Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Beren

Cisse is killing me today -- has to get his act together man.

Give Gouffran his chance through the middle?

It would have been nice with a striker capable of holding the ball up. I'd honestly take Cisse off, throw Gouffran on the wing and let Remy play in the middle.

I also agree with the Cisse doubters he just doesn't pose enough of a threat at the moment.

I'd like to see Remy moved centrally and Gouff put out wide left.

It's also good to see our scouting of opposition is having a clear effect on the game.

It's obvious we are targeting Lowton and his lack of pace and it's worked well for the most part. I'd like to see us Isolate him more one and one with Remy instead of having the likes of Cabaye drifting into that space.

Cisse is killing me today -- has to get his act together man.

Give Gouffran his chance through the middle?

It would have been nice with a striker capable of holding the ball up. I'd honestly take Cisse off, throw Gouffran on the wing and let Remy play in the middle.

Cisse hasn't done that much wrong to be honest, but if he was to come off I think Marveux would be a better option.

I also agree with the Cisse doubters he just doesn't pose enough of a threat at the moment.

I'd like to see Remy moved centrally and Gouff put out wide left.

Cisse will be lucky to hit double figures this season, and he'll play every minute unfortunately.

Apart from the last move of the half we did nothing after the 1st goal, typical us. Our CB's are having possession for too long and too far up the pitch for my liking, it should be distributed quicker. Also we need to move the ball across the pitch when either Remy or Ben Arfa are doubled up on, that way we can exploit the other wing which is free.

We need to be the ones controlling possession like we did before our goal because Villa are getting a little too much for my liking. If we want too we could be in full control of this game.

Yeah, for some reason, we have trouble switching wings. We often ended up jammed up trying to thread the ball through a wide area that's become too crowded.

Villa are really good at pressing. We've dealt with it well.

I think we're so well balanced it's made Villa look decptively ordinary.

Honestly, if this was that Fulham side we played last, we'd be destroying them.