The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

16 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

I feel for Vieira. They were not playing particularly poorly, it was the run of tough games. Only for this mummy to take over as the schedule improved and they played bottom teams mostly.

I do also. Not saying things were perfect but a club has to have a bit courage in its convictions and it was clear to everyone that run of fixtures looked a nightmare but once through them the next six looked a lot more winnable. It was basically Viera’s first sticky patch you felt ??‍♂️ 

I heard apparently Parish has got in his head some stat that if a club remains in the EPL for 11+ years approx then it almost guarantees you remaining in it and I think they were/are approaching that ? ??‍♂️ 

And it was Brentford, Brighton, us, and man utd twice. 

Lost to man city on a pk. Lost to Emery's villa. Drew with Liverpool.

Yes there were lots of draws and 1-0 losses.

But the games after getting sacked were Leeds, Southampton, Everton, Wolves, and West Ham. 

Just a little more patience and i think Vieira gets as many if not more than Hodgson. And I'm not even a fan of his at all

30 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Royball at Palace for another year, man. Another 11th or 12th placed finish whilst playing dull football. Most boring club in the league.

Wolves. Palace can on occasion look decent going forward with Eze, Olise and Zaha (while he's there) and their crowd make a decent noise.

9 minutes ago, madras said:

Wolves. Palace can on occasion look decent going forward with Eze, Olise and Zaha (while he's there) and their crowd make a decent noise.

Wolves have at least got into Europe since they got promoted back to the PL and they may be an interesting watch this coming season because I think they'll struggle again. May even drop given the murmurs of discontent behind the scenes regarding finances and Lopetegui's future. 

Palace may have those flair players yet are still a poor watch. Think they're often overrated because they rarely get twatted by the big sides. Only twice have they not finished 14th, 12th or 11th in 10 years. Games between us and them are always dull as dishwatta as well. Guaranteed the exact same next season.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

52 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Royball at Palace for another year, man. Another 11th or 12th placed finish whilst playing dull football. Most boring club in the league.

19 minutes ago, madras said:

both GIF

24 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The clip of gerrard. Feels like his & Lampard's managerial careers are over before they got started

Gerrard basically accepting his is over.

His problem is that he's going to forever be followed by the fact that a squad he had in 16th after 1/3 of a season, and averaging a point a game, was taken over by someone else, barely added to, and guided into Europe, having put together some superb form, winning their last seven home matches in a row whilst only conceding one goal from open play and one dodgy penalty, and scoring in every one of his first fifteen matches. 

As for Lampard, he's surely got the worst win ratio of anyone who has managed any team at any level. 

I actually think Lampard has managed to sink to depths Gerrard has yet to reach, his record is that bad.

Edited by brummie

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

His problem is that he's going to forever be followed by the fact that a squad he had in 16th after 1/3 of a season, and averaging a point a game, was taken over by someone else, barely added to, and guided into Europe, having put together some superb form, winning their last seven home matches in a row whilst only conceding one goal from open play and one dodgy penalty, and scoring in every one of his first fifteen matches. 

As for Lampard, he's surely got the worst win ratio of anyone who has managed any team at any level. 

I actually think Lampard has managed to sink to depths Gerrard has yet to reach, his record is that bad.

Quality, innit?

As an aside, I checked out results from the Chinese super league over the weekend. What the hell has happened over there? Teams changing names every five minutes and not one high profile name (maybe aside from Oscar) among any of the squads...

Will Saudi be the same - ie initialassive investment and interest and then a bit of a collapse?

30 minutes ago, brummie said:

I think Robbie Fowler has also taken a job over there so it must be where Liverpool legends go to die (and earn shit loads of easy cash)