The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t tell you how much I would love Southgate to get the job.

Same. I live down here so i'm surrounded by them, they'll be absolutely gutted if it's him.

So naturally i'm praying that it is!

I find it virtually impossible to believe that genuine Man U fans can look at ETH and what he's offered up and be pleased. Surely once they put their comfort blankets down and just watch the games for what they are that he's taking them backwards? He's been dreadful for them and they've been winging it for months now, the odd moment of brilliance, the massive lucky streak and other intangibles have papered over the cracks and kept him in a job but that only lasts for so long. Keep him on and they'll plummet

1 minute ago, midds said:

I find it virtually impossible to believe that genuine Man U fans can look at ETH and what he's offered up and be pleased. Surely once they put their comfort blankets down and just watch the games for what they are that he's taking them backwards? He's been dreadful for them and they've been winging it for months now, the odd moment of brilliance, the massive lucky streak and other intangibles have papered over the cracks and kept him in a job but that only lasts for so long. Keep him on and they'll plummet

But who would replace him ? Do you reckon Ashworth would go for Howe as revenge for messing him about ?

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Eh?

That makes no sense.

Howe is a football manger, Man U could soon be looking for one, it could be Howe

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Howe is not going to Man Utd.

Ok I was just asking the question if it could be possible, the way Ratcliffe was talking today he seems like a spiteful bloke

Just now, Ben said:

Ok I was just asking the question if it could be possible, the way Ratcliffe was talking today he seems like a spiteful bloke

If Ashworth goes to Man Utd, they'll be clauses in it to not poach players, coaches etc from us.

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Crazy thing is I think he'll be an upgrade on ETH, but still awful.

Not a chance he's an upgrade, like. He's a bootlicker that's been given been given a golden key with the players he's had available

Can't see Howe wanting to work with Ashworth again, and probably vice versa.

As I say, it'll be Southgate. If by any miracle it isn't, it'll be Potter.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If it’s Southgate, it might be worth sticking a quid on them to go down, he’s that bad and that arrogant.

Are you calling Southgate arrogant? 

He's literally the complete opposite. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Southgate just has shades of OGS to me. I could see him maybe doing okay but they'll not threaten the majority trophies with him.

Same. He'll do ok I think. 

10 hours ago, midds said:

My mate, a red living in Manchester has now lost patience, the form this season has clinched it. Just not enough progression, players form all over the shop, same mistakes made on the pitch and seemingly ongoing off the pitch nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Southgate just has shades of OGS to me. I could see him maybe doing okay but they'll not threaten the major trophies with him.

Aye. Ole did a solid job for some time just creating a functional low-block and then asking the stars to go win the game.

Got the best out of Bruno Fernandes. Had a good Rashford. His biggest mistake was pissing off Lukaku and favouring Martial.