The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

22 hours ago, Dokko said:

Even if they don't, they need to sell something like £115m worth of players before 30.6.24 or face the same pts deduction Everton received. Who on earth is going to help dig them out of that hole? Shame we're going for £28m of it, but anyone wanting one of their players just needs to hold off and get them at a hugely reduced price. 

Not that I really think that this has happened but it would be brilliantly Machiavellian of Newcastle to have loaned Hall on the "commitment" to buy, but to have snuck in a get out clause. Chelsea then go spend thinking there is money coming in. Newcastle then avoid the steps to make it a permanent transfer. Chelsea are doubly fecked. The points reduction takes them out of contention as a challenger next year and the cherry on top is Newcastle pick up a LB at a cheaper price as the market is somewhat deflated.

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Not that I really think that this has happened but it would be brilliantly Machiavellian of Newcastle to have loaned Hall on the "commitment" to buy, but to have snuck in a get out clause. Chelsea then go spend thinking there is money coming in. Newcastle then avoid the steps to make it a permanent transfer. Chelsea are doubly fecked. The points reduction takes them out of contention as a challenger next year and the cherry on top is Newcastle pick up a LB at a cheaper price as the market is somewhat deflated.

Well I mean if that is the move we played, then we may as well close the traitors thread and just watch this unfold.

30 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Going to be the new Seden manager :memelol:

Yep, so it seems. Interesting, I guess. Will be the first foreign Sweden national manager.

Edited by Collage

On 13/02/2024 at 20:15, joeyt said:

Think we might get another Watford sacking soon

I can see Carrick being under a bit of pressure at Boro again soon. Looking at the next games, Leicester away is likely a write-off, then they have Plymouth at home. Job could be on the line by that one as they'll likely be 10+ points from the Play-Offs if they don't win either. 

9 hours ago, joeyt said:

Bet the Holmesdale Hipsters will be braying themselves off at the thought of being able to up their “pretend Bundesliga” schtick. A further influx of gentrified Brixton bellends wearing black hoodies, some turtlenecks and repurposing FC St Pauli songs.

I'm not a huge fan of him but the way they've treated Roy today has been hugely disrespectful.

If you're going to sack him don't try and make him do a press conference before doing it. Have some respect