwhelming and a sign not of renewed ambition, but of ingrained mediocrity. It is simply not good enough and ultimately all this penny penching and taking chances in the hope that some may come off will only continue to see us fall further down the footballing ladder. The club is absolutely raking it in from TV revenue, posting profit after profit and the most we have spent on a striker under Ashley (one of the richest people on the planet) is 10 million pounds or about half what a good lower Premier League/top Championship forward would set you back nowadays.

Yes, I am negative about the direction of the club in general and this potential transfer in particular, but I don't f***ing want to be. I would much rather the club was run ambitiously with a striker capable of replicating the heroics of the best number 9's we've seen over the years. I'm sorry to say there is no way that Bas Dost will ever be that player, not ever. His goalscoring record as well as his all round play are nowhere near good enough.

good post. But if we kept Perez, Cisse and bought Das Dost it would fine imo.

We also have De Jong as a second forward and last resort Riveiere (or something like that)

I do not follow that big focus on a new striker...well i agree a proven goalscorer should have high priority, but for me 2 quality CBs and 2 quality wingers should be of highest priority!

Das Dost, Cisse and De Jong - imagine how many goals they could get if they had some proper crosses coming in.

I would like to keep Cisse and spend the money on good wingers: Cabella, Aarons and (sissoko) + 2 new.

Matip's Vimeo vid is impressive viewing. Yikes.

6ft4 23year old centre back and can also play DM apparently.

Yes please!

Where's the Matip stuff coming from? he's really good :lol: first player we would have been linked with all summer which i actually would like to see :lol:

Matip's Vimeo vid is impressive viewing. Yikes.

6ft4 23year old centre back and can also play DM apparently.

Yes please!

Where's the Matip stuff coming from? he's really good :lol: first player we would have been linked with all summer which i actually would like to see :lol:

He's out of contract next summer so it's an easy, lazy link to make.

Look, I'm not being negative for negativity's sake here unlike what some people might think. Think about it: why would a Dutch poster on a NUFC board with a history of defending Dutch and Eredivisie players when they have been (in my opinion) undervalued come out and express dismay at the arrival of a possible Dutch number 9 at Newcastle? I would love nothing more than to see a Dutch striker become a hero at this club. I wanted us to sign Dirk Kuyt back when we were supposedly after him. I have no ulterior motive here, I couldn't possible have.

I hope we don't sign Bas Dost. That doesn't mean I'm writing him off before he's even kicked a ball for us or will not give him a chance because he's not our player yet, and whilst that is the case I sincerely hope we look elsewhere and aim higher. His record isn't all that bad and I will always defend any Eredvisie striker record against the likes of Ronaldo (the poster) who suggest the league is so weak that any striker could score over 30. That said, he scored 77 goals in 163 competitive games in Holland (one season in Jupiler League, 4 in Eredivisie), or slightly under one in two. Take out his "Pardew 5th place season" anomaly and it drops to in 39 in 124, or slightly under one in three.

Wolfsburg shelled out for him when his stock was high (after the anomaly) and at the higher Bundesliga level you would expect a striker with these numbers in Holland to score maybe one in four in a stronger league, which proved to be the case in his first two seasons at Wolsburg (12 in 41 in Bundesliga), where he was a squad player at best despite the fact that they had paid just shy of 10m euros for him.

His hot streak earlier this year for Wolfsburg was seriously impressive, but nobody saw it coming (a bit like Papiss Cisse's streak in his first few months here) and I think nobody who closely follows the German league can realistically see him replicating it, not least Wolsburg which explains why they want to cash in on him while his stock is (once again) high.

Having said all that, his goalscoring record is not my biggest worry with Bas Dost. It is the fact that he is the type of player that needs the team to be built around him and quite frankly, he is not good enough for that to happen at the top level. Considering our current group of players, there is hardly anybody here at this point in time capable of providing him the service he would require to be even considered half decent. Bas Dost is more or less purely a box player, a luxury we sadly cannot afford as we are in deperate need (in my view) of a forward who can transform the way we play offensively, and by this I don't mean hoofing it at the big lump up top, but somebody with some pace, movement and intelligence about him.

A wider criticism would be what this transfer represents, especially coming in the wake of Mike Ashley speaking of Champions League football and talking about the club finally pushing above its weight. Bas Dost is to the Newcastle number 9 shirt what Steve McClaren is to the Newcastle hot seat: utterly underwhelming and a sign not of renewed ambition, but of ingrained mediocrity. It is simply not good enough and ultimately all this penny penching and taking chances in the hope that some may come off will only continue to see us fall further down the footballing ladder. The club is absolutely raking it in from TV revenue, posting profit after profit and the most we have spent on a striker under Ashley (one of the richest people on the planet) is 10 million pounds or about half what a good lower Premier League/top Championship forward would set you back nowadays.

Yes, I am negative about the direction of the club in general and this potential transfer in particular, but I don't f***ing want to be. I would much rather the club was run ambitiously with a striker capable of replicating the heroics of the best number 9's we've seen over the years. I'm sorry to say there is no way that Bas Dost will ever be that player, not ever. His goalscoring record as well as his all round play are nowhere near good enough.

We also have De Jong as a second forward and last resort Riveiere (or something like that)

I do not follow that big focus on a new striker...well i agree a proven goalscorer should have high priority, but for me 2 quality CBs and 2 quality wingers should be of highest priority!

Das Dost, Cisse and De Jong - imagine how many goals they could get if they had some proper crosses coming in.

I would like to keep Cisse and spend the money on good wingers: Cabella, Aarons and (sissoko) + 2 new.

Would worry the hell out of me. Perma crock and utter crap...imo.

Agree re width, Aarons is all we have imo.

Would worry the hell out of me. Perma crock and utter crap...imo.

Agree re width, Aarons is all we have imo.

De Jong is far from "Utter Crap" like :lol:

The comments from Bild when translated :lol:

Michael Mall 19 hours ago

I offer me to carts stumbling-Matip with the wheelbarrow to the island ... would have time tomorrow

BMG Südkurve 19 hours ago

If that really offer this release, sell immediately

Rolli Nigbur 18 hours ago

Ulis Bayern Hopefully they do, then he can his return & bad passes on the island of games !!! If this so should be a release, "Stamp aufn A & Bye ..." !!!

Ulis Bayern 19 hours ago

Matip was indeed unremarkable, but has a lot of experience for his age. So I can understand the interest in him, but also hope that exists in GE competence.

Fritz Szepan 4 hours prior

Exceptional manner ye Bavaria in this case times no idea if you know what I mean. In your interest, it would be, we would sell the boy to Wolfsburg in order to weaken a competitor of you massively, then you need not even make it yourself :-)

Milestone 3 hours ago

rolli Nigbur

Matip is the only defender of at Schalke sometimes attracts and goes with the ball forward the others are snoring nasal everything