NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moot point, both players will be deployed on the right wing anyway!

I've always thought of DeJong like a quicker more talented version of Nolan. Think he will sit just behind the striker. Would expect Moussa and Winjaldum to be told to play deeper..or and I'm only half kidding, pushed out wide.

Moot point, both players will be deployed on the right wing anyway!

I've always thought of DeJong like a quicker more talented version of Nolan. Think he will sit just behind the striker. Would expect Moussa and Winjaldum to be told to play deeper..or and I'm only half kidding, pushed out wide.

me too, which is why i think we'll be playing a variation of 4-5-1 next year with De Jong having a free role to get forward

fuck knows what the system will be once his kidneys implode like

Based on absolutely nothing I think we might see something like this:     

Mitrovic

Cabella SDJ Wijnaldum

Sissoko Tiote

With Wijnaldum drifting inside and having Janmaat bombing on to provide the width on that side.

Mojo - assuming we get Mitrovic and Wijnaldum what's the other 4 in midfield? In your guess?

good fucking question :lol:, i've literally no idea who he'd pick from here:

abeid

vurn

winegum

sissoko

cabella

colback

aarons

tiote

vuckic

obertang

bigi

kemen

lined up like this with abeid having most defensive responsibility:

mitrovic

de jong

aarons  winegum cabella

abeid

i think we'll be looking to get rid of a few midfielders like, we have to be surely?  from that i'd play aarons, abeid, winegum & cabella probably (assuming sissoko goes, if not him on the right ahead of cabella) and see how they get on but i suspect geordie jack will always find his way in somehow

I personally would go with Perez, a new striker and Aarons/New winger as a front 3, then have Wijnaldum and De Jong / Cabella support them (because let's face it it's going to be rare that both are available at the same time) with a sitting midfielder behind them.

Also I'm assuming Sissoko would be sold if we signed Wijnaldum, (swap them around if that's not the case as I don't believe we'll have both).  Not that it matters mind as we miles away from any of this as it stands.

Based on absolutely nothing I think we might see something like this:     

Mitrovic

Cabella SDJ Wijnaldum

Sissoko Tiote

With Wijnaldum drifting inside and having Janmaat bombing on to provide the width on that side.

Liking this tbh.   

Mitrovic                                                            Cisse

Cabella    SDJ        Wijnaldum                  Aarons    Marveaux    Perez

Sissoko      Tiote                                            Abeid      Vurn 

Haidara  New New  Janmaat                      Dummet  Colo  Lascalles  New

Krul                                                            Darlow

Excess: Bigi, Kemen, Vuckic, Colback, Riviere, Obertan, Williamson, Ferguson, Armstrong, Elliot, Woodman, Good, Heardman, Smith, Sterry, Gillesphey

We are also after another winger at least on top of the five suggested above. Would expect Sissoko and maybe Cabella to be out the door, possibly Marveaux, Abeid and the forest lads back out on loan.

Poor Perez, really only player to come out of last season to come out with any sort of credit and he's already been forgotten before we even sign anybody!

To be fair, while it might hinder his game time having new players, it will lessen the pressure of expectation and give him a chance to grow. Still think he will get some decent minutes, he is mint.

Don't McLaren sides generally play 4-3-3 these days, without a CAM and two box-to box midfielders instead? Wouldn't we be looking at a formation more like this?

I think this role would suit Sissoko, would Wijnaldum be able to play this position as well?           

Krul

Janmaat  Lascelles  Colo  Haidara

Anita

Sissoko          Colback

Aarons                              Cabella

Perez   

Guest antz1uk

anyone know how mclaren lined up at derby and elsewhere?

Not sure but i bet they made a right mess of the pitch

Jetro Willems flying over with Wijnaldum today as well... Naah but i'd f***ing love it! Him and Janmaat as fullbacks! Would easily want us to sign a quality LB instead of a second striker (provided that Cissé stays of course) We'll probably only buy one striker and no LB though :(