NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newcastle are ready to step up their interest in Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard, sources have told ESPN FC.

Newcastle boss Steve McClaren is a huge admirer of Lingard having signed him on loan from United last season when he was in charge of Derby County.

He impressed during his loan stint at Derby and McClaren believes the attacking midfielder would prove to be a valuable addition to his squad at Newcastle.

Lingard, who signed a new deal at Old Trafford in February, started in Lous van Gaal's first game in charge against Swansea City last August, but picked up a knee injury which saw him sidelined for several weeks and then he was loaned to Derby to regain his fitness.

Lingard, who impressive for England under-21s at this summer's European Championship, has featured heavily in United's preseason tour of the U.S. and scored in the win over Barcelona.

The 22-year-old is highly rated by United's coaching staff, but if Newcastle and McClaren get any indication that the Old Trafford could be willing to sell Lingard they are ready to make a bid for the winger's services.

Lingard has spent the last couple of seasons out on loan at Leicester City, Birmingham City, Brighton & Hove Albion and Derby.

What makes Lingard any less qualified than the hoards of random Dutch kids you've been peddling for us? :lol:

Name one apart from Jetro Willems please! ?? You're drunk!

Someone called Boetius?

What makes Lingard any less qualified than the hoards of random Dutch kids you've been peddling for us? :lol:

Name one apart from Jetro Willems please! ?? You're drunk!

Someone called Boetius?

:lol: Did you just make this up? I think you're off the map here mate. People have mentioned him, but not me.

So, 3 players, is that it? :lol: I know there's still a month to go but i'm not sure why it has to take fucking ages if we are going to sign players. My gut feeling is that we'll sign one more cheap type of player, if that.

It's the attitude of the club, it all suddenly changed when Mbemba was done :lol: They clearly think they have done enough.

What changed? The one quote from McClaren? He's said from day one that it need to be the right players and if i remember right he said just the same just a few days ago.

It's the attitude of the club, it all suddenly changed when Mbemba was done :lol: They clearly think they have done enough.

I agree with this aswell. I think the only incomings we will see are youth players like Ivan Toney. Or replacements if Moussa / Colo leave.