The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

Martinez gone

They've acted fast.

Must have the replacement lined up already.

Cue the Rafa speculation. Surely not though.

I'd like to think that Rafa wouldn't have said yes to EFC without resigning from NUFC first.

We'll see. I'm going to say De Boer.

Am I looking into this too much or have they acted immediately after we've been confirmed down

De Boar left Ajax last night, probably just that.

I wonder who Everton will go for.

I understand Captain Bellend is somehow still available.

http://www.london24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3532050.1396938342!/image/1597514775.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/1597514775.jpg

Martinez gone but really would Rafa go to the club across the park as irrespective of his home would either set of fans accept that and most importantly would Rafa go there and disrespect Liverpool ?

de Boer to Everton, will be confirmed before Sunday to cheer up their whinging supporters on the final day.

I think that could be a good fit for Everton. If Rafa is gonna play the long game and genuinely wants to stay working in England, one season in the championship won't do him any harm.. unless Ashley starts his old tricks again, but let's say hypothetically that he gives Rafa free reign to reshape the club.. i would say the potential here is far more than he'd ever get at Everton, with all due respect.. they are a huge club as well.

For De Boer, Everton would present a good opportunity to get his feet wet in PL management.

The decline of Martinez really reinforces the notion that a manager needs 2 seasons before you really see what he's made of.. the first season is really a cocktail of them and the manager before.. Graham/O'Leary for example.. Pearson/Ranieri, Ranieri/Mourinho and to far lesser an extent, Hughton/Pardew. Moyes/Martinez is the newest example.. Moyes had a solid squad, organised in defense.. Martinez came in and added a bit of creativity to it.. but a year on he'd coached the Moyes out of them..

More from Swans boss Francesco Guidolin, who admits he will not have the final say on transfers this summer, "the decision is with our chairman" and can only ask for certain "characteristics" in players. 

Swansea manager Francesco Guidolin believes this season could be "a lesson" for the club and is already targeting 40 points next season as a priority.

"The last 10 years at Swansea have been up and up. It is not easy to keep going in football.

"It is important to have a season that is complicated so we can learn new things." 

:lol: Welcome to Mike Ashley/Pardew-world, swans.

de Boer to Everton, will be confirmed before Sunday to cheer up their whinging supporters on the final day.

The decline of Martinez really reinforces the notion that a manager needs 2 seasons before you really see what he's made of.. the first season is really a cocktail of them and the manager before.. Graham/O'Leary for example.. Pearson/Ranieri, Ranieri/Mourinho and to far lesser an extent, Hughton/Pardew. Moyes/Martinez is the newest example.. Moyes had a solid squad, organised in defense.. Martinez came in and added a bit of creativity to it.. but a year on he'd coached the Moyes out of them..

Not really. Mourinho is a 2 season manager.

I'm confident in saying Pearson would not have won the league with Leicester. Sure he contributed and laid the framework fro that success but he would have never hit these heights.

Watch that Italian manager do something special now..... :yao:

He managed under the same conditions more or less at Udinese, he'll be fine.

I was fucking livid listening to TalkSport this morning mind...

They were going on about Martinez saying he's only had one win in 10 game (I think?), and that "that's a sackable offence in itself". Yet, Pardew goes 1 win in 19 games and he's "just in a blip".

Daft cunt's disgusted foreign parents forget to ensure he was born in Ealing to the name of Robert Martin.

Neil / 1878 - What's the chat on the Everton forums about who is next in line ?

Seen nothing concrete - just the same guesswork on here about De Boer leaving Ajax. Pellegrini is supposedly interested and Koeman has been linked.

I don't think Rafa will be on the radar tbh. He'd be a good appointment (and I think he'd gladly take the job too) but the board are under massive pressure from the fans, so I can't see them making any sort of controversial move like Rafa would be.

Seen nothing concrete - just the same guesswork on here about De Boer leaving Ajax. Pellegrini is supposedly interested and Koeman has been linked.

I don't think Rafa will be on the radar tbh. He'd be a good appointment (and I think he'd gladly take the job too) but the board are under massive pressure from the fans, so I can't see them making any sort of controversial move like Rafa would be.

Cheers :thup:

Do you think the board would genuinely listen to the fans ?

Cheers :thup:

Do you think the board would genuinely listen to the fans ?

Didn't the board redesign the badge after a season because the fans wern't happy with the new one? They are called the people's club, I think theirs an element of truth in that title.