The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Six points off second.

Tbf we've spent nowt to be in this position and the majority on here want our manager sacked.

Don't like AVB but these sackings are out of control. Can't expect the team to gel instantly after the widespread changes over the summer.

This.

Absolute joke to spend around 100m and then sack him 3 months later.... how can you expect all those players to gel? keep in mind that this time last year Arsenal were 10th after making several changes in the summer but did they sack Wenger? did they f*ck.

Also for all the hate for AVB and clueless he apparently is, he has the best win rate of any Tottenham manager since the 1800s :lol:

Six points off second.

Tbf we've spent nowt to be in this position and the majority on here want our manager sacked.

Don't like AVB but these sackings are out of control. Can't expect the team to gel instantly after the widespread changes over the summer.

This.

Absolute joke to spend around 100m and then sack him 3 months later.... how can you expect all those players to gel? keep in mind that this time last year Arsenal were 10th after making several changes in the summer but did they sack Wenger? did they f*ck.

Also for all the hate for AVB and clueless he apparently is, he has the best win rate of any Tottenham manager since the 1800s :lol:

A flip side to that would be how can AVB expect his side to gel when he's making 4/5 changes between matches. Different defender combinations, different types of wingers, different central midfield roles. I do rate AVB but i've criticised his rotation policy numerous times on here as a massive burden on his side not being able to gel.

So much truth in Wenger's words a few months back.

“There is a technical risk when you buy more than three players because you unbalance the stability of your squad,” he said. “I know in England it’s seen as a good thing to get new players, but it’s difficult when you bring in so many to predict how well they will do.”

“If a director of football buys the players, when they don’t work you are guilty for not using them well,”

“When they work, he has bought well. I’m not against ­having people to help me buy and sell but I think the final decision has to always be with the manager.

“He is the one who is responsible for the team’s style and results. It makes sense that the manager chooses the players who come in.”

Baldini was AVB's choice as DoF btw.

Six points off second.

:lol: We were nearly relegated, man.

Would be a bit daft randomly sacking Pardew now, like, without some A* replacement lined up.

Brett you are right but even so 3 months aint going to do anything.

You can't expect anyone to make wholesale changes and expect instant results.

No, not at all. I don't think he should have been sacked imo, he bounced back from the City hammering well and another heavy defeat and he's gone. It is a harsh sacking and i think the majority would probably agree.

If i was a Spurs fan i think you would be expecting a lot more from AVB and he was coming up short on what he was offering. I think he may have survived if his side put some excellent league performances in and destroyed a couple of teams themselves, the fact they have been generally scraping a win by the odd goal and ended up on the back of a couple of humiliating defeats has really went against him I think.

Spurs fans want Glenn Hoddle :lol:

The same Glenn Hoddle who wanted Spurs to play 3-5-2 with Townsend as a f*cking 10 with two poachers and Walker and Rose providing wide threat :lol:

Apart from Townsend as a number 10 that's not really the worst idea I've ever heard.

sign a 26m striker then don't play to his strengths while simultaneously sending adebayor to the youth team or whatever

chelsea is starting to look less like an anomaly, lets be honest here

"time" and "gel" all you fucking want but he should at the very least have them scoring goals, he can't even do that...he's a shit gullit

sign a 26m striker then don't play to his strengths while simultaneously sending adebayor to the youth team or whatever

"time" and "gel" all you f***ing want but he should at the very least have them scoring goals, he can't even do that...he's a s*** gullit

:lol: :lol:

"time" and "gel" all you f***ing want but he should at the very least have them scoring goals, he can't even do that...he's a s*** gullit

less charismatic??

less charismatic??

Its just funny, thats all.  :lol:

Edit : Normally some football know it all would step in and start lecturing people how AVB and Guillit are nothing alike "blah blah blah I have a pie chart to prove it"

less charismatic??

Its just funny, thats all.  :lol:

Edit : Normally some football know it all would step in and start lecturing people how AVB and Guillit are nothing alike "blah blah blah I have a pie chart to prove it"

too right, shit gullit, heard it here first

and right man, no fuckin place for improv on this nazi moderated* playground

(*not referring to the mods there mind)

He'll grow as a manager and become very good. Needs to get rid of his arrogance (which serves him negatively) and keep calm. His reluctance to revert from the high line (because of Lloris ability to cut out through balls?) was a big indicator of how stubborn he was with his ideas.

Also read that he was unhappy with some of the signings they made in the summer. That's partly down to Levy, they need to find someone who isn't just an up-and-coming name and sought after, but rather someone to unite their squad and buy into the way they run the club (i.e. work under Baldini and be flexible). AVB's reluctance to play to the qualities to some of their signings (Soldado in a Cissé-esque situation) was there for everyone to see.

He'll grow as a manager and become very good. Needs to get rid of his arrogance (which serves him negatively) and keep calm. His reluctance to revert from the high line (because of Lloris ability to cut out through balls?) was a big indicator of how stubborn he was with his ideas.

Also read that he was unhappy with some of the signings they made in the summer. That's partly down to Levy, they need to find someone who isn't just an up-and-coming name and sought after, but rather someone to unite their squad and buy into the way they run the club (i.e. work under Baldini and be flexible). AVB's reluctance to play to the qualities to some of their signings (Soldado in a Cissé-esque situation) was there for everyone to see.

what separates him from (planA)lan Pardew, in your mind?

other than his season in portugal what the fuck has this lad actually done?  not seeing it myself

mourinho had the balance right, arrogance with always, always defending the players - AVB would sell his fucking granny, no-one is going to want to play for the prick imho

AvB has never looked anywhere near as horrid as Pardew did last season. I mean he finished 5th last year and had Tottenham sitting in 7th this year before he was sacked with a 100% record in Europe and into the quarter finals of the League Cup.

He hasn't lived up to the Porto hype at all but he's not quite at Alan Pardew levels just yet.