The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

3 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

Think that was more to do with they had already been knocked out of Europe early and had wrapped up the league with about 2 months to go.

i honestly can’t remember where they ended that season. Maybe it’s not a good comparison as Fergusons style in part was one of aggression and fear with his players. With that style you lose a lot of your power if they know you’re going.  

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No idea why anyone would want him here.

After we changed the elite and threatened Liverpools position, we got a former Liverpool manager both after Keegan, and SBR, and they both deliberately fucked us over to keep Liverpool at the table.

Rafa wants a word with you.:D

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

They are fucked now like, looks like it will be Alonso coming in. He might have potential but he’ll be found out like when Gerrard went to Villa, or Lampard went to Chelsea.

I heard Steve Bruce is available.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

They are fucked now like, looks like it will be Alonso coming in. He might have potential but he’ll be found out like when Gerrard went to Villa, or Lampard went to Chelsea.

it does sound like it Alonso but I’d be nervous if I supported Villa. 

5 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

Think that was more to do with they had already been knocked out of Europe early and had wrapped up the league with about 2 months to go.

I think it was the first retirement that he backtracked on that led to a bad season. 2001 I think.

Never thought another club's managerial news would make me so damn happy.

Hopefully it goes Sir Bobby-style and affects his authority. But not so bad that it goes Ferguson-style and he u-turns on the decision. 

Big help for the next guy that Salah will be sold for mega bucks to Saudi in the summer so the incoming manager will have plenty of funds to create a team in his own image to go with an already very strong squad.

He's done a helluva job the big teethed bastard in fairness to him. Left an incredible legacy.

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

My main hope is they get some sap in, they’ll have their pick though and it’s hard to see it not working out

I wouldn't be too sure. I hate the man but he's an outrageous manager and his fingerprints are all over them from these past eight years. Even for a genuinely quality manager it's probably a daunting role to step in to and try to pick up where he leaves off.

I'd be interested to know as well what kind of budget any incoming manager has to mould the team how he wants as they're not quite at the level of throwing as much as they want at it.

I'm not saying they'll plummet but I could see them out of the title race for a good while. But maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I didn't particularly see this coming. I thought the theatrical shows of bad temper were a sign that he was enjoying himself. 

They've got some good young players coming through. I think the set up is very encouraging for an incoming manager. They'll be taking over a winning and improving team rather than one that's struggling.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Literally just saw a tweet that said is this what the rest of the country felt like when the queen died

Yeah people of Liverpool didn’t give a shit about the Queen and now the rest of the country doesn’t give a shit about Klipperty Klopp :lol:

1 hour ago, Bizza said:

Black arm bands for Liverpool's next game then. 

For the rest of the season more like. The Sky Sports team should be wearing them as well.

1 minute ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Are we to all stand our doorsteps tonight clapping or something?

We should all wear fake white teeth and stand outside at sunset with our caps on to applaud