Newcastle United 2 - 3 Hull City - 21/09/13 (FT) Post match reaction from p 33

Guest pricedoutoftoon

I'd happily play MYM at RB and slot Saylor in at CB to bench Debuchy and keep Santon LB, and I'm not even happy with that tbh

I'd rather have Saylor at RB, I think thats his stronger position.

No it's not.

Drop Cisse. Play HBA behind Remy. Marv in midfield for HBA.

Drop Cisse, play Gouffran in his position leave midfield same unless Cabaye is out and place Marv there. I don't want to happily think about our defense right now.

That was the same old typical Newcastle that we have seen year in year out after a couple of good wins. We become immediately complacent, take our mental foot of the gas, loose the bit between our teeth and are embarrassed at home by dross. Albeit they were dross who played half decent. It happens all the fucking time and it pisses me right off.

Someone mentioned that it is symptomatic of a small club mentality and I agree with them.The players should have been salivating and straining at the leash to go out there and rip Hull to shreds. Instead we got that 'we've cracked it', half arsed, lackadaisical, just have to turn up to win attitude.

It stinks.

That was the same old typical Newcastle that we have seen year in year out after a couple of good wins. We become immediately complacent, take our mental foot of the gas, loose the bit between our teeth and are embarrassed at home by dross. Albeit they were dross who played half decent. It happens all the f***ing time and it pisses me right off.

Someone mentioned that it is symptomatic of a small club mentality and I agree with them.The players should have been salivating and straining at the leash to go out there and rip Hull to shreds. Instead we got that 'we've cracked it', half arsed, lackadaisical, just have to turn up to win attitude.

It stinks.

Well said pedro mate.

Shambolic performance. Apart from Remy, they should all hang their heads in shame. An absolutely pathetic 2nd half, I couldn't believe how often we'd aimlessly hit it forward. Pardew's bad habits are back and I fear that this will see Tiote and Taylor return. We'll regret not winning this because, looking at the next 6 games, I don't see where the next point is coming from. :(

On the bus so divvina what's been posted but thought everything went tits up when cabaye went off and Pardspew went 4  42. Thought Cisse was shocking and needs to be left out for a while. Trying to hoof it to goof absolute joke. Pardew thought he was the bees knees last week when we beat Villa but he is what he is and that's a championship manager.

I'd certainly drop Cisse for Gouffran for the next game, i'd also put Santon at right-back and Dummet at left back.  I'd stick with MYM and Colo though.  I'd play Dummet, Santon at full back and Gouffran centre forward against Leeds and see how they perform.  Hopefully well enough to then go in against Everton.

Guest bimpy474

Can't believe our hump it long to gouffran didn't work

Probably the very discussion Pardew and his staff are having now, again.

Shaking their heads and saying they 'just don't understand it.'

And that's why it'll work next work, the boys will get on the 115th attempt :lol:

Pardew's HT team-talks are a major issue and have been for a long time. Just what the **** is being said in the dressing room? I'd also suggest that there is a lack of leadership on the pitch, big time at the moment. Colo leads by example and has never been that vocal. We need someone who will kick backsides on the field, but who's going to do that? Not Colo or Cabaye!

We're missing a Nolan or even Barton.

Indeed. :thup:

This result alone just about confirms to me already this season will amount to nothing.

Not getting relegated (and we wont) was always the goal. Finish upper midtable will do me.

Same here, oh how our ambition has fallen... :sad:

This result alone just about confirms to me already this season will amount to nothing.

Not getting relegated (and we wont) was always the goal. Finish upper midtable will do me.

'Do you' in what sense? It certainly shouldn't be enough for the manager to keep his job.