The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

3 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Untrue,he walked because they had to have a fire sale due to ffp

Ok then, but still, whenever he spoke, I couldn’t help but get Michael Owen vibes from him. Like he was doing Wolves a favour by being there, and then scarpered as quickly as he could at the first signs of trouble.

3 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Ok then, but still, whenever he spoke, I couldn’t help but get Michael Owen vibes from him. Like he was doing Wolves a favour by being there, and then scarpered as quickly as he could at the first signs of trouble.

I agree. Surely under those circumstances it’s your time to really show how good you are not ask to leave before the ship might sink. His behaviour with the Spanish national job/Real Madrid left a lot to be desired also.

20 minutes ago, KaKa said:

His contract is up so it doesn't matter if he wants to stay, if they don't want him and are ready for a change.

As long as they have let him know, then there's nothing wrong with them approaching replacements.

And there's nothing wrong with any of his comments in return. He's on his way out, so can say whatever he likes. 

20 minutes ago, KaKa said:

His contract is up so it doesn't matter if he wants to stay, if they don't want him and are ready for a change.

As long as they have let him know, then there's nothing wrong with them approaching replacements.

The new guy is out of work though, they could have waited until the season finished

Wonder if Moyes will have another job in him or if he’s had enough of it all. Despite his shortcomings tactically at times he’s always struck me as a pretty sound bloke.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Wonder if Moyes will have another job in him or if he’s had enough of it all. Despite his shortcomings tactically at times he’s always struck me as a pretty sound bloke.

He needs to just sit back and wait till november, desperate premier league clubs will be all over him

Writing's been on the wall for Moyes for a while now, looked like they'd move on last year until he inconveniently won a trophy :D

Still, he kept them in the premier leagues both times he was brought in, got Wham back to back top 7s for the first time in the Premier league and then won a European trophy. He should be able to look back and say he did a good job.

49 minutes ago, Ben said:

The new guy is out of work though, they could have waited until the season finished

Other teams are after him though.

Bayern tried to speak to him as well, but he had already decided on West Ham.

Probably doesn't happen if they had been waiting around.

47 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Toon Manager by November

48 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Been offered the Spartak Moscow job, would imagine he will wait for a job in England/Scotland.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Other teams are after him though.

Bayern tried to speak to him as well, but he had already decided on West Ham.

Probably doesn't happen if they had been waiting around.

Bayern sound like they don't have a fucking clue at the moment. De Zerbi, Lopetegui, Ragnick, Ten Haag [emoji38]

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Bayern sound like they don't have a fucking clue at the moment. De Zerbi, Lopetegui, Ragnick, Ten Haag [emoji38]

Follows there transfer strategy from last summer/January.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Been offered the Spartak Moscow job, would imagine he will wait for a job in England/Scotland.

Eh?

Seriously?

43 minutes ago, Checko said:

Writing's been on the wall for Moyes for a while now, looked like they'd move on last year until he inconveniently won a trophy :D

Still, he kept them in the premier leagues both times he was brought in, got Wham back to back top 7s for the first time in the Premier league and then won a European trophy. He should be able to look back and say he did a good job.

Sure, but they've brought in a bunch of good to great players and shouldn't be getting pelted by Chelsea like that or losing to the mighty Toon in an epic comeback like. :D

20 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I love it.

So happy Leverkusen showed them up this season and Alonso turned them down.

Really dislike the way they just look to hoover up talent from anyone that threatens them.

Hope they flop again next season.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LFEE said:

I agree. Surely under those circumstances it’s your time to really show how good you are not ask to leave before the ship might sink. His behaviour with the Spanish national job/Real Madrid left a lot to be desired also.

What was wrong with wanting to secure a job with his contract with Spain ending after the tournament?

Lots of other international managers have done the same including SBR in 1990.

Edited by El Prontonise

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Hull have sacked Liam Rosenior

Mad decision

Absolute bonkers decision that.

I don't follow the Championship a whole lot but all I ever saw were plaudits for the job he was doing for them or am I wrong?

He's done well but I imagine their mad owners were expecting playoffs as a minimum

I bet they spent a chunk on getting Carvalho on loan in the winter

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's done well but I imagine their mad owners were expecting playoffs as a minimum

I bet they spent a chunk on getting Carvalho on loan in the winter

Aye they’re one of the worst in the league for transfers/wages to income I remember reading. He’ll walk into another Championship job. Sunderland could do a lot worse even if he’d be despised from the off.

Be a yuge fan if Hull got Fatih Terim or some other daft lad in. 

They extended his contract in December so it's very bizarre. Either someone is waiting in the wings who is too good to miss out on, or it's just another case of there being an insane EFL board who know nothing about football.