The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Hmmm ... I'm not so sure. I think Mourinho mismanaged the squad if anything. Their strengths are in forward areas of the pitch and he didn't take advantage of that, because it's just not his forte.

Not making use of Dele and Bale for large parts of the season was a huge mistake, particularly against weaker teams that they could have really overwhelmed with Kane, Son, Bale and Dele all involved. Likely would have allowed them to control games more too and taken pressure off the defenders.

According to my mate Delle was long gone before Mou even turned up, guess you might argue he should have tried to recover him but who knows what the crack was?  Late stage Mou doesn't fuck about though i guess.

I don't think he did a great job but they hardly bounced when he left did they.

Just now, The Prophet said:

There are some decent players in there such as Lloris and Ndombele, but then you have players like Dier, Doherty and Hojbjerg who aren't good enough for a team trying to push the top four.

Hasn't Hojbjerg been there best player this season bar Kane and Son?

Just now, The Prophet said:

There are some decent players in there such as Lloris and Ndombele, but then you have players like Dier, Doherty and Hojbjerg who aren't good enough for a team trying to push the top four.

Even the decent ones (those below Son, Kane and maybe Bale) are only playing in flashes at best. Ndombele looks like he might be great at times but just doesn't produce enough.

They’re a 5th-7th placed squad imo with potential for slightly higher if one or two squad have class seasons to accompany Son & Kane.

On the other hand, without those two they’re probably on par with Leeds, Villa & Everton in the little group below the top teams.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, 54 said:

Hasn't Hojbjerg been there best player this season bar Kane and Son?

He's too limited.  Decent at what he does but there's nothing else around him to help the team going forward, he's basically a poorer version of Rice imo.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They’re a 5th-7th placed squad imo with potential for slightly higher if one or two squad have class seasons to accompany Son & Kane.

I disagree, I think they're 5th-7th placed if everything goes their way and everyone plays well.  

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They’ve just finished 7th without everyone playing well and being carried by Kane & Son.

They have, but it's been a weird season imo.  They're a very long way off the likes of Chelsea & Liverpool in reality.  A very long way off.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Hojbjerg started the season well, but fails at the fundamentals of his position.

He doesn't track runners, he's afraid of the ball and plays it backwards or sideways when he does have it. 

I think he's a poorer version of Rice and what Rice does for West Ham, and Rice has better creative players around him in the midfield as well.  You can carry Hojberg if you're not playing Winks or Sissoko alongside him :lol:

21 hours ago, HTT II said:

Not sure he’s the answer as well. Despite his very very good record there, he was struggling in the end to turn them from a top 4 position into a genuine title challenge, they were awful in the CL final too against an awful performance by LFC.

Poor mans Solskjaer.

23 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I think he's a poorer version of Rice and what Rice does for West Ham, and Rice has better creative players around him in the midfield as well.  You can carry Hojberg if you're not playing Winks or Sissoko alongside him :lol:

I just checked a Spurs forum to make sure I wasn't going mad, needless to say, he's not very popular. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Really think the whole "Poch didn't win a trophy" at Spurs is a load of tosh. It's incredibly hard to win a trophy in England, especially with how good Man City and Liverpool has been lately. The fact that he got them challenging, consistent top 4 and a CL final is very impressive considering what he was up against. The fact that Leicester has gone and won two bloody trophies in the last five years shouldn't take anything away from that neither; they are just an absolute fairy tale come true. 

Spurs fan at work says the same; Poch is his favourite ever Spurs manager. 

The amount of grief he gets for not winning trophies at Spurs is a joke. It’s Spurs. They have 2 league titles in their entire history, they have never been an elite club, regardless of what narrative the broadcasters want to push on us. If he fails to win things at PSG then that would be a big deal.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Hmmm ... I'm not so sure. I think Mourinho mismanaged the squad if anything. Their strengths are in forward areas of the pitch and he didn't take advantage of that, because it's just not his forte.

Not making use of Dele and Bale for large parts of the season was a huge mistake, particularly against weaker teams that they could have really overwhelmed with Kane, Son, Bale and Dele all involved. Likely would have allowed them to control games more too and taken pressure off the defenders.

Bale in the beginning of the season looked like a League One player straight off his summer holidays at Blackpool. Took him ages to even look like he knew what a football was after all that golfing. Once he got going, though... Still a great player in there.

Going from PSG to Spurs would be absurd, especially with him just arriving. He should have a full season at PSG and get a couple of trophies under his belt, then move on to another top club in one of the top leagues. Spurs would be a bizarre backward step.

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

The amount of grief he gets for not winning trophies at Spurs is a joke. It’s Spurs. They have 2 league titles in their entire history, they have never been an elite club, regardless of what narrative the broadcasters want to push on us. If he fails to win things at PSG then that would be a big deal.

Well he has just fucked up the league on his first attempt in a one team league. Took over just after New Year so pretty much had half a season.

They drew 4 and lost 8 all season, he oversaw exactly half of those.

Only got through to the cup final on penalties in the semi against Montpellier too. As well as being beaten comfortably home/away by Man City.