NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Austin being touted around again. Just buy him - we have a good record with forwards from QPR and I think he'd do well.

Got to be a paltry sum now. We shouldn't be spending anywhere near 10m.

No-brainer IMO but we seem very reluctant to get involved.

Austin being touted around again. Just buy him - we have a good record with forwards from QPR and I think he'd do well.

Got to be a paltry sum now. We shouldn't be spending anywhere near 10m.

No-brainer IMO but we seem very reluctant to get involved.

do you want to be leeds or pompey? come on man, think!

Exactly with you. Redmond over Townsend any day of the week.

If we're talking English players - Iorfa, Will Hughes, and Nathan Redmond.

Who's Iorfa?

Wolves fullback. Plays on the U21s. I randomly pay attention to the u21s when some of the bigger players were getting call ups there the other summer.

Yup, he's a very promising left back. I'd prefer Sam Byram personally though.

Thought he played right back, the few times I saw him he was on the right. I liked that he's f***ing big at 6 foot 2 and looks pacy and strong.

He does, but assuming we want a young full back who can play further up the pitch, he'd be the one I'd go for. Mind you we're short on both sides aren't we?

Yep, I'd actually love for us to sign Jetro Willems to play LB - a brilliant passer, crosser of the ball from PSV who we've been linked with a ton. I'd then love for us to sign Iorfa to play RB / compete with Janmaat.

Obviously I'd like for us to sign a CB, CM (x2), and some wingers as well. Basically a whole new team :lol:

Isn't Jetro injured?

He just came back from injury

Exactly with you. Redmond over Townsend any day of the week.

If we're talking English players - Iorfa, Will Hughes, and Nathan Redmond.

Who's Iorfa?

Wolves fullback. Plays on the U21s. I randomly pay attention to the u21s when some of the bigger players were getting call ups there the other summer.

Yup, he's a very promising left back. I'd prefer Sam Byram personally though.

Thought he played right back, the few times I saw him he was on the right. I liked that he's f***ing big at 6 foot 2 and looks pacy and strong.

He does, but assuming we want a young full back who can play further up the pitch, he'd be the one I'd go for. Mind you we're short on both sides aren't we?

Yep, I'd actually love for us to sign Jetro Willems to play LB - a brilliant passer, crosser of the ball from PSV who we've been linked with a ton. I'd then love for us to sign Iorfa to play RB / compete with Janmaat.

Obviously I'd like for us to sign a CB, CM (x2), and some wingers as well. Basically a whole new team :lol:

Isn't Jetro injured?

He just came back from injury

Would be a class signing. Hope we show some ambition.

Guest Roger Kint

Apart from Austin insisting repeatedly he wont go anywhere in Jan?

Loads of mixed messages. If he's offered a decent proposition he'll go. Doubt it will be to us though.

Guest Roger Kint

Loads of mixed messages. If he's offered a decent proposition he'll go. Doubt it will be to us though.

Why would he sign for us now when he gets his pick in the summer. Your post suggested we simply had to bid enough which is bollocks tbh. He could and should reject us in Jan regardless of what we offer

Why would he sign for us now when he gets his pick in the summer. Your post suggested we simply had to bid enough which is bollocks tbh. He could and should reject us in Jan regardless of what we offer

Surely his agent will have some impact? Can't see him staying personally as he'll be in big demand.

Guest Roger Kint

Surely his agent will have some impact? Can't see him staying personally as he'll be in big demand.

Big demand with who? We are talking about us here not whether Chelsea or whoever decide to buy him :lol: Talking about demand actually makes our case even less likely ffs

Guest Roger Kint

Whatever man. You should know footballers talk shite - see Delph for example. He's been linked with loads of teams.

You went from 'just sign him' to talking about his agent and 'being in big demand' so talking shite or not he wont be coming here :lol:

Whatever man. You should know footballers talk s**** - see Delph for example. He's been linked with loads of teams.

You went from 'just sign him' to talking about his agent and 'being in big demand' so talking s**** or not he wont be coming here :lol:

You don't know and neither do I. I find you a very arrogant/contrary poster. Enjoy the rest of your day.

11 days until we buy a new player?  :yao:

11 days until we start releasing stories about a transfer summit and then a slow drip feeding of stories to dampen expectations over the whole of January.

This is exactly what I think will happen. mcclaren has already started the drip feed with his "we haven't spoken about January" bulldust. I would say he HAS had conversations about it (simply because he is in charge of a team and even with his limitations he will clearly know which areas need upgrades), but has been told by the regime to start the dampening of expectations exercise.

I fully expect to start seeing the moncur "we can do it with the players we have" articles appearing in the chronicle soon.

According to the Chronicle we have no interest in Joel Matip.

Didn't even bother waiting for the window to open before closing it on ourselves [emoji38]

Spent all summer talking about it, spent post summer to now saying we were def interested and now not? :lol:

According to the Chronicle we have no interest in Joel Matip.

Didn't even bother waiting for the window to open before closing it on ourselves [emoji38]

Spent all summer talking about it, spent post summer to now saying we were def interested and now not? [emoji38]

Hi Klaus, that player you really don't want to sell... Yeah, we really want to buy him, so you can slap an extra 7 or 8 million onto what you would have otherwise considered.

McClaren:

“You know that this is a private club that doesn’t do it’s business through the media or publicly. So there are things going on behind-the-scenes and we keep them very quiet.

“(We’ll) focus on the two games we have got before the January window opens and even then we keep everything private and confidential. No doubt you (the media) will speculate as much as possible but we will say nothing is happening until it does.”

He was definitely told to shut the fuck up.

McClaren:

“You know that this is a private club that doesn’t do it’s business through the media or publicly. So there are things going on behind-the-scenes and we keep them very quiet.

“(We’ll) focus on the two games we have got before the January window opens and even then we keep everything private and confidential. No doubt you (the media) will speculate as much as possible but we will say nothing is happening until it does.”

He was definitely told to shut the f*** up.

And I would have no issue as such with this, except the club has set precedent in this area by lowering expectations and not buying anyone at all. There is nothing wrong with him saying "things are always discussed behind the scenes but we don't discuss it publically".