The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Shocked that Sam isn’t up for a long championship promotion campaign :lol:

Absolute knacker. 

Probably been given the heads up that he’s a shoe in for the NUFC job again when Brewcie walks in the summer… 

Love that Fat Sham was more upset at Michail Antonio than WBA losing or relegation. All about the ‘Big Sam’ brand. Cunt. 

Now fuck off to Casa St James but only for 90 days, you fucking colossal Brexit bellend. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Simon Jordan has just asked SA’s opinions on the treatment of SB by the NUFC fans. Was like PFM BIngo with first number called “expectations” 🙂

As much as i know its utter garbage....what exactly is the problem with 'expectations'? If you can't handle them don't take the job

Is it unreasonable to expect football that doesn't involve all the outfield players sitting in the 18 yard box? Is it unreasonable to expect a manager to build up his team to push up the table rather than consistently state the fans should be happy with just survival?

5 years ago Leicester would probably have 'expected' to stay in the league rather than winning it. 

Fulham fans probably had the expectation of staying up

West Brom fans probably had the expectation that Sam would deliver on his reputation as a fire fighter/saviour.

Sheffield United fans would definitely expected more than an easy relegation after their previous season.

What about Tottenham and Arsenal fans expectations....they both expect top 4 despite being no-where near

Man City/Man U/Liverpool all expect a title challenge every year 

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

I can't understand why people tune in to talksport i never have and never will.

In a van most of the day with a very basic radio there’s not much choice 🙂 I enjoy it. More than capable of sorting the wheat from the chaff. Enjoy SJ in the main but not JW. Enjoy H&J. Even the Sports Bar and Transeuro Express good shows.

Do you listen to any pods, @LFEE? There's several brilliant football ones. Not telling you what you should and shouldn't listen to but if you're after some football waffle during the working day you could literally try anything and it would be better than TS. :lol:

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

In a van most of the day with a very basic radio there’s not much choice 🙂 I enjoy it. More than capable of sorting the wheat from the chaff. Enjoy SJ in the main but not JW. Enjoy H&J. Even the Sports Bar and Transeuro Express good shows.

Literally anything would be better than Talksport :lol:
Turning it off and listening to the van's engine is better.

33 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Just had a horrible vision that Ashley might fetch Fat Sam back for a short period after Bruce has ran his course here. 

Unfortunately that would be a managerial improvement....albeit a round about way of him getting Casa St James II

1 hour ago, Northerngimp said:

Just had a horrible vision that Ashley might fetch Fat Sam back for a short period after Bruce has ran his course here. 

At this point I would not really be arsed. If Ashley is staying as owner it makes no difference, although Fat Sam doesn't seem to fancy working with Mike again so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Allardyce is arguably better than Bruce as a character, at least he's relatively honest in knowing what he serves up isn't popular and knows everyone thinks he's a risible cunt.

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

Eddie Howe would be my choice if I was West Bromwich Albion.

If I was Howe, I’d be off to Celtic unless a Premiership team came in. Then, I’d jump to the Premiership again in a couple of years. West Brom are a yo-yo team, never going to have substantial investment. (Fans are great though). 

Guest HTT II

WBA are obviously bigger than Bournemouth but their success under Howe is about their ceiling too. He needs a bigger job, I’d have him here at NUFC easily even under new owners. 

Edited by HTT II

Good shout @Manxst - the Rodgers move, essentially. Go compete against Gerrard and Rangers and then come back to the PL with a better team. 

Edited by Kanji

10 hours ago, HTT II said:

WBA are obviously bigger than Bournemouth but their success under Howe is about their ceiling too. He needs a bigger job, I’d have him here at NUFC easily even under new owners. 

I’d like to have seen Spurs take a punt. If they’re selling Kane, expectations will be much lower but still should have the makings of a top 7/8 side.

40 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Howe needs someone who will at least let him spend a bit. I don't see the value in going to another club at the same level as Bournemouth. 

So that rules us out? :mackems: