The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

No. My own inability to properly use the quote function.

Consider it this way....if it was NUFC sitting comfortably and we were protesting at our manager imagine the typical reaction. There's a list of things that would be aimed....deluded geordies, know your place, high expectations, never give managers a chance etc etc

Yet Everton (arguably) a club of similar stature are right to want better? Maybe just a press/pundit thing but unfortunately that is how the majority of fans form their opinions on other teams.

No argument that they're good players, but I still wouldn't have them as top 6 material. Solid top 10 at best in my mind. 

Leicester aside would you really take Everton's players over the likes of Tottenham, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea or even Stoke?

We are called deluded for wanting a team not to be threatened by relegation, yet Everton fans with a team who are sitting comfortably in the league are right to be demanding Martinez's head? Nah, sorry not having that!

Glenn Whelan has started every game for Stoke this season

There's always an exception, or two. Wouldn't take Huth or Morgan over Stones either

Stones has been terrible

Be that as it may, I've not heard rumours of Chelsea putting in massive offers for either of the Leicester duo. Why not, they're the foundation of the third meanest defence in the league?

At the same time, stick either/both of Huth/Morgan in our team and they'd be back down to relegation form before you could say 'midfield protection'

No argument that they're good players, but I still wouldn't have them as top 6 material. Solid top 10 at best in my mind. 

Leicester aside would you really take Everton's players over the likes of Tottenham, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea or even Stoke?

We are called deluded for wanting a team not to be threatened by relegation, yet Everton fans with a team who are sitting comfortably in the league are right to be demanding Martinez's head? Nah, sorry not having that!

I understand where you're coming from but when you throw in those "top 10" calibre players, and there's a fair few of them, with the likes of potential league-crushing strikers like Lukaku, and Barkley - they could be a force in the league. Barkley should be their Alli, Lukaku should be their Kane. They're severely underperforming under Martinez, there's no getting away from that.

He seems unable to either sustain an inherited defence or build his own. Similar to Pardew in that way (which sounds more vicious than it was intended to) - without that, the rest of the team and his good attacking coaching abilities crumble on his foundations of sand.

NUFC fans have been called deluded incorrectly.

It's about time we knocked this "X have a top 4 squad, Y only have a top 8 squad" nonsense on the head like.

It reduces a complex team game to a formulaic predictable spreadsheet that Leicester have proved it is not.

I understand where you're coming from but when you throw in those "top 10" calibre players, and there's a fair few of them, with the likes of potential league-crushing strikers like Lukaku, and Barkley - they could be a force in the league. Barkley should be their Alli, Lukaku should be their Kane. They're severely underperforming under Martinez, there's no getting away from that.

He seems unable to either sustain an inherited defence or build his own. Similar to Pardew in that way (which sounds more vicious than it was intended to) - without that, the rest of the team and his good attacking coaching abilities crumble on his foundations of sand.

NUFC fans have been called deluded incorrectly.

I think they're performing at a reasonable level for the majority of their squad. In my opinion there's too many weak links in there to be covered by the talent of their best players (which I admit is damn good): Tony Hibbert, Brian Oviedo, Darron Gibson, FunesMori. The rest of their squad is decent/good, but the better ones are starting to show their age (Barry, Pienaar).

Then again I could be talking nonsense as I don't watch Everton.

It's about time we knocked this "X have a top 4 squad, Y only have a top 8 squad" nonsense on the head like.

It reduces a complex team game to a formulaic predictable spreadsheet that Leicester have proved it is not.

Looking at team's potential based on the individuals they have has always, I agree, been backwards. Teams almost always prosper over a collection of individuals - and Leicester are the latest domestic team to prove that. They have done so emphatically.

They may be the touch paper that finally gets English football to begin the arduous process of catching up with continental football (instead of throwing the most money at the biggest trophy players they can afford each transfer window), but at the moment the reality is that most English teams don't have the managers, coaching set-up, philosophy or desire to operate on any other basis than the status quo - so it's still not a bad barometer of how things "ought to be" IMO. For now.

I think that was Martinez's last chance. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked now and someone was left in caretaker charge until the end of the season.

probably see the season out while they quietly check out their options for the summer, no rush on it

I fully agree.

But people have been looking at other factors. Martinez Wigan side could never defend. He inherited a team that had a very solid defence for the previous 5 years. Within 3 seasons the defence is a total shambles. It adds credence to the growing narrative that he doesn't know how to coach a decent defensive unit.

Throw in the fact they have 4 England squad members. One of the best strikers in the league. They had 6 consecutive top 8 finishes before he joined - within 3 seasons he'll most likely have 2 consecutive seasons out the top 8. He's taken them backwards. And his previous track record wasn't the best either.

Pardew benefits from being English. The Ashley factor. Best players being foreign and/or sold.

Lee Clayton ‏@LeeClayton_  4h4 hours ago

No matter how unfair it might seem Watford will now proceed with replacing their manager soon as first reported by @SamiMokbel81_DM

That's mental. What's gone on there ?

No matter how unfair it might seem Watford will now proceed with replacing their manager soon as first reported by @SamiMokbel81_DM

Absolute nut cases

Tell you what though, if we go down and Rafa doesn't stay...

Tell you what though, if we go down and Rafa doesn't stay...

We still end up with Nigel Pearson?

Guest neesy111

If they are getting rid of Flores and his replacement is available now then it makes perfect sense to give him 3 games or so to suss out the players.

Getting rid of Flores is the mental bit

He apparently is happy to leave.