The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

14 hours ago, NSG said:

Can I say something brave, yet controversial? I think this is a good move by them.

Now watch they’ll reverse course and sack him by Christmas. :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Can I say something brave, yet controversial? I think this is a good move by them.

Now watch they’ll reverse course and sack him by Christmas. :lol: 

That's the bit that makes this funny. They're letting the disharmony simmer. I think the move itself is ok enough in and of itself. I didn't think De Zerbi or Tuchel were going to come in and transform their fortunes.

Unorthodox it has to be said but Jim rules the roost and they play by his rules. Shame that his rules are absolutely fucking shit and will end up causing more issues for the club 

1 hour ago, CallumG6 said:

Sounds like Man U players found out last night that EtH was staying and kept completely out of the loop.

Brexit Jim with another interesting move.

Why would they know before that? :lol:

I think Man Utd have basically kicked this situation down the road. I suspect they have bigger fish to fry at an infrastructure level.

Yes they could have chopped and changed, and they will at some point, but if they haven't got the person they want ready to come in, it makes sense.

However the optics and their handling of this has been horrific. If they had just shown some balls pre cup final and said "we are sticking behind Eric, he's a great coach and he's dedicated to moving us forward", they'd have been fine.

Essentially, they've now got a squad who hates the manager, a manager who knows he's probably going to be axed in the medium term, a manager who also knows the club have been looking to replace him, an executive who runs his mouth every twenty seconds, a sporting director who isn't allowed to work for them and doesn't know how to use email and a dozen very average players to shift.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I think Man Utd have basically kicked this situation down the road. I suspect they have bigger fish to fry at an infrastructure level.

Yes they could have chopped and changed, and they will at some point, but if they haven't got the person they want ready to come in, it makes sense.

However the optics and their handling of this has been horrific. If they had just shown some balls pre cup final and said "we are sticking behind Eric, he's a great coach and he's dedicated to moving us forward", they'd have been fine.

Essentially, they've now got a squad who hates the manager, a manager who knows he's probably going to be axed in the medium term, a manager who also knows the club have been looking to replace him, an executive who runs his mouth every twenty seconds, a sporting director who isn't allowed to work for them and doesn't know how to use email and a dozen very average players to shift.

The squad loves Ten Hag. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

Sancho, Rashford ?

Sancho isn't part of the squad and likely will never be again. 

There's nothing to suggest Rashford doesn't like Ten Hag, he's just a lazy, useless fucker. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There's nothing to suggest Rashford doesn't like Ten Hag, he's just a lazy, useless fucker. 

You are definitely that Mark Goldbridge fella.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Didn't you say he was the leak within the squad a while back? Surely leaking shit could possibly be a hint that he may not like the boss and/or is unhappy but more than willing to stir the shit to create problems that his boss needs to deal with? 

Just now, midds said:

Didn't you say he was the leak within the squad a while back? Surely leaking shit could possibly be a hint that he may not like the boss and/or is unhappy but more than willing to stir the shit to create problems that his boss needs to deal with? 

Rashford and his mates at the club have always leaked things through multiple managers. Just a rotten group. Sancho is part of it as well.

I do think if Ten Hag had his way Rashford would be gone, but he's the golden boy PR dream, born in Manchester. He's not going anywhere. 

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

You are definitely that Mark Goldbridge fella.

I genuinely thought that too. Masters in delusion 

I know the press aren't reliable but hasn't there been hundreds of stories over the last season of players being unhappy and that's he's lost big portions of the dressing room? The team certainly played like that in a number of games. Even when they came to SJP it was like they couldn't be arsed at all [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'd be surprised if the squad love him, mind. Seems very cold and uncharismatic.

He's the complete opposite. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Rashford and his mates at the club have always leaked things through multiple managers. Just a rotten group. Sancho is part of it as well.

I do think if Ten Hag had his way Rashford would be gone, but he's the golden boy PR dream, born in Manchester. He's not going anywhere. 

Fair play, you know far more about the club than most on here but all of that above doesn't hint at a settled and happy squad. Some of the performances I've seen Man U put in this season have been some of the worst, tepid, disorganised, flat and utterly shit I've seen from that team going back to the 80s tbph. They have phoned it in many, many times over the last year or so and if that's indicative of a squad that's behind the manager then you've got a lot to be worried about imo. 8th in the League and a negative goal difference is really poor when the bar is so high  

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Unorthodox it has to be said but Jim rules the roost and they play by his rules. Shame that his rules are absolutely fucking shit and will end up causing more issues for the club 

Mint innit.

6 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I know the press aren't reliable but hasn't there been hundreds of stories over the last season of players being unhappy and that's he's lost big portions of the dressing room? The team certainly played like that in a number of games. Even when they came to SJP it was like they couldn't be arsed at all [emoji38]

It's printed about us every time there's a downturn of form and has been since Moyes came in. There's a ludicrous amount of absolute shit posted about us.