NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Id like to see if we can get rid of cisse, rivière, goufran, marveux, obertan, tiote, colo, Williamson & Taylor over the next two windows (some of their contracts expire then anyway) which would allow us a bit of room in the squad and wage bill to get some quality in. Not all need replacing, but they all certainly need shifting, none of them offer anything to the club and just drain wages that aren't being earned.

Austin, shelvey, Townsend, Shawcross...those players would make such a difference straight away. I'm hoping Ashley is frightened at the prospect of relegation and puts funds upfront for some big signings while working to get rid of the dead wood over a period of time.

Can't see how we could possibly get Shawcross.

With a decent offer. It's not beyond us though I agree it's unlikely.

Should have been in for Evans in the summer. Would have made such a difference, he's also a decent passer.

I doubt we'll make any season-transforming signings. Townsend seems fairly realistic, he'll add a bit of competition.

Centre midfield and centre forward are the only positions we could improve to the extent our season changes dramatically. We won't sign a striker with several already on the books. But Shelvey would probably be a fairly decent improvement on what we've got.

I doubt we'll make any season-transforming signings. Townsend seems fairly realistic, he'll add a bit of competition.

Centre midfield and centre forward are the only positions we could improve to the extent our season changes dramatically. We won't sign a striker with several already on the books. But Shelvey would probably be a fairly decent improvement on what we've got.

If we don't we're going down, no doubt about it.

Squad improvements in January will have to come from outside (read Ashley) cash so I wouldn't get my hopes up. We'll have to sell the likes of Sissoko and/or Perez before we can even begin to contemplate who to bring in.

You seen much of Sébastien Haller?

Interesting comments on the Swansea board. Kind of confirms the negative aspects of his game i've seen. The poor man's version of Stevie G complete with too many Hollywood balls and positional indiscipline which can make it hard for him to be a part of a fluid team at CM.

But the upside of that for us... which we really need... is someone that takes responsibility and RISK. Tries to make things happen, we need something like that at CM. Sounds like he gets the same type of stick Moussa gets here for trying a lot of things (which often don't pull off) while there's probably others who are hiding and not getting half the stick.

How it would work defensively for us is another issue but with a Colo replacement it might work.

Squad improvements in January will have to come from outside (read Ashley) cash so I wouldn't get my hopes up. We'll have to sell the likes of Sissoko and/or Perez before we can even begin to contemplate who to bring in.

You seen much of Sébastien Haller?

Think the mackems are after him.

Should go all out to get Dembele and use Sissoko as the carrot. Then plow some cash on a CH, LB, Winger, Striker.

I'm very pissed though, so I think anything's a good idea.

Aye Dembele's going to leave Spurs where he's starting every week for a team that will probably get into the Champions League for us who are looking likely to get relegated. Seems plausible

Shelvey might be a decent player, but he doesn't score much and doesn't create much either, don't agree that he'd be a great signing.

I would be delighted to sign Shelvey; shocked, but delighted. I think he can function as a linchpin at the centre of our disconnected midfield. Tie things together, create forward movement as well as more defensive confidence, and a calming influence. Laying foundations like this would enable others to do the lion's share of creating and scoring. I see him and Wijnaldum as two of the rising premiership MFD stars.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shelvey can spray the ball about, drive forward, create and score goals. He's not exactly dynamic, but in our midfield he would be. I'd prefer someone more mobile and with more discipline, but he would be a good signing for us and I feel someone the crowd would really enjoy.