The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Sky acting outraged that the architect of their perfect fairytale has been forced out, after they helped create the game where you absolutely cannot afford to fall off the Premier League cash train for the sake of sentimentality.

I think its bad to sack him while they're still in the Champions League. He deserves a crack at that even if they are struggling in the league. Avram Grant got to the final and di Matteo won it, so you never know.

This. Plus there's plenty of the season left as far as securing league position.

I guess it's similar to Pardew getting 5th then us wanting rid the next season.

Kind of fluking 5th with fundamental weaknesses in the team is not the same as winning the league by 10 points.

In classic Pardew fashion, we still managed six defeats in which we conceded three or more goals that season. Nearly one game in six! I bet no other fifth place team has ever managed that.

Equipped with a Manchester United training top emblazoned with the initials C.R, United boss Jose Mourinho paid tribute to Ranieri today at his presser...

"My words is my shirt with his name. It’s my little homage to somebody that wrote the most beautiful history of the Premier League. Somebody who would probably deserve the Leicester stadium to be named ‘Claudio Ranieri', and he’s sacked.

"So I think Leicester made history two years in a row. One year because they did the most beautiful thing in the Premier League and one of the most beautiful histories in football history. And now they’re also in the highlights with a decision that I think has everyone in football united because its something very very difficult to accept.

“But at the same time it’s good for all for us to realise how football is now.

"I thought last season when I was sacked as a champion it was a giant negative thing, now I realise that it was peanuts compared to what happened to Claudio, so my Instagram is a little homage, my shirt is another one and I don’t think he needs more homages because nobody can delete what he did."

Guest neesy111

I think its bad to sack him while they're still in the Champions League. He deserves a crack at that even if they are struggling in the league. Avram Grant got to the final and di Matteo won it, so you never know.

Chelsea finished 2nd and 6th those seasons.  No comparison at all to how they are doing in the league.

Ranieri had his big chance in 03/04 to win the CL and blew it with ridiculous tactics vs monaco which is remembered by Big Ron's racist attack on Desailly.

In all seriousness, he overachieved/fluked the title, they were second in the league if you take into account major refereering decisions effecting the league table. Now he is massively underachieving, he had to go if they want to have a chance to stay up.

Equipped with a Manchester United training top emblazoned with the initials C.R, United boss Jose Mourinho paid tribute to Ranieri today at his presser...

"My words is my shirt with his name. It’s my little homage to somebody that wrote the most beautiful history of the Premier League. Somebody who would probably deserve the Leicester stadium to be named ‘Claudio Ranieri', and he’s sacked.

"So I think Leicester made history two years in a row. One year because they did the most beautiful thing in the Premier League and one of the most beautiful histories in football history. And now they’re also in the highlights with a decision that I think has everyone in football united because its something very very difficult to accept.

“But at the same time it’s good for all for us to realise how football is now.

"I thought last season when I was sacked as a champion it was a giant negative thing, now I realise that it was peanuts compared to what happened to Claudio, so my Instagram is a little homage, my shirt is another one and I don’t think he needs more homages because nobody can delete what he did."

Different tone to when he said he was too old and had only ever won a Super Cup, the prick.

The Italian has issued a heartfelt statement after a dramatic 24 hours, which saw Ranieri leave his post as Leicester manager.

“Yesterday my dream died,” the statement read.

After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the Club I love, for always.

Sadly this was not to be.

I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support during my time at Leicester.

My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a Champion.

Mostly I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever.

Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football.

My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the Club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved.

But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will.

It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a Champion with all of you.

Claudio Ranieri

How do you fluke a league title?

Yeah I tried to make that point yesterday. They got some luck during the course of the season but to label it as a fluke really diminishes their unbelievable achievement.

How do you fluke a league title?

Yeah I tried to make that point yesterday. They got some luck during the course of the season but to label it as a fluke really diminishes their unbelievable achievement.

The amount of referee decisions that went their way when it shouldn't, which according to some stats made them 10 points better off. The fact Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and City were in a complete mess. It's a great achievement no doubt, but the chances of the circumstances aligning like that ever again are pretty low, therefore a fluke IMO.