The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

The Wenger situation reminds me of when Pardew was here.  No matter what the fans thing, as long as he keeps doing the bare minimum*, the board aren't going to dump him.

*Obviously Arsenal's idea of the bare minimum is very different to Ashley's.

Guest firetotheworks

Watford are fucking mental, they should have moved heavan and earth to keep him.  I'm not trying to say he is Alex Ferguson but he kept them up comfortably and they won't be able to keep changing managers year on year and expect to keep doing well.

It's what teams do now tbf, don't blame them for wanting to do better. Southampton, West Ham and Leicester all got rid of manager that were seen on the outside as doing the job that they should be doing and drastically improved.

Watford are fucking mental, they should have moved heavan and earth to keep him.  I'm not trying to say he is Alex Ferguson but he kept them up comfortably and they won't be able to keep changing managers year on year and expect to keep doing well.

It's what teams do now tbf, don't blame them for wanting to do better. Southampton, West Ham and Leicester all got rid of manager that were seen on the outside as doing the job that they should be doing and drastically improved.

Is it as honest as them wanting to progress? Sounds like the chairman is simply trigger happy. Surely Flores has more than earned the right to build on the existing success?

That being said, I dunno the general consensus from Hornets fans.

After everyone saying we were mental to want shot of Pardew, I'm a big believer of seeing what the people who watch a team every week think.  Just had a look through a Watford forum.  Basically, the team's been shit for the second half of the season, but he refuses to change things and doesn't pick his team on merit.  They lose to Liverpool and nearly get beat off Villa, but he doesn't make any changes.  It's just the same week in, week out. 

Couple of quotes:

We couldnt have hoped for a better manager for the first season promoted. Playing ultra defensively was absolutely the right way to ensure we stayed up. And the fact that he was charming and hunky was a nice bonus.

I am as happy as a pig in **** that he'd gone though. But I wish him all the best at his next job, and feel desperately sorry for whatever set of fans is going to have to put up with his football. It's beyond grim to watch.

Whatever the general footballing community think, this is the right call.

People will peddle this '13th place and an FA Cup Semi-final' thing, but that is only a small portion of the story. Team performance and morale has been abject since Christmas, and an FA Cup run that features three ground out wins against Forest, Leeds and Newcastle shouldn't cloud that. I've become increasingly convinced that next season would see us risk going down under QSF.

Credit must go to Gino again, for making the right call despite inevitable backlash in the media. He doesn't care about keeping up appearances, and we're better for that.

QSF has taken staying up comfortably and an F.A Cup Semi Final and made it a drab and dreary experience

Watford are f***ing mental, they should have moved heavan and earth to keep him.  I'm not trying to say he is Alex Ferguson but he kept them up comfortably and they won't be able to keep changing managers year on year and expect to keep doing well.

Nutters.

To be fair they have been absolutely shite since Christmas. Should be given a lot of credit for the first half of the season though with it being his first season in England with pretty much their whole squad being new to Watford from all sorts of nationalities.

Any rumours of who they'll go for next?

To be fair they have been absolutely shite since Christmas. Should be given a lot of credit for the first half of the season though with it being his first season in England with pretty much their whole squad being new to Watford from all sorts of nationalities.

Any rumours of who they'll go for next?

while I do get that the form thing is a major concern, the fact he easily kept them up you'd think would buy him a little time until october or something, that would give him enough time to prove himself and if it does go wrong fix the problem

Is that what football boils down to these days? A good first half of the season (way above expectations) automatically means you'll get booted if you have a crap second half?

Would Ranieri have got the sack if he only won 1 or 2 games after Christmas?

We are the 'deluded Geordies' yet the likes of Southampton, Watford, Leicester, West Ham, Stoke can all aim for Europe and top whatever finishes and just be portrayed as 'ambitious'.

Is that what football boils down to these days? A good first half of the season (way above expectations) automatically means you'll get booted if you have a crap second half?

We are the 'deluded Geordies' yet the likes of Southampton, Watford, Leicester, West Ham, Stoke can all aim for Europe and top whatever finishes and just be portrayed as 'ambitious'.

I guess it have something to to with the football at display?

The Watford fans all wanted him gone, that's good enough for me.  I think they know better than us, just like we knew better than the "but he got you fifth" brigade.

Southampton got pelters for sacking Adkins, Leicester with Pearson, West Ham with Fat Sam and now Watford are with Sanchez Flores. They're the exact same situations as our one with Pardew.