The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

49 minutes ago, midds said:

Alonso will get it and I've got a feeling he'll be fucking fantastic much to my own annoyance :(

I think it’s too soon for him. Klopps got his fingers so deep into the way they play and who they have bought that any move away from that is going to take a massive personality, not just a very good coach

15 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I think it’s too soon for him. Klopps got his fingers so deep into the way they play and who they have bought that any move away from that is going to take a massive personality, not just a very good coach

It absolutely could be too soon for him, it would be a huge jump to go from leverkusen to Liverpool but it just feels like a great fit. It's just a hunch but I think it could easily click for him there but I really hope I'm wrong, I often am :lol:

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Whoever goes there next will fail (in comparison).

may as well give it to Gerrard next season, get that out of the way and then put a proper manager in place

Gerrard is my shout as well, and if the Kop faithful have any genuine faith in their anthem "You'll never walk ALOOOONE!" they'll be blasting it out as he emerges down the tunnel clapping all corners of the famous stadium as he comes back home.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone else think Alonso is a massively risky appointment?

Probably yes, added issue being he might not want to leave the champions immediately. If that happens obviously, you would think he might see it long term and wait

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone else think Alonso is a massively risky appointment?

He has enough games under his belt to feel comfortable that his success isn’t a flash in the plan.

I’m not convinced he’s interested in the Liverpool job right now anyway given the Real Madrid gig may be vacant soon.

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Any talk about Unai Emery being in with a shout? Would really piss Villa fans off.

Seems inevitable he’ll get another crack at one of the Big 6 eventually. 

Not in the mood to think about this in broad terms around what he brought to the PL, he's been a twat past few seasons in general and specifically towards us so he can fuck right off.

ps: I might mellow about this tomorrow

Could well be too soon for Alonso. Liverpool are going to need a major rebuild as key figures such as Salah, Van Dijk are the wrong side of 30 . Robertson is injury prone and 29, and several other squad members are in their 30's (Thiago, Matip, Endo). Klopp started the rebuild of the midfield but Alonso favours a more patient style of play. Also Salah (well his agent)has repeatedly been in dispute with the club behind the scenes over wanting a larger share of the money coming in commercially from the middle east so he could be looking at this summer as the perfect time for pastures new.