NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Linked with Anwar El Ghazi at Ajax.

Spoke to a Premier League scout in that region who said he was one of the brightest prospects in Netherlands/Belgium. Him and Youri Tielemans, who's been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea in the last week.

Tielemans has been linked extensively to Liverpool and City IIRC.

Quick Wise-scouting tells me he's a 20 year old winger, and that the way he runs reminds me a bit of Cristiano Ronaldo. That future profit :fwap:

I'd settle for him over Narsingh :lol:

Quick Wise-scouting tells me he's a 20 year old winger, and that the way he runs reminds me a bit of Cristiano Ronaldo. That future profit :fwap:

I'd settle for him over Narsingh :lol:

Quite popular in the US congress as well, record number of hearings about him already, and might harm Hillary's campaign.

A passing midfielder and a centre half would be my first purchases. Don't think we'd be too bad then. Obviously left back as well but to a certain extent you can get away with a bad left back

I think we'd still fail to break teams down, hence why I'm still banging on about this "fantasy" land team, but it's painfully obvious we create very little, have a weak CM, and a weak back 4 (as a collective).

I think a passing midfielder in there would help us massively. Rather than passing it slowly between our centre halves and midfielders we could get the ball up to Mitrovic, Perez, Sissoko and Wijnaldum quicker and giving them more of a chance to do something without being surrounded by the opposition players when they receive it. My fantasy comment about your post wasn't meant as an insult by the way

We do need a better passing CM but the slow passing is tactical.

We need a Demba like striker more than a creative CM.

In what sense? don't see how we don't need a creative CM as a matter of urgency tbh, our best option is f***ing Anita :lol:

We do need a better CM but the lack of chances being created is more tactical. We are slow in attack like Man Utd. Man Utd have created the least amount of chances in the league (or close to it). We need someone to bundle in the few chances we do make. Any tweak in tactics for more urgency would help the most anyway.

The central midfield is awful. But the best band-aid for a shit team is a goalscorer and that's what we'll probably need in January.

Winger and center back as priorities. I don't disagree, but we need a central midfielder too. Matip, El Ghazi and a central midfielder would be great.

I think getting a top winger would probably free Wijnaldum to play centrally. Centre back is the clear priority though.

I think Sissoko is always going to be a winger for us going forward. Wijnladum to move centrally with a new winger being signed would be great. Need a genuine wide player with pace and directness and ability to deliver crosses into the box for Mitro, Gini, and Perez. Need a new CM to partner Gini and a CB.

CB, CM, LW, LB, backup RB, GK

Some ITK on the True Faith FB group has said this:

Got a few bits of info from a guy close to the internals of the club :- Starts by telling me carr is for the chop very soon, talked a fair bit about it but the short of it was he's outstayed his welcome. Next he reckons a left back and centre half will be the priorities this jan, SM wanted colo gone in the summer but the club wudnt sanction a big money centrehalf at the time, i asked why not a striker thinking it must mean were recalling adam armstrong, but he said cisse is for the bullet, the club believe mitro, perez will get them thru the season, i asked about charlie austin and he told me it was carr that wudnt sanction that deal in the summer, kept sayin what does he bring to the table for that kinda money. Next he says the club have already wrote this season off its now about getting rid of the players that arnt good enough, and the ones that dont want to be ther (which he says theres a few, thauvin for example is already being actively touted about, SM believes he's a bad apple), on adam armstrong he says he's gettin recalled in jan to be loaned out to a top championship club, derby, boro and brighton sniffing about.

Some ITK on the True Faith FB group has said this:

Got a few bits of info from a guy close to the internals of the club :- Starts by telling me carr is for the chop very soon, talked a fair bit about it but the short of it was he's outstayed his welcome. Next he reckons a left back and centre half will be the priorities this jan, SM wanted colo gone in the summer but the club wudnt sanction a big money centrehalf at the time, i asked why not a striker thinking it must mean were recalling adam armstrong, but he said cisse is for the bullet, the club believe mitro, perez will get them thru the season, i asked about charlie austin and he told me it was carr that wudnt sanction that deal in the summer, kept sayin what does he bring to the table for that kinda money. Next he says the club have already wrote this season off its now about getting rid of the players that arnt good enough, and the ones that dont want to be ther (which he says theres a few, thauvin for example is already being actively touted about, SM believes he's a bad apple), on adam armstrong he says he's gettin recalled in jan to be loaned out to a top championship club, derby, boro and brighton sniffing about.

:anguish:

Hope we get relegated if true.

If true we're building a remarkable record of signing bad apples from France. Deemed bad apples by bog standard, plodder British managers, of course [emoji38]

I wouldn't lump McLaren in that category. At least he's tried to amend his failures and learn stuff abroad.

If true we're building a remarkable record of signing bad apples from France. Deemed bad apples by bog standard, plodder British managers, of course [emoji38]

I wouldn't lump McLaren in that category. At least he's tried to amend his failures and learn stuff abroad.

pft, plodder is a bit unkind i suppose but he's not massively above "bog standard" if at all imo

I know a few people on here (myself included) are fully paid up members of the Ryan Shawcross fanclub but I really think he is the man to sort our defence, it's just a shame he's not a 20 year old French lad of African origin

I hope not, but my parents were in Liverpool yesterday and the locals are saying that Lukaku is off to PSG and Rooney is going back Everton

I wouldn't be particularly bothered about shifting Sissoko as I'm just not that fussed about him. Selling either of the other two in January would be typical of Ashley though. If Ashley wants a stress free second half of the season with no issue of relegation on the cards then he needs to bring in some genuine quality. We need a decent keeper for the second half of the season, a proper centre midfielder and a striker. There's obviously other glaring weaknesses such as centre half and left back but it's folly to think all those positions will be filled.