The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How can it be ? He wasn’t a manager a couple of years ago 

The article states that it happened before his current job when he was in a different role elsewhere.

From the outside looks like madness and all that's wrong with modern football.

From where I sit, it was the right call. He did well but also got a bit lucky. Needs to learn his trade lower down as was making some awful tactical blunders and was very defensive first in his approach.

Nothing against him, I wish him all the best and hope he gets another Premier League crack when he's a bit more experienced.

Meanwhile, the owner has put himself in the firing line of the media who were (incorrectly) saying O'Neil could have been manager of the year. So he has to make the right appointment so he doesn't attract column inches talking about his lack of football knowledge.

It's going to be interesting!

5 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

From the outside looks like madness and all that's wrong with modern football.

From where I sit, it was the right call. He did well but also got a bit lucky. Needs to learn his trade lower down as was making some awful tactical blunders and was very defensive first in his approach.

Nothing against him, I wish him all the best and hope he gets another Premier League crack when he's a bit more experienced.

Meanwhile, the owner has put himself in the firing line of the media who were (incorrectly) saying O'Neil could have been manager of the year. So he has to make the right appointment so he doesn't attract column inches talking about his lack of football knowledge.

It's going to be interesting!

Agree it is the right call, appointment imminent according to the bbc, any idea who you are going for ?

What's this about rumours in the past 24 hours? My go to has always been Twitter for that kind of shite but Elon the Great has gone and made everything require an account.

I think whether it's the right call comes down to who replaces him. As someone else has said, everyone baulked at Pochettino replacing Adkins and look how that turned out. If it's with a plan in mind then let's see how it plays out.

If they’ve got Potter lined up, I can’t really blame them. Can’t help but feel O’Neill would be a classic case of having an interim coming in, doing well, then struggling in their first proper season. Roeder-esque.

His winning percentage was 29%. They finished just 5 points above the drop and had a GD of -34 (-25 if you take the Liverpool result out of the picture). He hardly set the place alight and the club is right to look to upgrade.

Edited by Deuce

To the outsiders the O'Neill sacking seems harsh but dig a little deeper and most Bournemouth fans have been less than convinced by him for sometime. The owner seems to be putting money in. and making signings and fair play if he has bigger ambitions than Gary O'Neill.

The other story, doesn't seem worded like it's a Manager, more a club owner, and the still living dildo brother was seen leaving a police station with his lawyer recently, and historically (as is suggested) owned a Midlands club.

Feel like everyone who said O'Neil deserved to be mentioned in the (outside) running for Manager of the Year is now nodding along with the decision to pot him, which is a bit odd. I'm in the same position tbf :lol:

If they've got a big big upgrade incoming then it's entirely understandable like. O'Neil will definitely get another crack at a Championship job soon as a minimum you'd think.