NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's just one of life's lessons - never buy off Spurs. And I can't believe we're giving up on Thauvin, I've been wanting him to start for weeks. Very, very dodgy goings on.

Every time Thauvin gets caught in possession McClaren looks like he's going into cardiac arrest. He's just too cautious to back such a player, he'd probably rather start with Gouffran on the left wing. Safe and will track back.

Not having a  go, but if that's the case, why has he never done it?

He probably thinks Gouffran is a central midfielder. Lee Ryder does.

So he wouldn't rather play him on the wing then?  :lol:

I think if he knew how Pardew used him he probably would. He seems to want Gouffran-like qualities in his wide players in tracking back.

So he'd rather play gouffran there, but never has, because he thinks he's a central midfielder, but if he knew he'd ever been played as a winger before, he would.

Got it.  :lol:

I know it sounds daft, but he's not really doing that much different to Pardew in some ways. We had Ba and Cisse playing on the left wing, now we've got Perez. Reeks of putting square pegs in round holes just to fit certain players in.

It's just one of life's lessons - never buy off Spurs. And I can't believe we're giving up on Thauvin, I've been wanting him to start for weeks. Very, very dodgy goings on.

Every time Thauvin gets caught in possession McClaren looks like he's going into cardiac arrest. He's just too cautious to back such a player, he'd probably rather start with Gouffran on the left wing. Safe and will track back.

Not having a  go, but if that's the case, why has he never done it?

He probably thinks Gouffran is a central midfielder. Lee Ryder does.

So he wouldn't rather play him on the wing then?  :lol:

I think if he knew how Pardew used him he probably would. He seems to want Gouffran-like qualities in his wide players in tracking back.

So he'd rather play gouffran there, but never has, because he thinks he's a central midfielder, but if he knew he'd ever been played as a winger before, he would.

Got it.  :lol:

I know it sounds daft, but he's not really doing that much different to Pardew in some ways. We had Ba and Cisse playing on the left wing, now we've got Perez. Reeks of putting square pegs in round holes just to fit certain players in.

we're not exactly overflowing with reliable options for the wing

What's our thinking then?

---------------------Saivet-----------------------

----------Shelvey------------Wijnaldum--------

Sissoko----------------------------------Townsend

---------------------Mitrovic----------------------

For me:

------------------Saivet-----Shelvey--------------

Sissoko----------------------------------Anyone but...

----------------------Wijnaldum------------------

---------------------Mitrovic----------------------

Tomorrows papers reporting that were going to bid 12m for Townsend and hope to get the deal done early next week.

£10m too much.

Levy will want more.

Loan until the end of the season with option to buy in the summer if he impresses should be the only thing we offer.

I don't know why but I really like Townsend. :lol:

I don't think he's a bad player, but the idea of nailing him down as one of our 2 potential wingers for the next 4-5 years is really grim. That'll be the case if we're paying £12m unless he consistently performs so poorly that he's dropped.

I think Townsend is decent tbh. I'm not saying he'll come in and transform the team and score/create a load of goals but he's decent enough out there, not sure the £12m or whatever couldn't be better spent but he'd be another option and could mean moving Sissoko and/or Wijnaldum inside a bit or behind the striker. I'm happily admit I'm looking for positives because I'm getting thoroughly sick of hating the club and the players.