NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't know why but I really like Townsend. :lol:

I like him too. We just need to stop the nonsense of playing him on the right. Stick him on the left and have him prioritise beating his man to deliver a ball into the box, as opposed to having to cut in from the right to shoot all the time.

It's been so long we've had a winger, I think it will be a breath of fresh air. Mitrovic really needs one to get more out of his ability too.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if we sign Townsend and Perez ends up at Spurs in the summer.

Some sort of shite 'gentleman's agreement'.

Aye - can see this happening all day long.

I know about 7 or 8 'proper' Spurs fans and every one, independently, has said we'd be mad to take him. Literally, not one of them rates the bloke.

I like him too. We just need to stop the nonsense of playing him on the right. Stick him on the left and have him prioritise beating his man to deliver a ball into the box, as opposed to having to cut in from the right to shoot all the time.

It's been so long we've had a winger, I think it will be a breath of fresh air. Mitrovic really needs one to get more out of his ability too.

There's absolutely no suggestion that he can do any of that though, his entire career has been based on being a really really shit version of Robben.

Spurs are so blessed with quality attacking midfielders though. I'm sure their opinion is affected by that. We have not long ago played the likes of Gouffran and Cisse in wide positions. Think he'll be a good signing.

Just the fact that it's another person in an attacking position with pace and a decent strike would alone be massive for us.

I know about 7 or 8 'proper' Spurs fans and every one, independently, has said we'd be mad to take him. Literally, not one of them rates the bloke.

There's absolutely no suggestion that he can do any of that though, his entire career has been based on being a really really s*** version of Robben.

Sure he played on the left originally. No reason why he wouldn't be able to. Most wide players can play on their stronger side.

A Twitter account says we are going to try something unthinkable, these people are always 100% correct aren't they ?

Raise Godzilla

from his slumber?

Does he play left back

There's absolutely no suggestion that he can do any of that though, his entire career has been based on being a really really s*** version of Robben.

Sure he played on the left originally. No reason why he wouldn't be able to. Most wide players can play on their stronger side.

Not necessarily, a lot of them are more comfortably cutting inside and shooting.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if we sign Townsend and Perez ends up at Spurs in the summer.

Some sort of shite 'gentleman's agreement'.

Doesn't mean jack shit. I know so many many proper Newcastle fans and they are thick as pigshit.

Not a Townsend fan at all and he's overpriced (as if that matters anymore).

He cuts in from the right but no way is Sissoko budging, so we're putting him down the left? Maybe that has potential, none of this cutting inside bollocks.

As much as I'd take him because he's an upgrade on what we have, in our situation he's just a short-term upgrade as far as I'm concerned. Take him on a loan, see how he gets on and make the decision from there. If he's great, get him in permanently, otherwise spend the cash on a proper winger to permanently 'replace' HBA.

Not a Townsend fan at all and he's overpriced (as if that matters anymore).

He cuts in from the right but no way is Sissoko budging, so we're putting him down the left? Maybe that has potential, none of this cutting inside bollocks.

Sissoko leaving might be the usual sucker punch at the end of the window.

Not sure why people keep mentioning moving Sissoko inside, him and Janmaat have a decent understanding now and have been the source of most of our chances this season.

We're already going to have a lot of change to get used to as a team with the new players anyway, personally I don't think the whole system needs to change we just need better quality in certain positions.

Sort out the midfield with Shelvey and Saivet (not that I've ever seen him play), keep Wij behind Mitro, keep the right side how it is and hopefully either a new left back and/or Townsend will be able to rejuvinate the left and see how we go for a few games.

Still think Perez can be good out left but it wouldn't hurt him to rest a few games at the moment anyway.

Ugh....Townsend..  :jones:

Never worth £12 - not even close. Got McLaren signing written all over it.

Good, whether I think there's potentially better out there for that money or not it's about time we signed players the manager actively wants, rather than just accepts.

Townsend is s***.  What i see is this is literally the same as Thauvin case - everyone think he will fail and we are still willing to to take a gamble because he is young and have potential and if this materialize we are able to sell for big profits.  Again team needs and players attributes and personality are ignored for the sake of moneym. f*** off man.

In fact the same applied to Shelvey but since our midfield is s*** and Shelvey could hit a few pass for Mitrovic which we are lacking so i would give it a pass.  But the ratioanle is the same.  We didnt pay the money for the best candidate and instead go for gamble in order to sell high.  f***ing hell.  Gambling when we are at 18 fighting relegation is pure madness and greediness