The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

More from BBC Football pundit Robbie Savage: "I think Moyes will bounce back. Looking at Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, I think that type of club is what he is suited to. Manchester United was one step too far for him.

"We will have to wait and see if the new manager gets money. Whether it is Jurgen Klopp, Diego Simeone, Antonio Conte, Van Gaal - they are going to need £100m to improve that squad because some of the players that they have got there now have been so bad it is embarrassing."

I agree with Robbie Savage. Ready the shotgun.

Doug in Fife, via text on 81111: Which Man Utd players would get into Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool? Rooney maybe. Van Persie when he turns up. That's it. Man Utd were supposed to be different. I'm done supporting them.

:spit:

Wow, what a dirty glory seeker.  :lol: :lol:

Doug in Fife, via text on 81111: Which Man Utd players would get into Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool? Rooney maybe. Van Persie when he turns up. That's it. Man Utd were supposed to be different. I'm done supporting them.

:lol: Awesome. It's been hard to be a fan for like 8 months and Doug is fed up.

Guest firetotheworks

Reminds me of a few people I knew at school that "supported" Blackburn for like 3 months in 95/96 before miraculously remembering that they were from Newcastle.

Guest Walter

Reminds me of a few people I knew at school that "supported" Blackburn for like 3 months in 95/96 before miraculously remembering that they were from Newcastle.

WTF?

WTF?

http://jonathanway.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/shearer-trophy.jpg

:lol: Awesome. It's been hard to be a fan for like 8 months and Doug is fed up.

Hard. :lol: They're 7th, reached the Carling Cup semis, the Champions League quarters and still have the best away record in the league.  That would be a vintage season for us. :lol:

Just thinking about it some more and there's some real contradictions in AP's role at NUFC.

I think we initially appointed him very much along the lines of 'head coach, get whatever we give you in the way of players, performing and you'll be rewarded'. I think then that changed (significantly after DL's departure) more to a 'General Manager, look after the overall health and wellbeing of the club, get the team performing, work with us to generate a profit and be the PR front for it all'.

Interestingly, this doesn't seem to have changed with the LC appointment.

If you manage NUFC under Ashley, you're not a traditional manager. In Moyes's case specifically, can you imagine the legions of support staff and infrastructure he would have had for stuff like press, marketing, coaching etc etc whilst at Man Utd.

AP's got a halfwit local who got lost in Canada once, an overweight/over-enthusiastic GK coach with anger management problems and an ex-winger who can't seem to coach or pass on the ability to 'get the ball into the box' having been here years. Behind the scenes, he appears to have the infrastructure akin to that of Ricky Gervais in The Office, with plenty of competition for 'fat Keith' and probably a few gareths too (stats man for one).

It's just a clusterfuck, done on the cheap, like everything else surrounding the club at the minute. We really aren't going to attract anyone with any pedigree unless MA invests into the club and structures it properly.

Interesting if true:

The mathematical impossibility of United finishing in the top four this season, following their 11th Premier League defeat of the season at Goodison Park on Sunday, means that United need only give Moyes a one-year pay-off under the terms of his five-year deal, rather than honour the full four years left on that contract.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-moyes-sacked-manchester-united-sack-manager-david-moyes-after-less-than-a-season-in-charge-9274121.html

It is interesting. He was always going to get sacked if he didn't qualify for the CL basically.

I can't see his replacement being anyone but Queiroz, Van Gaal or Klopp, with the latter being a longshot. He'd be everyones #1 choice but I just can't see why he would leave.