Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United - 14/09/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Deuce
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can see us getting a very creditable draw here. Despite the disappointing transfer window, Remy gives us some real teeth up front alongside Cisse and Hatem. We coming off a win and Pardew hasn't had time to bring us back down yet, so a point is a decent bet IMO.

Krul

Debuchy Coloccini Yanga-Mbiwa Santon

Anita Cabaye Sissoko

Ben Arfa Rémy Gouffran

That's a f***ing excellent starting 11. Win 3-1.

It'll be 4-4-2 and draw though.

I would also go with this but with Anita holding

I can see us getting a very creditable draw here. Despite the disappointing transfer window, Remy gives us some real teeth up front alongside Cisse and Hatem. We coming off a win and Pardew hasn't had time to bring us back down yet, so a point is a decent bet IMO.

Any need?  :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Who plays in midfield for Villa these days?

A few random kids who you've probably never heard of, playing like experienced, valuable premier league players. Plus Fabian Delph.

Who plays in midfield for Villa these days?

A few random kids who you've probably never heard of, playing like experienced, valuable premier league players. Plus Fabian Delph.

http://i.imgur.com/BYfWbsM.jpg

I think this game will be our 1st proper test to see whether we look like jumping above the teams we finished with last season.

I agree. Some big decisions for Pardew for this. Don't envy him actually. He'll be worried about MYM and Anita and i can see why (both are better footballers, clearly), sometimes you need some size. Especially if the opposition have it abnd use it.

If we could get our midfield 5 to actually work effectively as a unit then i think we could get something from this.

I can imagine Villains will be thinking that a trio of Weimann, Benteke and Agbonlahor will scare the crap out of our defence and i can see why.

I sincerely hope that Cisse, Remy and HBA scare the crap out of theirs. We've certainly the talent to do so.

I think this game will be our 1st proper test to see whether we look like jumping above the teams we finished with last season.

It's our first real test in that we'll have close to our best team out, and they are a decent, but beatable team. The difference might be how the managers handle it on the day.

Krul

Anita Cabaye Sissoko

Ben Arfa Rémy Gouffran

.. and not an Englishman in sight  :anguish:

Aye we need some proper steel in there. Get Stevie on to handle.

Krul

Anita Cabaye Sissoko

Ben Arfa Rémy Gouffran

That's a f***ing excellent starting 11. Win 3-1.                     

:pedro:

I'd love that but no doubt Jonas will be fit and it being away it'll be more like

Debuchy Taylor Colo Santon

Sissoko Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Cisse    Shola