NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

If we're just looking for a freaky loan why don't we just go back and get Ba? This is starting to get ridic, I'm not even sure De Jong will keep up in PL. Still not too sure why we're watching him.

How do you know we havent asked and were told the loan fee was still too high?

If we're just looking for a freaky loan why don't we just go back and get Ba? This is starting to get ridic, I'm not even sure De Jong will keep up in PL. Still not too sure why we're watching him.

How do you know we havent asked and were told the loan fee was still too high?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1326450.1366834887!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/ny-governors-race.jpg

Newcastle United rule out a move for La Liga star Juan Cala

15 Jan 2014 12:43

Seville defender Juan Cala isn't on Newcastle United's January hit-list - despite reports from Spain

Newcastle United have ruled out a bid for Seville defender Juan Cala in the January transfer window - despite reports from Spain.

The Chronicle understands that Cala - whose contract is up at the end of the season with Seville - is not a priority for the Magpies this winter.

There has been talk in Spain this week that United had expressed an interest in the 24-year-old defender.

But while Cala is a player United are aware of, their focus in this window remains offensive players.

Meanwhile Steven Taylor has been linked with a third club in the January window with Crystal Palace thought to be interested in signing the defender.

Taylor has also been subject of interest from Queens Park Rangers and Cardiff City but only the men from Loftus Road are likely to be able to pay his £45,000 per week wages.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-rule-out-move-6510098

Newcastle United rule out a move for La Liga star Juan Cala

15 Jan 2014 12:43

Seville defender Juan Cala isn't on Newcastle United's January hit-list - despite reports from Spain

Newcastle United have ruled out a bid for Seville defender Juan Cala in the January transfer window - despite reports from Spain.

The Chronicle understands that Cala - whose contract is up at the end of the season with Seville - is not a priority for the Magpies this winter.

There has been talk in Spain this week that United had expressed an interest in the 24-year-old defender.

But while Cala is a player United are aware of, their focus in this window remains offensive players.

Meanwhile Steven Taylor has been linked with a third club in the January window with Crystal Palace thought to be interested in signing the defender.

Taylor has also been subject of interest from Queens Park Rangers and Cardiff City but only the men from Loftus Road are likely to be able to pay his £45,000 per week wages.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-rule-out-move-6510098

How on earth are QPR likely to be able to pay his wages? :lol:  They're already bleeding money and looking at huge fines for doing so.

I can't even bring myself to be pissed off with our lack of ambition these days.

One of the things always made supporting Newcastle feel special to me was that throughout all of the struggles and balls up, there was always that potential to do something. There was always a sense of hope, but it's now gone. We aren't interested in winning any cups, or challenging for the league, so everything we do is targeted towards being in limbo... at best.

As a fan, I've come to realise that it's that hope that drives my passion, and without it every goal, win, signing, or whatever just becomes less and less important to me. It's clear that under Ashley these goals/wins/signings will not contribute towards a progression to where we all want us to be, so it makes it difficult to be passionate about them.

It's not like we're asking them to spend silly money either! That's what annoys me the most. We spent around 350k for this season FFS! It's so damn frustrating that we have such a great base to build on from, and we're not willing to give it a go. A couple of quality players would do such a difference to us. :(

We are definitely going to need a lot of players in the Summer.  Cabaye is almost certain to be gone, Remy won't be here, Shola is not getting a contract, we know they want to move on Obertan and Marveaux and Jonas is not likely to return.  There remain doubts about Colo and there has been a lot of recent talk about Taylor moving on.  And what about Ben Arfa?  All of those players are part of the first team squad and will need to be replaced.  You would have though that the one thing they would have learnt from when we recruited the French players last January, was that they need a good few months to settle.  To have so many potential new arrivals in the Summer could cause a few problems.  It would make sense to get a couple in now to give them time to get used to the Premier League and a new country etc.

This is why I think we will sign some players this window.....the fact that we will need to replace a lot during the summer, so it makes sense to do some now and then some in the summer. This give better continuity and less disruption than trying to bed in 6 new players in the summer.

Replacing Obertan, Marveaux and Gutierrez would be more like getting extra players really since none of them contribute anything at all.  Would be good as if we "replaced" them with three better players we'd improve our squad no end.  Even replacing those three with a single quality player would improve the squad :lol:

We are definitely going to need a lot of players in the Summer.  Cabaye is almost certain to be gone, Remy won't be here, Shola is not getting a contract, we know they want to move on Obertan and Marveaux and Jonas is not likely to return.  There remain doubts about Colo and there has been a lot of recent talk about Taylor moving on.  And what about Ben Arfa?  All of those players are part of the first team squad and will need to be replaced.  You would have though that the one thing they would have learnt from when we recruited the French players last January, was that they need a good few months to settle.  To have so many potential new arrivals in the Summer could cause a few problems.  It would make sense to get a couple in now to give them time to get used to the Premier League and a new country etc.

This is why I think we will sign some players this window.....the fact that we will need to replace a lot during the summer, so it makes sense to do some now and then some in the summer. This give better continuity and less disruption than trying to bed in 6 new players in the summer.

Our board does not do a single thing that make sense fellas. They simply don't. They only sanction deals that makes sense. *Makes sense = on the rock bottom cheap for out of contract players or soon-to-be out of contract players.  Reactionary transfers are the norm for the board -- sell, then buy (or loan).

What do the Chronicle know? Ashley will probably go and sign him just to p*ss them off now.

Just imagine if that was the criteria Ashley uses. Ryder would gain a million mates  overnight :)

Aye. :lol:

"The Chronicle can reveal Newcastle have no plans to sign Lionel Messi."

"Oh is that so? Joooooooooe".

Replacing Obertan, Marveaux and Gutierrez would be more like getting extra players really since none of them contribute anything at all.  Would be good as if we "replaced" them with three better players we'd improve our squad no end.  Even replacing those three with a single quality player would improve the squad :lol:

Aye, because it's not like we'd be in trouble if for example Gouffran or Remy were to suffer a serious injury or, as is already happening, suffer from fatigue and see their performance levels drop of significantly. Who needs a squad when you can only start 11 players and make 3 subs in every one game?

I'd hope Gutierrez or Obertan wouldn't be replacing those two if they got injured, we have better who should already be involved more.  Also there's no chance at all of Marveaux ever getting near the side (when was the last time he even made the bench?).  Have a think for a minute mate and consider whether I was saying a squad isn't necessary.

My point was them going wouldn't require their replacement anymore than them staying, we already need more players now, mostly because those three don't (or in Guti's case didn't) contribute anything.  I was emphasising how useless I think they are (or in Marvs case never will be involved) not saying we don't need more players.  We should be bringing in a few quality players in this window to improve the squad whether any of those three go or not.  I even said "would be good because it would improve the squad no end".

Obertan, Marveaux or Gutierrez would replace Remy or Gouffran if they were injured?  ???  I'd f***ing hope not in Obertan or Gutierrez case and there's no chance at all of Marveaux ever getting near the side (when was the last time he even made the bench?).

Have a think for a minute mate and actually consider whether I was saying a squad isn't necessary..

Marv made the bench on Sunday when we played City.

How many times this season?

EDIT: Was involved earlier in the season but out of the last 18 games he's been on the bench once and started none.  Ridiculous really as he's always looked a good little player to me, but unfortunately I can't see him getting in the side again under Pardew.  Replace him with a good player Pardew thinks is worthy of being involved and you've improved the squad IMO.