The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I think West Ham fans seem to think they should be playing some form of entertaining football , I don't even like Moyes but its bizarre really the way West Ham fans go on about him, they have won a European trophy and competed in and amongst the top 6 under Moyes, that is literally West Ham's ceiling. 

They won the European trophy they were favourites for. They have far more resources than the teams they were competing against.

West Ham are like the 20th richest club in the world and comfortably in the top 8 or 9 in England. They are doing well... but not that well when you look at everything.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's done well there but the resources and money spent, they're probably looking at Villa and Spurs (even is) and thinking that could be us with a better manager. 

West Ham is in the upgraded model of boat that Palace are. Barely competent owners rising with the PL tides.

They had no idea what to do in the summer but managed to land good players. They only got Moyes because they had no idea who to hire.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

They won the European trophy they were favourites for. They have far more resources than the teams they were competing against.

West Ham are like the 20th richest club in the world and comfortably in the top 8 or 9 in England. They are doing well... but not that well when you look at everything.

And we are the richest club in the world. We just can't spend it. Also currently 1 point above West Ham.

And then, as always, there is Chelsea...

Edited by Joe1984

54 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

And we are the richest club in the world. We just can't spend it. Also currently 1 point above West Ham.

And then, as always, there is Chelsea...

West Ham are top 20 by revenue. And above us (until perhaps recently). European football, good gates numbers, good gate prices, PL money etc.

Tbf with West Ham it might well be the 0 wins in 8 games (all of 2024). Batterings by Man Utd and Arsenal, draws at H to Bournemouth and away to Sheff Utd and knocked out the cup by Bristol City.  He's done well there, but the tide might be turning. Im sure its not all West Ham fans, but when its the majority of fans wanting a manager out they're almost never wrong as we well know. 

4 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

It's bit kettle and cup to criticise west hams fan for wanting him out when our fans were complaining about how opposition fans didn't see what our problem with Bruce was.

Aye there is that but Bruce didn’t win us a European trophy. 

I have seen other fans criticise West Ham on twitter for wanting him out purely based on league position and the fact they won a cup last season. My answer to them is the same as my answer to the ones criticising us, you can't comment on a team you don't watch week in, week out and a glance at the table tells you nothing.

35 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

It's bit kettle and cup to criticise west hams fan for wanting him out when our fans were complaining about how opposition fans didn't see what our problem with Bruce was.

A bit what?

11 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

I think West Ham fans seem to think they should be playing some form of entertaining football , I don't even like Moyes but its bizarre really the way West Ham fans go on about him, they have won a European trophy and competed in and amongst the top 6 under Moyes, that is literally West Ham's ceiling. 

West Ham did traditionally have this idea that they were a footballing team when I was growing up so managers like Allardyce and to some extent, Moyes were never going to catch the imagination of all the fans.

Personally I don't like the football produced by either, trophy or not, so I can relate.

Moyes has a good stranglehold on them after saving them from relegation twice, and making them a top 10 team.

I can sympathise with the fans that want them to have a go at becoming better and watching more entertaining football, especially considering some of the decent technial players they have rather than seeing Moyes replace Soucek with McTominay and Aguerd with Maguire in the summer with the following status quo.

I think West Ham is a very complicated situation which goes beyond the manager.

Moyes is doing alright in terms of results, but they've got owners who have alienated the fanbase since taking over, they've moved them to without a doubt the worst 'new' stadium in English football, an atmosphere killer but lots of seats so hey-ho, and the manager is one of the last of a dinosaur breed who play pretty austere football.

I'd be absolutely distraught if our owners ever moved us somewhere like the London Stadium just because it had more seats.

When Gold, Sullivan and Brady ran Birmingham City they constantly went on at the council about building them a new stadium (despite lack of interest from anybody at all in attending games at their current stadium), it was a fucking obsession. It must have been their life's ambition to get given that stadium at West Ham.

Only, it's a fucking horrific venue, but they don't care, because hey, the numbers.

Think they have every right to want him gone. Other than winning a competition which they were favourites for, beating European giants like AEK Larnaca and Silkeborg IF along the way.

Any manager who hasn’t won a game in 2024 is likely to be under pressure. Especially when that includes a 6-0 drubbing at home and games against Bristol City, Sheff United, Bournemouth and Forest.

His football is also dire as fuck.

On 22/02/2024 at 21:26, brummie said:

I think West Ham is a very complicated situation which goes beyond the manager.

Moyes is doing alright in terms of results, but they've got owners who have alienated the fanbase since taking over, they've moved them to without a doubt the worst 'new' stadium in English football, an atmosphere killer but lots of seats so hey-ho, and the manager is one of the last of a dinosaur breed who play pretty austere football.

I'd be absolutely distraught if our owners ever moved us somewhere like the London Stadium just because it had more seats.

When Gold, Sullivan and Brady ran Birmingham City they constantly went on at the council about building them a new stadium (despite lack of interest from anybody at all in attending games at their current stadium), it was a fucking obsession. It must have been their life's ambition to get given that stadium at West Ham.

Only, it's a fucking horrific venue, but they don't care, because hey, the numbers.

And the fucking cushty deal they got on the expense of the taxpayer. Wankers 

Already started looking at replacements should they part ways? What a bizarre way of wording things, like it’s some sort of passive event that could just happen without anyone making the decision