The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I hate Liverpool as much as anyone, but...

They called it Black Wednesday on Tyneside. People cried in the streets or stared at each other in stunned silence.

newcastle-fans-keegan-resigns.jpg?s=1024

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I hate Liverpool as much as anyone, but...

newcastle-fans-keegan-resigns.jpg?s=1024

Don't think anyone begrudges their fanbase being absolutely shook. I wasnt old enough to see the media wide feel of Keegan quiting but I doubt it pales to the biblical outpouring of sorrow we're going to see over until the end of the season.

Fuck the whole club of entitled cunts, this is hilarious.

They’ll love the victim status until the end of the season and I hope Man City bury them.

He’s not as bad as Ferguson but their fans are just as bad as Manure.

7 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Fuck the whole club of entitled cunts, this is hilarious.

They’ll love the victim status until the end of the season and I hope Man City bury them.

He’s not as bad as Ferguson but their fans are just as bad as Manure.

Go on Thomson Mouse la

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

They are fucked now like, looks like it will be Alonso coming in. He might have potential but he’ll be found out like when Gerrard went to Villa, or Lampard went to Chelsea.

Don’t think there’s any basis for that. Lampard had done a decent job in the Champo and Gerrard in the SPL. Alonso is cruising through the Bundesliga and Europa with Leverkusen.

I'd say this is the exact opposite of ruling himself out:

"At the moment, I am really happy here and enjoying my work here. I'm feeling each day and each game is a challenge and we are in an intense but in a beautiful journey here in Leverkusen and I am trying to give my best to help my players be ready for the next thing, and that's my goal.

"What will come next, I don't know."

45 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'd say this is the exact opposite of ruling himself out:

"At the moment, I am really happy here and enjoying my work here. I'm feeling each day and each game is a challenge and we are in an intense but in a beautiful journey here in Leverkusen and I am trying to give my best to help my players be ready for the next thing, and that's my goal.

"What will come next, I don't know."

That last line means “Come get me.”

Xabi Alonso is a million fucking miles ahead of Gerrard as a manager. And a billion ahead of Lampard. We can only hope it somehow ends up being Gerrard. It's nailed on to be Alonso and he's a good choice. 

Sounds like klippity needs a break. He's been good value for nearly a decade here, and although a premium cunt, at least his ability matched. 

RIP.

Fingers crossed Alonso knocks them back if they go calling for him. Would be glorious to see their reaction to a fans favourite not being interested. 

11 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Xabi Alonso is a million fucking miles ahead of Gerrard as a manager. And a billion ahead of Lampard. We can only hope it somehow ends up being Gerrard. It's nailed on to be Alonso and he's a good choice. 

Obviously, all those witless Liverpool fans who said we didn't know what we were doing when we sacked Carpethead will be clamouring for him to come 'home' now.

Unlikeable when he’s not on your side, but the best coach in world football imo. Liverpool heading into a bit of a transition phase (they are heading that way anyway, with key players getting older or leaving) would be good for a season or two, expect they will aim to bring someone in that favours a high press rather than rip it all up and start again.. 

Edited by Nine

There's a potential banana skin here for the new manager if Salah goes or stops producing. The age profile of Alisson and VVD does not bode well either.

Those three paper over all kinds of cracks and vulnerabilities in other positions.

1 hour ago, Memphis said:

Does he really have a massive connection to them though? Surely he'd have his eye on succeeding Ancelotti if he's ambitious no?