The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Had no idea Watford are thinking about sacking Quique Sanchez Flores. I know they've been pretty poor since Christmas (beat us twice obviously) but he's got them into the cup semis and they've looked safe for ages. All this after a large overhaul of their squad last summer, bringing in numerous nationalities into the squad and its his first job in England. Madness

Had no idea Watford are thinking about sacking Quique Sanchez Flores. I know they've been pretty poor since Christmas (beat us twice obviously) but he's got them into the cup semis and they've looked safe for ages. All this after a large overhaul of their squad last summer, bringing in numerous nationalities into the squad and its his first job in England. Madness

Their owner is easy on sacking managers. He had 27 managers in 30 years at Udinese.

Bit late to the party on this whole Conte stuff but i really struggle to understand what Chelsea are doing, the owner has fallen out with Mourinho twice because of the way his teams play and Conte based on his time at Juventus is no different and if anything he might be more stubborn and cautious.

I suppose if it fails they can just throw money at the next guy but still it doesn't make much sense imo.

Amazing how the Everton fans are allowed to call for his head at being 11th in the table, yet under The King us deluded Geordies should have been happy with 16th place finishes and some of the worst football that we've ever seen.

Amazing how the Everton fans are allowed to call for his head at being 11th in the table, yet under The King us deluded Geordies should have been happy with 16th place finishes and some of the worst football that we've ever seen.

Yup. Don't remember too many articles like this: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/21/everton-roberto-martinez-manager-job-wembley

Yup. Don't remember too many articles like this: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/21/everton-roberto-martinez-manager-job-wembley

He's forrin and steals jobs from the likes of The King.

Tbf I don't blame Everton fans for wanting rid but if Stones and Barkley were elsewhere the press wouldn't give a s***.

To be fair, we've had almost 2 years of a side that should be challenging for top 4/top 6 being midtable or bottom half, while the press didn't raise an eyebrow.

It's only because fans have started protesting against Martinez that they've picked up their pens. The press were happy to go along with his Mr. Nice Guy image without questioning his horrific results because they don't give a shit about Everton. Compare our coverage to the mass hysteria in the papers over dips in Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool's form.   

Hijacking the thread but 1878 what's your view on him as a whole? I just think he's utterly deluded. Good first year, I think he earned the right to turm the 2nd season around but he's completely lost his marbles.

Pitiful stuff recently, some of the most half arsed stuff I've seen in my lifetime, and that included some real shite.

To be fair, we've had almost 2 years of a side that should be challenging for top 4/top 6 being midtable or bottom half, while the press didn't raise an eyebrow.

It's only because fans have started protesting against Martinez that they've picked up their pens. The press were happy to go along with his Mr. Nice Guy image without questioning his horrific results because they don't give a s*** about Everton. Compare our coverage to the mass hysteria in the papers over dips in Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool's form. 

Why's this? Apart from Stones/Barkley/Lukaku there's nobody in the Everton squad that screams top 6 to me.

It's only because fans have started protesting against Martinez that they've picked up their pens. The press were happy to go along with his Mr. Nice Guy image without questioning his horrific results because they don't give a s*** about Everton. Compare our coverage to the mass hysteria in the papers over dips in Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool's form. 

Why's this? Apart from Stones/Barkley/Lukaku there's nobody in the Everton squad that screams top 6 to me.

Coleman and Baines are good fullbacks in this league (though the latter is getting on). Mirallas and Deufoleu are decent. Jagielka is decent for this league.

Why's this? Apart from Stones/Barkley/Lukaku there's nobody in the Everton squad thhat screams top 6 to me.

Who screamed top four/ six for you in our squad for two years then?

No argument that they're good players, but I still wouldn't have them as top 6 material. Solid top 10 at best in my mind. 

Leicester aside would you really take Everton's players over the likes of Tottenham, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea or even Stoke?

We are called deluded for wanting a team not to be threatened by relegation, yet Everton fans with a team who are sitting comfortably in the league are right to be demanding Martinez's head? Nah, sorry not having that!

Quote from: gjohnson on Today at 02:18:03 PM

Why's this? Apart from Stones/Barkley/Lukaku there's nobody in the Everton squad thhat screams top 6 to me.

No-one in our squad as it's dire, but I'm talking Everton not us :-)

Quote from: gjohnson on Today at 02:18:03 PM

No-one in our squad as it's dire, but I'm talking Everton not us :-)

Ah sorry thought the opening paragraph was about nufc.

No argument that they're good players, but I still wouldn't have them as top 6 material. Solid top 10 at best in my mind. 

Leicester aside would you really take Everton's players over the likes of Tottenham, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea or even Stoke?

We are called deluded for wanting a team not to be threatened by relegation, yet Everton fans with a team who are sitting comfortably in the league are right to be demanding Martinez's head? Nah, sorry not having that!

Glenn Whelan has started every game for Stoke this season