The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

From a neutral point of view I think it would be depressing as fuck if Pochettino went to Man Utd. Spurs legitimately have the potential to become one of the top sides in Europe. If they won the league in two or three or four years time, it would be a tremendous example of building something special. It would obviously take a massive effort, and quite a bit of patience, but the infrastructure appears to be there and they're already a brilliant team. To leave that just for the sake of a bash at bringing ManU back to the top? Yawn. He's still such a young manager too, don't see why he'd be in a mad rush to get the alleged 'top job'.

From a neutral point of view I think it would be depressing as fuck if Pochettino went to Man Utd. Spurs legitimately have the potential to become one of the top sides in Europe. If they won the league in two or three or four years time, it would be a tremendous example of building something special. It would obviously take a massive effort, and quite a bit of patience, but the infrastructure appears to be there and they're already a brilliant team. To leave that just for the sake of a bash at bringing ManU back to the top? Yawn. He's still such a young manager too, don't see why he'd be in a mad rush to get the alleged 'top job'.

more money for himself, more money to spend on players compared to absolutely no money this season and Man Utd are genuinly one of the biggest clubs on the planet. At Spurs all it takes for one less than successful season even just finishing 5th or 6th and the wheels could start to fall off with players getting tempted away at Man Utd almost no matter what they will be considered one of the contenders

Quite comical despite how badly we are ran, we have a far better manager than Man Utd currently (the biggest football club in the world).

Seen this a couple of times now, surely Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.

What's your definition on biggest? Real Madrid are a better side. Man United are the most valuable club with the most fans, or "fans" before someone tries to be funny.

Taking "everything" into consideration. Quality of the squad, reputation, value, stadium, fan base...

Aye well then Man United are bigger.

Real have a better squad, higher reputation, bigger stadium. And do Man U really have more fans worldwide? Sounds strange to me.

Guest firetotheworks

From a neutral point of view I think it would be depressing as f*** if Pochettino went to Man Utd. Spurs legitimately have the potential to become one of the top sides in Europe. If they won the league in two or three or four years time, it would be a tremendous example of building something special. It would obviously take a massive effort, and quite a bit of patience, but the infrastructure appears to be there and they're already a brilliant team. To leave that just for the sake of a bash at bringing ManU back to the top? Yawn. He's still such a young manager too, don't see why he'd be in a mad rush to get the alleged 'top job'.

:thup: Beyond money I can't see any reason to choose Man United over Spurs in 2018. One club's going backwards and the other's overtaking them on and off the pitch.

From a neutral point of view I think it would be depressing as f*** if Pochettino went to Man Utd. Spurs legitimately have the potential to become one of the top sides in Europe. If they won the league in two or three or four years time, it would be a tremendous example of building something special. It would obviously take a massive effort, and quite a bit of patience, but the infrastructure appears to be there and they're already a brilliant team. To leave that just for the sake of a bash at bringing ManU back to the top? Yawn. He's still such a young manager too, don't see why he'd be in a mad rush to get the alleged 'top job'.

:thup: Beyond money I can't see any reason to choose Man United over Spurs in 2018. One club's going backwards and the other's overtaking them on and off the pitch.

I wouldn’t if I was Poch, but I’d wager he will. As much as many hate to admit it, they’re still the biggest club in England and arguably the world. Liverpool’s squad when Klopp arrived compared to now is testament to what the right investment can do. It won’t happen overnight but I reckon if he goes they’ll be challenging for titles again within 2 years. He’s a fantastic manager and does tick the (cliched) box of what Manchester United have been about for years (obviously ignoring the shambles of the last 4/5).

Think you’re slightly underrating Man Utd there TBH. Loads of money, massive global appeal. Average players in a lot of positions but nothing a couple of transfer windows can’t fix.

Questions about how effective the board etc are, but still huge potential.

Spurs in a great place as well though, they’ve got a microbrewery and cheese room now.

He's clearly s****, but it angers me greatly the amount of professional players around who are scared to fucken shooot.

The amount of shit centre halves and defensive mids shooting from 30 or 40 yards annoys me much more

Guest neesy111

He's clearly s****, but it angers me greatly the amount of professional players around who are scared to fucken shooot.

The amount of shit centre halves and defensive mids shooting from 30 or 40 yards annoys me much more

NUFC fans shouting shoot at Tiote for years :anguish:

Quite comical despite how badly we are ran, we have a far better manager than Man Utd currently (the biggest football club in the world).

Seen this a couple of times now, surely Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.

What's your definition on biggest? Real Madrid are a better side. Man United are the most valuable club with the most fans, or "fans" before someone tries to be funny.

Taking "everything" into consideration. Quality of the squad, reputation, value, stadium, fan base...

Real have a better squad, higher reputation, bigger stadium. And do Man U really have more fans worldwide? Sounds strange to me.

There’s also the fact that Real have won 14 European cups and Man Utd have won 3

Guest neesy111

And do Man U really have more fans worldwide? Sounds strange to me.

They are easily the most supported team in the world by a distance.

Aye, but that's all they've got over Madrid

Higher value of club, more revenue, higher average attendance...

It's more than Real Madrid are a better side, and that's all they've got over Man United. Pretty important mind. :lol:

Guest neesy111

It's more than Real Madrid are a better side, and that's all they've got over Man United. Pretty important mind. :lol:

Yeap, this is just a blip for you's.  The way people are talking on here you'd think man utd are going to be struggling for years to come.

They’ve won the most important competition in football ten more times than Man Utd

Also the best player Man Utd have had for years left to go to Real Madrid

Man Utd are better at marketing, aye, fair play

Guest firetotheworks

Think you’re slightly underrating Man Utd there TBH. Loads of money, massive global appeal. Average players in a lot of positions but nothing a couple of transfer windows can’t fix.

Questions about how effective the board etc are, but still huge potential.

Spurs in a great place as well though, they’ve got a microbrewery and cheese room now.

In the context of a comparison with Spurs right now though, there's no argument who the more attractive club is. Poch is in the middle of a project at the moment and I don't think there's anything he can do at Man United he couldn't do at Spurs.