The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

On 02/05/2023 at 08:14, Conjo said:

That is some of the funniest shit :lol: The rain to set the scene is what does it for me. The players minds must have been so far away none of them would have heard a word of what that gobshite was spewing out of the PA system.

Hell, remember when that was posted on here in 2007 or so. Funny and depressing then. Mostly funny now. 

1 hour ago, Pixelphish said:

Imagine being a Leeds fan right now, man.

My old gaffer is a Leeds fan and he's heartbroken at going from Bielsa to this fucking joker in 14 months.

19 minutes ago, Sima said:

My old gaffer is a Leeds fan and he's heartbroken at going from Bielsa to this fucking joker in 14 months.

Just remind him we didn't even have 24 days going from Rafa to bruce. 

6 hours ago, Pixelphish said:

Imagine being a Leeds fan right now, man.

Or a player, even. You’re on the blower 24/7 with your agent at this point I’d imagine. 

It’s absolutely laughable how the club is being run. They’d be absolutely fine had they stuck with Marsch too, which is wild. Just insane decisions all the way around.

I wanted them to stay up and now I absolutely don’t. 

The Spurs job will be a tough task, loads of average players on big money that will be hard to move on, a new top class keeper needed that will take a big chunk of any transfer budget. Kane looks like he wants out so potentially their best player gone and then Levy who will listen to the players and fans moaning rather than give any manager time to the extent that he'll sack him the week before a cup final.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

The Spurs job will be a tough task, loads of average players on big money that will be hard to move on, a new top class keeper needed that will take a big chunk of any transfer budget. Kane looks like he wants out so potentially their best player gone and then Levy who will listen to the players and fans moaning rather than give any manager time to the extent that he'll sack him the week before a cup final.

Will all depend on what happens with Kane. Keep him for next season and they’ll be fringe top 4. Lose him and it depends how they spend the money, could be a great chance to refresh or they’ll just plunge after losing a guaranteed 25+ goals a season.

20 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It would be a bummer to see him leave Fulham, imo.

Would also be quite nice if he went there and wasted their transfer pot like he did at Everton though. Seems like a canny bloke but I wouldn't want him in charge of my own team

Would be nice to see him show some potential of longevity and stick with a club longer than a couple of years. Can see it going to shit if he tries to jump ship to a more 'fancied' team this summer. 

On 07/05/2023 at 05:00, Ben said:

I think he gives them another year and then leaves on a free. 

8 hours ago, midds said:

Would also be quite nice if he went there and wasted their transfer pot like he did at Everton though. Seems like a canny bloke but I wouldn't want him in charge of my own team

Compared to Koeman, Silva's transfer record wasn't too bad.  Plus no manager truly has final say at Spurs with Daniel in charge - even those with the CVs of Mourinho and Conte were never given full free reign.

Edited by Pandamninator